Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@hyperman25 Charlo/J-roc could happen Sept 10th or 17th

We laughed bout it but J-roc's insults got him waiting and prolly having to face Charlo in Texas

Texas don't let their fighters lose that easy :mjpls:

@Newzz :laff::laff::laff:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
He better ko jesse I'm tired of nikkas thinking Jesse elite
Nobody thinks Vargas is elite. Vargas must be on some other shyt if he thinks Bob is gonna let him fight Spence. It'll be vs Pacquaio or Bradley 2, this the WBO we're talking about.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
@mr. smoke weed, Loeffler revealed his plan for GGG, I know you brought it up and wondered what they were doing.

He said the goal is still to do 3 fights a year and if they win vs. Brook he is looking for a November/December date. He is hoping the WBA enforces the mandatory so they can get Jacobs in the ring in NY (which I doubt happens because that is a short turnaround to negotiate with a PBC fighter and Jacobs has said he doesn't want the fight for at least a year).

And the belts thing above shouldn't surprise anyone. His camp has stayed consistent saying they want to be at 160 to unify and break the defense record. They say the would take a one off at 168, but plan on being at 160 because that is his natural weight class, until there is nothing left to accomplish.

Edit: Personally after Brook I would restart making a Eubanks fight and be like you wanted it, prove you will take it. And after that he would have fought two UK fighters and gotten them more hyped off of him, maybe that gives him more leverage to get BJS in the ring. BJS can hide from GGG, but maybe not if his whole fanbase demands he should fight GGG.

Last edited:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't get these Spence vs Vargas talks from yall...how does that shyt make any sense??

Spence is going the IBF route...is bout to fight Bundu for #1 contender

Why tf would he fight Vargas :dahell:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I don't get these Spence vs Vargas talks from yall...how does that shyt make any sense??

Spence is going the IBF route...is bout to fight Bundu for #1 contender

Why tf would he fight Vargas :dahell:
On top of it being the WBO (Top Rank) belt that he has.

:ohhh: Now i can see why golovkin will never get the WBO

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
@mr. smoke weed, Loeffler revealed his plan for GGG, I know you brought it up and wondered what they were doing.

He said the goal is still to do 3 fights a year and if they win vs. Brook he is looking for a November/December date. He is hoping the WBA enforces the mandatory so they can get Jacobs in the ring in NY (which I doubt happens because that is a short turnaround to negotiate with a PBC fighter and Jacobs has said he doesn't want the fight for at least a year).

And the belts thing above shouldn't surprise anyone. His camp has stayed consistent saying they want to be at 160 to unify and break the defense record. They say the would take a one off at 168, but plan on being at 160 because that is his natural weight class, until there is nothing left to accomplish.

Edit: Personally after Brook I would restart making a Eubanks fight and be like you wanted it, prove you will take it. And after that he would have fought two UK fighters and gotten them more hyped off of him, maybe that gives him more leverage to get BJS in the ring. BJS can hide from GGG, but maybe not if his whole fanbase demands he should fight GGG.

Good lookin :salute:

If I'm loeffler ggg is fighting bare minimum 3x a year, because HBO will finance him $2mm to fight bums, every.....time......out.

If I'm ggg (no BS here) I'd start making the match with Eubank JR. NOW, find another 154'er who has balls, fight him in the UK and go that route. Bob will pay BJS more to avoid ggg than he can make fighting him for the WBO. If g tries to adopt UK as a second home (ala mexican style :aicmon:), they will put up whatever BS fights will be made. G can stay at 160, fighting forklift operators and tea salesmen, while retaining his 160 belts and being supported by the UK fan base (b/c they support BS anyway), and not having to take any risks.