Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
GGG vs. Brook:
- Canelo vs. GGG? Believes it will happen, just not right now.
- Eubank turned down the GGG fight and Brook immediately accepted, he took the exact same offer that Eubank would have received.
- BJS and Eubank ducked GGG. Brook deserves credit for daring to be great. GGG should win the fight, but at least it is interesting.
- When guys want to make a fight, they get made. GGG vs. Brook took 2 days to make. Eubank and BJS could never agree with GGG, despite GGG agreeing to terms. Vargas got greedy and made the unification with Brook very difficult.
- Difference between Khan-Brook for Canelo and GGG? GGG has been begging to fight the top guys in his weight class and no one has accepted the fight. In the Khan fight, Canelo didn't try to negotiate with any top fighters near his weight class.
- Other than insisting on 160 lbs for his fights, GGG's camp is one of the easiest to work with. Loeffler is easy to negotiate with and GGG never makes crazy demands.
- This fight shouldn't be rated on the credit GGG gets if he wins, but rather being a big fight. GGG has been wanting a big fight. This gets him a big fight, until he can get Canelo in the ring.
- People can no longer criticize Brook for his choice of opponent.
- Brook probably will not be forced to vacate.
- BJS is a joke. He talks tough, but runs from every big fight.
- No idea what Vargas does next, but he blew a big opportunity vs. Brook.
- Vargas signed his end of the deal vs. Brook, but TR needed to add in their cut and the numbers were just too much for Matchroom.
- Critics of GGG fighting at 168 should remember he signed to fight JCC and JCC negotiations with TR stopped the fight. He also wanted Froch and it was Froch's side who passed on the fight. There hasn't been another been any other fights at 168 vs. top fighters who were available (Ward was unavailable due to legal issues).
- Most avoided fighters he remembers covering? GGG, Margarito, Paul Williams, Winky Wright, and Luis Ortiz.
- Should GGG have fought Lara? GGG vs. Brook is a bigger fight by 50x.

The :cape:this fat a$$hole does for lilg is fukking disgusting :scust:

This fight is indefensible, and I have lost any respect I may have once had for this overblown hypejob.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
With representatives for junior middleweight titlist Jermall Charlo (24-0, 18 KOs), 26, of Houston, and mandatory challenger Julian “J Rock” Williams (22-0-1, 14 KOs), 26, of Philadelphia, unable to make a deal since the bout was ordered on May 30, the IBF on Friday ordered a purse bid for the fight. The promotional rights will be auctioned off July 19 at the sanctioning body’s offices in Springfield, New Jersey with the fight likely to take place in September. "My focus is on Jermall Charlo. It's going to be a great fight,” Williams said. “I think he's a heck of a fighter. This is legacy defining. This is a real No. 1 contender against a real champion. This is a real mandatory. This is like Bernard Hopkins having to defend against Jermain Taylor. Or Jermain Taylor having to defend against Kelly Pavlik. Or Felix Trinidad having to fight Oba Carr. This is a real fight and I'm excited. I'm excited to test my skills against one of the best young fighters in the game.”

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:blessed: yall so mad :blessed:

breh is gonna a milly ppv buys in the uk while ward gets 5000 strong with a shoe palace discount :blessed:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
fat dan really embarrassed himself defending GGG vs brooks in his chat today
he sounded like a obsessive fan, not a journalist

13651888_1809779389245110_414163676_n.jpg

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
what them stans on boxing scene saying about GGG now? :mjpls:

Here are some choice cuts:

Originally Posted by _Maxi
1) Maybe there's a CW. Talks six months ago were that Brook wanted ggg at 155, remember?
2) Brook is a big WW and is no chinny.
3) Maybe he's coming in lighter to prepare himself for Canelo.
4) Brook's and GGG fight night weight will be the same if there's a CW.

**** YEAH!!!! Huge mega fight right here, Brook>Khan. Brook has a big name. And to all the idiots who cant understand this, the plan is to stay light and close to Canelo. This signals that Gennady is preparing to move down a few pounds to get the Canelo fight sooner. Thats where the money fights are and Gennady is making the sacrifice to be great!!

I have never seen a destructive force be willing to move up or down sacrificing power and resistance just to cement his legacy with force since people his own weight dont wanna fight him. Gennady is a ****ing legend

Originally Posted by _Maxi
What if GGG is coming to 156/157 for Brook, and then 154 for Canelo. And then 154 for Lara, and then 160 for BJS and Eubank jr, and then 168 for Ward, and then 175 for Kovalev and Beterviev. What a ****ing resume man.

What the f was for surprise. I'm happy that GGG gets a big name finally.
Brook -> undefeated.
Khan -> KO losses at 135, at 140.
Brook -> Proven at WW.
Khan -> Unproven at WW.
Brook's chin -> Good
Khan's chin -> Glass
Brook -> Big WW.
Khan -> Blown up lightweight.

I ****ing love this!! The plan is clear, stay Close to Canelo. Do the Canelo plan fighting smaller fighters and stay light. CANELO HAS NO ESCAPE LOL! Brook>Khan. This is a mega fight right here.

That's right, I trawled the cesspool that is boxingscene's comments section so you guys didn't have to. You're welcome, brehs.