Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
David Itskowitch, who helped launch the boxing division of Jay Z's Roc Nation Sports almost two years ago, resigned as the company's chief operating officer on Thursday.

Itskowitch was the first person hired by the fledgling promoter when it got into the boxing business in August 2014. Under his watch, Roc Nation Sports has put on a handful of cards, signed two of boxing's biggest names in undefeated former super middleweight world champion Andre Ward and former four-division world titleholder Miguel Cotto, and promoted the second-biggest pay-per-view card of 2015, Cotto's middleweight world title loss to Canelo Alvarez in November. That fight, which Roc Nation Sports co-promoted with Golden Boy Promotions, generated about 900,000 buys. Only the record-breaking Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao spectacle did more business.

Itskowitch did not give a reason for his resignation but said the parting was amicable.

"I'm appreciative of the opportunity that Roc Nation Sports gave me to build their boxing division," Itskowitch told ESPN.com. "I value the relationships that I formed while I was with the company, and I am extremely proud of all that we accomplished in two years. I'm looking forward to new challenges in my career."

Itskowitch, 41, said he was unsure if he would remain involved in the boxing business; it is the business he has been in for most of his adult life.

From 1996 to 2000, Itskowitch, of New York, worked at HBO as the right-hand man for then-senior vice president Lou DiBella, who was responsible for programming the network's fights. When DiBella left HBO to found his own promotional company, Itskowitch went with him, working for DiBella Entertainment from 2000 to 2006.

Itskowitch then joined Golden Boy Promotions as its COO, working for Oscar De La Hoya's company from 2007 until resigning in 2013 to take a break from the sport.

Roc Nation Sports plans to fill the COO position but probably not until after Ward's fight against Alexander Brand on Aug. 6. "Roc Nation is thankful for the efforts and contributions Dave Itskowitch made to Roc Nation Sports, but at this time, we have decided to part ways," Michael Yormark told ESPN.com. He is the president and chief of branding and strategy for parent company Roc Nation. "We wish him the best of luck in the future."

Boxing Roc Nation Sports COO Itskowitch resigns

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Chavez_Lean1_copy.png

3303ad48bcb2ea2b393dcac1add34b7e.png

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Robert Garcia: Mikey Garcia could face Adrien Broner, Danny Garcia within a few fights
By Wil Esco@wil_esco on Jul 8, 2016, 9:49a 1

Trainer Robert Garcia talks about his brother Mikey Garcia returning to the ring and his plans to stay active while targeting big fights.

In this video interview with FightHype, Robert Garcia talks about Mikey Garcia's career plans now that he'll be back in the ring shortly. Here's what he had to say.

On Mikey Garcia saying he's the closest thing to Floyd Mayweather in terms of skill:

"My dad is very smart in boxing and we've learned so much from my dad, he knows a lot...maybe two years from now because even though I might be seeing that too, I think it's too early because Mikey hasn't fought in 2 1/2 years. So let's see him fight 3 or 4 times and win, and look so good, then we can say 'maybe he's as good as Mayweather, maybe he's better.' But right now we can't even say he's pound-for-pound, he might not even be in the top 20, because he hasn't fought.

"My dad says it because he knows how good Mikey is. But me, personally, business-wise, let's wait 4, 5 fights from now and then I maybe I'll be able to say he's as good as Mayweather, not the closest, maybe even better than Mayweather. Right now I wouldn't dare say that. Even though I feel it, and my dad says it because he feels it, but we can't prove it because he hasn't fought in 2 1/2 years."

On what signature fights could be awaiting Mikey in the near future:

"Mikey wants his next fight to be for the 135 title, and then he wants to go to 140 -- unless there's a big unification -- but he wants to go fight for a title at 140. That's three fights there - first one coming up, then 135 title, then 140 title. Then he wants to fight someone like, Broner type of fighter. Then he wants to fight against someone like Danny Garcia. That's what Mikey wants. And I don't see why not. That's five fights, and then a sixth fight is getting Mayweather out of retirement."

On Mikey being perceived as a PBC fighter because he's on the July 30th card:

"It's 'cause that's where the fights are at. You know Mikey just left Top Rank, otherwise we'd be talking Pacquiao, Crawford, Postol, you know what I mean? But Mikey just left Top Rank so why even mention those fighters. Maybe now through a Mayweather, or through Al Haymon, or Lou DiBella - maybe we could negotiate something to fight Pacquiao...but Mikey's not gonna do it through Top Rank anymore 'cause we already went through 2 1/2 years to leave Top Rank. He's not gonna go back to Top Rank.

"I think Golden Boy is probably the one who has shown the least interest. A while back we met, and Oscar showed a lot of interest, but then it all kind of faded away and lately we haven't seen much interest, so where else? Right now Mikey hasn't signed [he's currently on a one fight deal] but that's where the fights are at, man."

Robert Garcia: Mikey Garcia could face Adrien Broner, Danny Garcia within a few fights

I'd welcome an Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia clash @mr. smoke weed:ehh:

They talking about 1 1/2 - 2 years down the line though...so hopefully both win all their fights until then and we get this fight sometime in the Spring/Summer 2018:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
A month after the IBF ordered lightweight contenders Richard Commey (24-0, 22 KOs) and Robert Easter Jr. (17-0, 14 KOs) to meet for its vacant world title, the sides have been unable to make a deal. So, on Thursday the sanctioning body ordered a purse bid for July 19 at IBF headquarters in Springfield, New Jersey, to determine who will have promotional rights to the bout and how much money the fighters will earn. Commey, 29, of Ghana, and Easter, 25, of Toledo, Ohio -- both of whom have knocked out their past five opponents -- will be meeting for the 135-pound belt vacated by Rances Barthelemy, who moved up in weight.

Notes: Commey-Easter lightweight title bout headed to purse bid

AB gonna have to put in a bid in order to promote this fight:lupe:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

"Mikey wants his next fight to be for the 135 title, and then he wants to go to 140 -- unless there's a big unification -- but he wants to go fight for a title at 140. That's three fights there - first one coming up, then 135 title, then 140 title. Then he wants to fight someone like, Broner type of fighter. Then he wants to fight against someone like Danny Garcia. That's what Mikey wants. And I don't see why not. That's five fights, and then a sixth fight is getting Mayweather out of retirement."

"It's 'cause that's where the fights are at. You know Mikey just left Top Rank, otherwise we'd be talking Pacquiao, Crawford, Postol, you know what I mean? But Mikey just left Top Rank so why even mention those fighters. Maybe now through a Mayweather, or through Al Haymon, or Lou DiBella - maybe we could negotiate something to fight Pacquiao...but Mikey's not gonna do it through Top Rank anymore 'cause we already went through 2 1/2 years to leave Top Rank. He's not gonna go back to Top Rank.

"I think Golden Boy is probably the one who has shown the least interest. A while back we met, and Oscar showed a lot of interest, but then it all kind of faded away and lately we haven't seen much interest, so where else? Right now Mikey hasn't signed [he's currently on a one fight deal] but that's where the fights are at, man."

They talking about 1 1/2 - 2 years down the line though...so hopefully both win all their fights until then and we get this fight sometime in the Spring/Summer 2018:manny:

I would love to see this, but I want to see how Mikey looks on 7/30 first. 2.5 years of ring rust is 2.5 years. I know that the Garcia camp has hellacious sparring sessions, but sparring and fighting are two different things. I think Mikey needs two tune ups (both this year) then a 135 title fight and 2 more fights in 2017. Can't believe I'm the only huge Mikey fan here.........his jab is just :wow:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
By Wil Esco@wil_esco on Jul 8, 2016, 9:49a 1

Trainer Robert Garcia talks about his brother Mikey Garcia returning to the ring and his plans to stay active while targeting big fights.

In this video interview with FightHype, Robert Garcia talks about Mikey Garcia's career plans now that he'll be back in the ring shortly. Here's what he had to say.

On Mikey Garcia saying he's the closest thing to Floyd Mayweather in terms of skill:

"My dad is very smart in boxing and we've learned so much from my dad, he knows a lot...maybe two years from now because even though I might be seeing that too, I think it's too early because Mikey hasn't fought in 2 1/2 years. So let's see him fight 3 or 4 times and win, and look so good, then we can say 'maybe he's as good as Mayweather, maybe he's better.' But right now we can't even say he's pound-for-pound, he might not even be in the top 20, because he hasn't fought.

"My dad says it because he knows how good Mikey is. But me, personally, business-wise, let's wait 4, 5 fights from now and then I maybe I'll be able to say he's as good as Mayweather, not the closest, maybe even better than Mayweather. Right now I wouldn't dare say that. Even though I feel it, and my dad says it because he feels it, but we can't prove it because he hasn't fought in 2 1/2 years."

I like mikey but jumping weight classes fighting the nikkas with the best pop :francis:

Big difference between taking a rocky Martinez punch and punches from swift :francis:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Mook

MARCOS MAIDANA STRONGLY CONSIDERING A COMEBACK; SOURCES SAY HE COULD BE IN CAMP AS EARLY AS AUGUST
By Ben Thompson | July 08, 2016

marcosmaidana2.jpg

Sources close to the situation have informed us that former world champion Marcos Maidana is in the process of planning his comeback. We're told that Maidana recently flew in from Argentina and will soon be meeting with adivsor Al Haymon to discuss his future plans. Although Maidana has not officially made a final decision about returning, sources say members of his team have already started making plans for a training camp as early as August.

It's been nearly two years since Maidana's last performance inside the ring, a unanimous decision loss to retired undefeated former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather. It was Maidana's second fight with Mayweather, an immediate rematch that came together thanks to a competitive first fight. Since then, Maidana has been enjoying the millions of dollars that his two fights with Mayweather earned him. So much so, in fact, that Maidana has ballooned up in weight well past the 147-pound division that he once fought in. It's rumored that his current weight is upwards of 190 pounds. If he does ultimately decide to return, it's unclear what weight he'll fight at, but we're told Maidana himself still has eyes on the welterweight division.

MARCOS MAIDANA STRONGLY CONSIDERING A COMEBACK; SOURCES SAY HE COULD BE IN CAMP AS EARLY AS AUGUST || FIGHTHYPE.COM