Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
with tito i just think the bhop fight took something out of him mentally..his fighting spirit..with the exception of the mayorga he went through the motions..winky though was a road warrior for a long stretch of his career..that prolly played a part in the decisions he made

I didn't see any lack of effort in his fights post Hopkins. He lost to Winky & Roy. He wasn't going to win these fight. This was just poor matchmaking.

He just wanted big fights as opposed to putting an actual plan together.

Managing your career, by taking tuneups, making the right fights, etc is something Tito did not do towards the end.

However, now that I think about it, that could be asking too much. He fought in the amateurs & turned pro at 17. I keep forgetting the Wright fight was like as his 15th year as a pro. Meticulously managing his career was over at that stage.

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
That wasn't really surprising to me when that fight was announced.

To beat a guy like Winky, you have to outwork him & throw a lot of punches, which Sam has no problem doing.

Winky was still able to beat a guy that presents stylistic problems. Now I don't think Sam ever had a chance of winning. Despite having a style to give Wright some trouble, he still wasn't a fighter to actually pull off the win, as he just wasn't at that tier. A "c+/b-" type of fighter isn't beating an A level fighter even if they have the style. They will have some moments though.

I haven't see the Harry Simon fight in over a decade but I remember he was another guy that brought it as well.

It is funny how boxing works. If Sam Soliman fought Tito he would have got knocked out.

simon won that fight.. so much wasted potential:mjcry:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Idk, I've seen pics of his wraps and it looks like he uses a lot of tape all over his wraps resulting what looks like a cast... I've read people saying the same thing.. I would say it's possible that it can make his hands become heavier... It looks a advantage to me :manny:

you don't know what you're talking about fam.

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
The thing is he started when he was like 15. Most Mexican fighters turn pro very young (no amateur system). So by the time a Mexican turns 30, they've been a professional fighter for damn near 15 years, That's alot of wear and tear on your body regardless of how many wars you've been in.

Canelo's gonna have a lot of tread on his tires when he hits 30. Luckily he hasn't been in many wars, but you never know what the future holds. There's still plenty of time for him to get into wars.

I think he'll be on the decline by 30. It's just a matter of will he be like Morales (over the hill, but still game can still be competitive/show flashes of his former self) or will he be like Barrera (completely shot/spent)
I think his decline might be more like Marquez due to his skills and the way he fights.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
My in laws would legit throw hands w you nikkas over this Tito slander :wow:

I wasn't his biggest fan but you nikkas putting no type of respeck on his name.

This is the man that legit beat the shyt out of sweet pea don't matter if it was coked out Sp he still had enough skill to have Oscar looking foolish out there. :wow:
That was over two years before the Tito fight :birdman:
Sweet Pea was coming off of failed drug tests and mandatory rehab. He was done, the drugs HAD him (even before he got caught but...)

...but Tito does deserve his props for that win because nobody has/had ever truly defeated Sweet Pea until this fight. Sad, sad day in the Suikoden house hold that night....... Not Tito's fault Sweet Key had gone off the deep edge

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
So who's all supposed to be on this July 30th card that Mikey's on?

shyt sounds fire especially if they're adding JCC JR and J'leon Love

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
So who's all supposed to be on this July 30th card that Mikey's on?

shyt sounds fire especially if they're adding JCC JR and J'leon Love

July 30
At New York (Showtime/Showtime Extreme):

• Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton, 12 rounds, for Santa Cruz's WBA featherweight title

• Mikey Garcia vs. Elio Rojas, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

• Sergey Rabchenko vs. Tony Harrison, 12 rounds, IBF junior middleweight eliminator

• Paulie Malignaggi vs. Grabriel Bracero, 10 rounds, welterweights

• Ivan Redkach vs. Tevin Farmer, 10 rounds, lightweights

PBC got.....

CVpda1fWcAA6Vr3.jpg

:blessed: