Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Quadrupleheader finalized for July 22 ShoBox
By Scott Christ

@scottchristBLH on Jun 29, 2016, 3:23p 1

02_Lopez_Weigh_In_Feb_19_2016.0.0.jpg

Rosie Cohe/SHOWTIME
ShoBox celebrates its 15th anniversary next month with a four-fight card from Connecticut.

Tweet
Share (77)
Pin

Showtime’s ShoBox will return to the air on July 22 from the Foxwoods Resort in Mashantucket, Connecticut, featuring some familiar names as well as some new faces in a four-fight card, celebrating the 15th anniversary of the prospect-checking series.

In the main event, super bantamweight prospect Adam Lopez (15-0, 7 KO) will face Argentina’s Roman Ruben Reynoso (18-1-1, 7 KO) in a 10-round bout. Lopez, 25, fought on ShoBox in February, beating Mario Munoz by decision. The 25-year-old Reynoso was last seen on May 20 in Canada, winning a six-round decision over Cristian Arrazola.

"Reynoso is a good fighter from Argentina. He is in Canada now, so I am sure he is getting good sparring there," Lopez said. "He is kind of wild, but guys like that are hard to fight because you don’t know where the punches are coming from, but we will be prepared for anything."

"Everything is going well in training camp,’’ Reynoso said. "We know that Lopez is tall for 122 pounds and he has good hand speed. He has a good name and we will try to learn more in the next few weeks. This is a big opportunity for us and we will do our best. This is a big fight and we know we have to win. With a win, we would hope to get a world title opportunity.’’

In an eight round middleweight fight, Ronald Ellis (12-0-1, 10 KO) will face Julius Jackson (19-1, 15 KO), the elder of the two fighting sons of Julian Jackson. Ellis, 26, is coming off of a draw against Jerry Odom on February 19, and says he’s looking to show more this time out.

"This is going to be another coming out party for me,’’ Ellis said. "The last fight was a draw. I had some problems with my hand, but I’m back and this is a step for me. Hopefully he comes to fight. I hope he brings it 100 percent because I am bringing 200 percent."

Jackson, 28, was last in the ring on October 6 of last year, when he was smashed in two rounds by Jose Uzcategui in a PBC on FS1 main event.

"I’m looking to redeem myself and come out with a win,’’ said Jackson. "This is my second ShoBox fight and I’m excited to get backto let the world see my talent. I’m getting better, my training has been good. I expect to be in with another really good fighter. It should be a great fight.’’

O’Shaquie Foster (10-1, 7 KO) will make his third appearance on ShoBox in an eight round featherweight bout against Rolando Chinea (12-1-1, 6 KO). Foster, 22, came in the favorite for his first ShoBox fight last November against Samuel Teah, but lost an eight-round decision. He returned to beat Lavisas Williams in February.

"Everything is going good,’’ Foster said. "I’ve been doing a lot of conditioning. I am in the best shape of my life. Chinea has a good jab and I know he will be in a good shape.

"Ever since I moved to Virginia to train, my conditioning, mentality and confidence has gone way up and that was the difference from my first fight to my last fight on ShoBox. On July 22, I will be even that much better.’’

Chinea, 25, will be the underdog. He’s won two straight since a loss to Ismail Muwendo in April 2015 in Texas, a majority decision over eight rounds.

"I treat every opponent the same,’’ Chinea. "I give everything I got and I leave it all in the ring. I know Foster was a good amateur. I know he can box and I know he has some pop.

"This is the moment I’ve dreamed about since I started boxing at 14. My main goal is to tune out the crowd and win. I want to be a main event fighter on Showtime and this is the first step.’’

The fourth fight on the card will be another eight rounder, this one in the junior middleweight division, between Khiary Gray-Pitts (13-0, 10 KO) and Ismael Garcia (10-0, 4 KO). Gray-Pitts, 23, turned pro two years ago and is still untested. Garcia, 29, started his career in 2010, but he missed all of 2011 and fought only once in 2012, so he’s never really developed momentum.

"I'm very excited,’’ Gray-Pitts said. "Now I get to showcase my skillset to the whole world. It's something I've been waiting for. There's still more that people haven't seen yet when it comes to me. Now I get to see what I have the ability to do. I'm able to block [the crowd] out.

"The more pressure there is, the more relaxed I am. I don't know a lot about my opponent, but it doesn't matter as long as I go in there and get done what I need to get done."

"It is my television debut, and everything we have been working on in my first 10 fights we will put together for this fight,’’ Garcia said. "This is Showtime. Being on ShoBox is a long time coming for me. It’s what I’ve dreamed about since I started boxing. It’s his TV debut as well so I know he will be on top of his game. We will be preparing 100 percent for that and then some.

"I have seen a little of Gray-Pitts on tape. This will be my toughest test, as I will be his toughest test. When you have 13-0 fighting 10-0, it will be a good fight.’’

hmm im contemplating on whether or not to hit the card up :patrice:..ive never been to a shobox card, its at one of my old haunts, plus my boy's fighters that he promotes are all over this card

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

"who all of a sudden has lost his pen":russ::mjlol::dead:

@GREENandYELLOW @patscorpio @LauderdaleBoss yall just gonna have to move up to 168...nobody want to fight him at 160:yeshrug:

I'll just wait and see what happens.

Remember everyone was saying #Thurminators was ducking that Porter fade and we all seen what happened with that (it took a while tho) :manny:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

"who all of a sudden has lost his pen":russ::mjlol::dead:

@GREENandYELLOW @patscorpio @LauderdaleBoss yall just gonna have to move up to 168...nobody want to fight him at 160:yeshrug:

I don't know if Eubanks is getting nervous or if the negotiations are just complicated. Hearn was out earlier this week saying that he thought the fight would get done soon, but the struggle now was getting all the TV networks, advertising, etc. all on the same page and they were on the 5th draft of the contract.

Eubank has kept his twitter feed pretty full with GGG tweets, so until things progress further I will assume Eubanks isn't running scared.

Hadn't heard anything from the GGG side, but good to hear they have agreed to everything. GGG would be fighting in the UK and likely making less than Eubank in the fight. If Eubank doesn't sign, it is a clear duck.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'll just wait and see what happens.

Remember everyone was saying #Thurminators was ducking that Porter fade and we all seen what happened with that (it took a while tho) :manny:

TBF I don't think they have Costco's in Europe breh........