Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I know they have diff. styles nikka but they both got exposed by the old slick c00n
Like I said you the breh. Half the posts, twice strong my friend. Go and watch tape of Pavlik, and watch tape of Tito.

That's like comparing Brandon Rios/Chris Algeria to BATB, because they both lost to Manny.

In fact those are better comparisons and I literally pulled it out of my ass :ehh:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Imagine Cottos struggle stamina trying to :stylin::mj:for 12 rds against Titos elite stamina
Here's an easy way to solve this debate.

Look at Cotto against Mannys power, he got his knot rocked. Look at Tito's power, it's better than Mannys.

Should end it there.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
its a shame cotto and tito don't have any common opponents to my knowledge
Common opponents can be misleading though.

Sugar John Molina aka Nasir Molina JR. Handled Provo, BATB went life and death with Provo. I'd bet my next 3 paychecks BATB would Broner Molina

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Nah I didn't know the history, but based on the recent article it just sounds like he doesn't want it, but apparently he does.

Regardless, it would be a good match up, and I hope we see it soon.

@LauderdaleBoss I agree with you lara is boring to watch, but in reality dude is a very good boxer with + defense and + power

Lara is good skills wise, but is awful TV wise.:manny:

Andrade has options now (Charlo & Canelo) so he can put Lara to the end of the list unless no one who = more money/exposure steps up to face him.:ehh:

I seen the fight once thought Oscar won :yeshrug:

He did:sas2:

Sorry breh I can't read and remember every damn Article about a boxer who isn't in #SmokeSquad

Just the way this was typed sounds funny:salute::heh:

Like I said, they're both very good boxers, I would favor Lara. But they definitely should scrap. No hating there. The fact @Black_Jesus and I agree is like losing your job and finding out your girl is banging your ace from 2nd grade, sometimes shyt happens :yeshrug:

Skills wise...yes, it's a great matchup, but many people considered Andrade a "boring" fighter which is why he's trying to face someone who comes to let his hands go & make entertaining matchups now. That's the whole reason Andrade was being avoided before, because regardless of him being an Olympian, who was an undefeated Champion, he was unknown and brought nothing to the table (fans/buzz/entertainment) to casuals, so people easily dismissed him when he constantly called out Canelo.

Now, he's trying to bring the KOs and engage in exciting fights to bring in bigger paydays and Lara cant help him with that....so he's a last option. Not because Andrade is scared of him, bc Andrade was also willing to move up to 160 and face GGG, but because Andrade has "dumbed down for his audience in order to double his dollars":yeshrug:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Imagine Cottos struggle stamina trying to :stylin::mj:for 12 rds against Titos elite stamina

Tito would've had Cotto down on a knee like Margs did in the corner even before the bell rung....you know Cotto's ego. If he would've had to fight Tito with the WHOLE of PR rooting against him?:wow:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i mean tito had his flaws...never met a consistent jab he didnt like, suspect chin, slow starter, got too stationary as he moved up the weights but to compare him to kelly pavlik in any fashion is unparalleled in the years ive been talking boxing online :pachaha:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Here's an easy way to solve this debate.

Look at Cotto against Mannys power, he got his knot rocked. Look at Tito's power, it's better than Mannys.

Should end it there.
Tito ain't half the boxer manny is. Tito was a basic fighter his skills were c level. It was his size and strength and stamina that made him great. The only advantage tito has over cotton is size and stanima. Head to head tito wins but I think Cotto is a much more complete fighter.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Tito ain't half the boxer manny is.

Skill wise he wasn't.

Tito was a basic fighter his skills were c level.

Nah.

It was his size and strength and stamina that made him great.

His power was great also.

The only advantage tito has over cotton is size and stanima. Head to head tito wins but I think Cotto is a much more complete fighter.

And power, strength, and confidence....confidence plays a lot into how an opponent approaches a fight. You're severely underestimating Tito's size/strength/power/stamina/stalking ability in relation to Cotto who deals with those things very poorly. Cotto doesn't like to be walked down and doesn't fight "fire with fire" (aka he doesn't like to trade bombs).

Look at the size difference between them:

Lopez_TrinidadFarina410NF01.jpg

felix-trinidad-miguel-cotto-2010-1-24-19-41-59.jpg

Look at Cotto's face in these last 2 pics....he's looking like at Tito's right hand like: ":merchant: what is @#SOG_soldier talkin bout....I wouldn't want this guy in his prime standing next to me:merchant:"

dcbce7996d293ca2f893295e7bbd4cb6.jpg

timthumb.php

No matter if it was 147, 154, or 160....Tito would destroy Cotto, because even though Cotto was more skillful all-around, Tito was GREAT at Cotto's weaknesses (Cotto's weaknesses were taking power punches, suspect stamina, smaller of size, average strength, average chin, tendency to get own his bike against a come forward stalker):manny: