Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz I see your point on Andrade-lara... but didn't u want ggg to face lara a few months back?

Yes, but that's because GGG is saying no one wants to fight him at Middleweight....and Lara is willing to move up to 160 and fight him.

I wouldn't tell GGG to purposely seek out Lara if Canelo, Peter Quillin, or Danny Jacobs were available first, because they would = better matchups imo.

Andrade has options now, when he used to have none. Now, he has a mandatory Charlo fight AND a mandatory Canelo fight (once Canelo beats Smith in September) that he can wait for in 2017 to happen. There's no way he should throw those away to fight Lara now.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Skill wise he wasn't.

Nah.

His power was great also.

And power, strength, and confidence....confidence plays a lot into how an opponent approaches a fight. You're severely underestimating Tito's size/strength/power/stamina/stalking ability in relation to Cotto who deals with those things very poorly. Cotto doesn't like to be walked down and doesn't fight "fire with fire" (aka he doesn't like to trade bombs).

Look at the size difference between them:

Lopez_TrinidadFarina410NF01.jpg

felix-trinidad-miguel-cotto-2010-1-24-19-41-59.jpg

Look at Cotto's face in these last 2 pics....he's looking like at Tito's right hand like: ":merchant: what is @#SOG_soldier talkin bout....I wouldn't want this guy in his prime standing next to me:merchant:"

dcbce7996d293ca2f893295e7bbd4cb6.jpg

timthumb.php

No matter if it was 147, 154, or 160....Tito would destroy Cotto, because even though Cotto was more skillful all-around, Tito was GREAT at Cotto's weaknesses (Cotto's weaknesses were taking power punches, suspect stamina, smaller of size, average strength, average chin, tendency to get own his bike against a come forward stalker):manny:
Facts. Cotto would lose. But tito is still overated. Danny would ko him

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
One thing for certain is that Tito absolutely is overrated. Everyone should be able to admit that though his career absolutely has HOF credentials, it's absolutely funny in the light. Looked completely useless in his two prime losses and biggest "win".

When you're playing the hypothetical match-up game, can you even imagine Tito being competitive against someone with size, a good jab, and committed to movement?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
@Newzz
I hear you breh I promise I do.. Also you should run for politics because the way you're spinning this shyt :banderas:

But why go through those lengths when Andrade is saying hes interested in Lara only if he fights like he did against Vanes. The only logical reasoning he would've made that statement is because he believes Lara wont stand right there in the pocket for him... he believes Lara beats him or Lara makes him look very bad.. Lets not forget Lara whooped that ass for free already :sas2:

Last edited:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Skill wise he wasn't.

Nah.

His power was great also.

And power, strength, and confidence....confidence plays a lot into how an opponent approaches a fight. You're severely underestimating Tito's size/strength/power/stamina/stalking ability in relation to Cotto who deals with those things very poorly. Cotto doesn't like to be walked down and doesn't fight "fire with fire" (aka he doesn't like to trade bombs).

Look at the size difference between them:

Lopez_TrinidadFarina410NF01.jpg

felix-trinidad-miguel-cotto-2010-1-24-19-41-59.jpg

Look at Cotto's face in these last 2 pics....he's looking like at Tito's right hand like: ":merchant: what is @#SOG_soldier talkin bout....I wouldn't want this guy in his prime standing next to me:merchant:"

dcbce7996d293ca2f893295e7bbd4cb6.jpg

timthumb.php

No matter if it was 147, 154, or 160....Tito would destroy Cotto, because even though Cotto was more skillful all-around, Tito was GREAT at Cotto's weaknesses (Cotto's weaknesses were taking power punches, suspect stamina, smaller of size, average strength, average chin, tendency to get own his bike against a come forward stalker):manny:
:mjlol:Tito is looking like he's ready to come out with his own grill

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Facts. Cotto would lose. But tito is still overated. Danny would ko him

Tito's left hook is/was better :mjpls:. Oscar had an elite chin and Tito put him on that bike, I doubt Danny would bang with breh too long. I'd pick Tito possibly getting dropped early but stopping Danny mid- late rounds.:manny:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Danny's left hook ain't shyt compared to Tito's. Nice try getting @ChocolateGiddyUp in a stanning frenzy.

Look up the Mayorga fight, Mayorga had a +++chin and he invited Tito to tee off, after he ate one shyt went from :jawalrus: to :merchant:

Or the Vargas fight, Tito ruined Vargas.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Dann
Tito's left hook is/was better :mjpls:. Oscar had an elite chin and Tito put him on that bike, I doubt Danny would bang with breh too long. I'd pick Tito possibly getting dropped early but stopping Danny mid- late rounds.:manny:
Danny got an iron chin. He can take Tito's power, can we say the same for tito.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz
I hear you breh I promise I do.. Also you should run for politics because the way you're spinning this shyt :banderas:

But why go through those lengths when Andrade is saying hes interested in Lara only if he fights like he did against Vanes. The only logical reasoning he would've made that statement is because he believes Lara wont stand right there in the pocket... he believes Lara beats him or Lara makes him look very bad.. Lets not forget Lara whooped that ass for free already :sas2:

Lara was 24 and Andade was 19 when they fought in the amateurs....Lara won bc he landed 9 total punches to 4 total punches for Andrade over the course of 3, 3-minute rounds:comeon:

Obviously with the fact Lara only landed 9 punches in 9 minutes means he spent a majority of the time on his bike:sas2:

Secondly, why has Lara never responded to Andrade calling him out and talking about that amateur fight?:mjpls:

“First of all, when did Lara ever whoop Demetrius’ ass? Does Lara mean in the amateurs when he ran away from him for three rounds? Their five-year age difference was significant in the amateurs because Demetrius was still a teenager and, even then, Lara needed overseas judges to steal that decision. Lara landed something like nine total punches during the entire fight. If that’s an ass kicking, well, count us in!”

Farris also added that the fight between Lara and Andrade should be easy to make. “Only a few days ago,” Farris noted, “Lara mentioned that he was willing to fight Demetrius in the past for only $15,000. So, I’m sure HBO or Showtime will gladly accommodate his request.”

Andrade captured the vacant WBO title November 9, 2013 by way of a 12-round decision over previously unbeaten Vanes Martirosyan (33-0-1), the same fighter Lara struggled with in a nine-round draw. Andrade’s most recent fight was last June in his first title defense against mandatory challenger Brian Rose (25-1-1), in which Andrade looked sensational in a seventh-round knockout of the Brit.

Point-by-point, Andrade countered Lara’s erroneous allegations and unsubstantiated claims. “When was this imaginary fight offer two years ago on ESPN,” Andrade asked rhetorically. “You and I both know that never happened, Lara. I sure as hell never saw any offer to fight Lara on ESPN. Who have I fought? I only need to mention one name: I beat Vanes Martirosyan, the guy Lara couldn’t beat! Lara was lucky enough to get a draw because he RAN around the ring for the first half of the fight instead of fighting. But, hey, that’s what Lara does. Just ask ‘Canelo’ (Alvarez) and boxing fans who watched their fight.

“Lara said anytime, anywhere. How about April or May if he needs more time to hit the track and get extra laps in? One more thing, Lara, I have NEVER walked away from a signed contract. EVER! You probably never stopped running around long enough to even know that. The only contract I ever signed to fight Charlo was a month ago and Charlo declined. Lara said I signed a contract to fight Charlo before that. If he can show me an agreement that I signed to fight Charlo on December 13th, I promise to stop calling him out. Lara, you can run – everybody knows you do — but you can’t hide. We have unfinished business to take care of.”

Lara’s powerful adviser, Al Haymon, has a slew of television dates, including April 18 on Showtime in Carson, California. Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. faces Andrjej Fonfara in the main event but a co-main event hasn’t been announced.

“Lara will not be able to handle Demetrius’ size and strength,” Farris remarked, “and sooner or later Demetrius will catch him. The only time Lara stood and fought, he got his ass handed to him by (Alfredo) Angulo. The ONLY reason he got out of that fight alive is because Angulo suffered an eye injury at the end. Otherwise, Lara was headed to the canvas again for a third time and anyone that saw that fight knows it.”

Demetrius Andrade challenges Erislandy Lara - Boxing News

When's the last time Lara said he wanted to face Andrade though?:jbhmm: