Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't be worried about PBL's #'s tbh. It sounded like he had a shyt ton of fans in the seat (even though Verdejo was on the card too).

@yawn breh have you found out if #Beast is going to compete in Rio or what?

Artur Beterbiev Passes on Olympics, September Return Planned - Boxing News

:wtf:

This is a BULLshyt fight

Wilder fans, ya'll riding with this? :mindblown:

I fukks wit it

Ya'll said Wilder can't deal with pressure and that Arreola's specialty

Alabama fukks wit it too cause they done already sold over 2k tix

If he sells out the arena wit Arreola :umad:

Fight Thread on the way too :umad:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
#2, behind Cotto and he's the International champion
He ranked #1 by the WBC plus it's probably easier for him to get the Charlo fights than negotiating with Smith who would probably want it to be in Liverpool. Charlo is probably also a bigger challenge and more interesting fight for him. Plus if he beats one Charlo he can lure the other one into a fight right after. Other question that as we saw now maybe Jermall won't even wait that and rather go 160 from Julian Williams. :francis:

Liam Smith will be dethroned by either a quality mandatory challenger or by Canelo who has the drawing power to get that guy fighting in the US (if Canelo eve wants that fight...)

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Also somebody knows why the WBO is Arum's in house organization, how this formulated? Cause I only know that it is but don't know why. Does he pay them regularly or what? Seems like WBO let anything to do for Bob.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Bermane Stiverne Eager To Step in, Face Deontay Wilder - Boxing News

And unless they're giving away all of the tickets for free.... yes, spend money

In that article you posted, Stiverne is talking about how his Manager & Promoter don't even get along:

"There were really big differences of opinion between Don King and Camille, and my manager chose to leave the team. Don King is a person who likes to control. It is intimidating, but Camille can be like that as well, and I believe that Don King did not like it," Stiverne said. "I still get along very well with Camille and we speak every day." In June of last year, Stiverne signed a three year contract with Don King, although their relationship had been marked by a contractual dispute that was the subject of legal proceedings. - See more at: Bermane Stiverne Eager To Step in, Face Deontay Wilder - Boxing News

But they were supposed to get together & hash out a deal for "The Dehydrated One" to face Wilder with only 4-5 weeks to prepare when they (King/Camille) are not even dealing with each other right now? :dwillhuh:

Nah...that wasn't a real option breh:manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz I'm pretty sure you've seen this spar session with Porter/Mosley

First minute. If Shawn doesn't correct his mistakes he'll get knocked down or KO'ed

@Yuzo

What do you think about this matchup up?Haven't seen your thoughts on this

Mosley is staying in the pocket...Keith Thurman doesn't. He's not willing to exchange like Mosley is, so I can't see anything to take from the 1st minute.

Besides, I've seen footage of Thurman actually in the ring with Porter already...and he got on his bike and literally ran around the ring due to the pressure being applied to him as well as he was gassed.

June 25th is 9 days away. Truth will come to light then.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

Wow......

#rocboyz got em shook....eyes wet, blinking n stuttering.... :wow:

if crawford gets by postol..why not a burns-crawford rematch...they got belts...unification :myman:

I want Crawford to actually unify...same with all champs in divisions. but I don't think he staying at 140 too longer. read a min back that depending on the postol fight he only has 2, probably 1 fight left a 140.

but he has said that he wants m.garcia after he gets some tune ups so maybe he waits....maybe not.:yeshrug:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Mosley is staying in the pocket...Keith Thurman doesn't. He's not willing to exchange like Mosley is, so I can't see anything to take from the 1st minute.

Besides, I've seen footage of Thurman actually in the ring with Porter already...and he got on his bike and literally ran around the ring due to the pressure being applied to him as well as he was gassed.

June 25th is 9 days away. Truth will come to light then.

I can see Thurman standing in the pocket in spots not only to get Porters respect but to get his power shots off & let him know "I'm not afraid of you". I fully expect Thurman to move some & give angles to try to offset Porters rhythm.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

First minute. If Shawn doesn't correct his mistakes he'll get knocked down or KO'ed

@Yuzo

porter just comes in like a running back without a jab. so if he does that I could see keith getting some kds....maybe a ko.

I could see also see porter coming in and landing a body shot that might kd Thurman.

but I think if Thurman does ko porter, it will have to come in the first 4 rounds. Thurman tends to stick and move later on in the rounds. one big shot wont ko porter u gonna have to combo that breh imo.

if keith has got better with fighting on the inside he might stand n trade more but if not I expect stick n move boxing a lil more.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
porter just comes in like a running back without a jab. so if he does that I could see keith getting some kds....maybe a ko.

the one time he didn't do that all that much was against paulie...he utilized that jab pretty good especially with setting up that first KD of that fight

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

@Yuzo

I saw that and was totally shocked that Mosley caught him like that. Still has super fast hands I guess.

I think Porter sparring with Mosley will be HUGE for him.