Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
:jawalrus:
4 arguably 5 rounds against TBE with only one good shoulder

How but you tell Mr. 7468 ametuer fights to stop ducking the fade from Rigondeaux and Walters :umad:

Then maybe we can overlook him taking an L to Orlando Salido

He went and beat the man who beat Salido instead of having a fight nobody wanted to see 2x let alone 3. :dame:

And we running that back :banderas: you know having a rematch with the guy who beat you like a Floyd or a Marquez :jawalrus:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Crisco looks high and swole..

deontay-wilder%20(4)_1.jpg

:wtf:

This is a BULLshyt fight

Wilder fans, ya'll riding with this? :mindblown:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
:wtf:

This is a BULLshyt fight

Wilder fans, ya'll riding with this? :mindblown:

Wilder would be fighting Povetkin, but the eurocac had to take some peds instead. :yeshrug:

can't be mad, we all know arreola doesn't have a chance, but it's a last minute fight.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Daps
Wilder would be fighting Povetkin instead, but the eurocac had to take some peds instead. :yeshrug:

can't be mad, we all know arreola doesn't have a chance, but it's a last minute fight.:yeshrug:
Last minute? This is the heavyweight division, it's not like guys gotta make weight :comeon:

The fight is one month away. It's not that last minute to be honest since they've been negotiating for about 2 weeks now.

Besides, this is your job, you have to be professional and stay in shape. Arreola ain't in shape even when he has ample time to prepare :what:

Arreola wasn't even ranked when they were negotiating this fight, so the rankings don't even matter at this point as a "well they needed a ranked guy" argument

Give me a good reason this fight exists. Give me a reason anybody should spend money on it?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Last minute? This is the heavyweight division, it's not like guys gotta make weight :comeon:

The fight is one month away. It's not that last minute to be honest since they've been negotiating for about 2 weeks now.

Besides, this is your job, you have to be professional and stay in shape. Arreola ain't in shape even when he has ample time to prepare :what:

Arreola wasn't even ranked when they were negotiating this fight, so the rankings don't even matter at this point as a "well they needed a ranked guy" argument

Give me a good reason this fight exists. Give me a reason anybody should spend money on it?

Who's spending money on it...it's coming on cable:dahell:

Secondly, you tell us who was ready & available to fight Wilder then? Because I have yet to see, read, or hear 1 heavyweight come out and say they wanted to fight Wilder on 4 weeks notice.

Also, it's not about making weight...it's about being in fighting condition. Who's jumping off the couch to take on Wilder in a 12 rounder knowing he's been in camp for MONTHS and is in peak conditioning right now?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Ricky Burns Eager For Revenge Fights With Crawford, Zlaticanin

By Edward Chaykovsky

WBA world super lightweight champion Ricky Burns is eager to get some payback against Terence Crawford and Dejan Zlaticanin.

Two years ago when he was still competing at 135-pounds, Burns lost back to back fights to Crawford (28-0, 20KOs) and to Zlaticanin (22-0, 15KOs) - both by twelve round decision.

A few weeks ago, Burns (40-5-1, 14KOs) stopped Michele di Rocco to become the first Scottish boxer to capture world titles in three different weight divisions.

001_Ricky_Burns%20%28720x480%29_2.jpg

Which way will Burns go? It all depends on the weight division. Burns is happy to remain at 140-pounds and he's open to making a unification rematch with Crawford, who holds the WBO belt. Crawford returns next month in a unification of his own when he takes on WBC champion Viktor Postol on July 23rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Burns says he is still fully capable of dropping back to the lightweight limit of 135-pounds with Zlaticanin. According to Burns, his first defense of the WBA title will take place on a date in September or October in Glasgow.

Burns exclusively told Sky Sports: "If I'm staying at super-lightweight, then the biggest name is Terence Crawford. I fancy him to get the job done in the unification fight against Viktor Postol. What a fight that would be. If I'm going to go back to lightweight then it'd be the rematch with Zlaticanin.

"I said before the Di Rocco fight that if I won, it would open up so many more options for me at both weights so we'll wait and see what they come up with. After watching Zlaticanin win, I was straight on the phone to my management team to ask if they'd seen it and telling them to get on the phone to Eddie and seeing what the chances of making that fight would be. I'd love to fight him again. It would be a totally different outcome but fair play to him - he's got a couple of big wins and he's got that world title. I'd be more than happy to fight him again."

"Crawford is another name to mention. He's got a unification fight coming up against Postol. Eddie also mentioned Adrien Broner after the Di Rocco fight but I think he's moved back up to welterweight, which would be one step up too far for me."

if crawford gets by postol..why not a burns-crawford rematch...they got belts...unification :myman:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
if crawford gets by postol..why not a burns-crawford rematch...they got belts...unification :myman:

Both of them would get him again
But he has a belt so I wouldn't even be mad at Crawford if he beats him again after he gets through Postol (which is not sure at all but imo he will). After that he would only have to beat Troyanovski to be undisputed :wow:

SuikodenII

Daps
Who's spending money on it...it's coming on cable:dahell:

Secondly, you tell us who was ready & available to fight Wilder then? Because I have yet to see, read, or hear 1 heavyweight come out and say they wanted to fight Wilder on 4 weeks notice.

Also, it's not about making weight...it's about being in fighting condition. Who's jumping off the couch to take on Wilder in a 12 rounder knowing he's been in camp for MONTHS and is in peak conditioning right now?
Bermane Stiverne Eager To Step in, Face Deontay Wilder - Boxing News

And unless they're giving away all of the tickets for free.... yes, spend money