Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
just by watching your gifs and practicing your theories mixed with a good coach I have, I did well in sparring today. No video was allowed. People were looking at me like I was a beast in there lol. I did well by confusing my opponent with the head movement, feint and trap setting. Is there any way you can give me some drills and vids or pointers as far as excellent footwork breh ?

Thx @Yuzo
Breh Yuzo is the goat. His GIFs and explanations are so simple, but so on point. Got me to understand how to punch correctly, krack how to pull counter, and you to whoop on your sparring partners.

Yuzo da goat :blessed:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
So yeah, my job put thecoli.com on the restricted list at work...now I can only post from my phone during the day til I get off:martin:

Smh:snoop:

***update***

Just got thecoli.com back off the restricted list....that's why it pays to talk about random stuff with the nerds in IT:banderas:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
So yeah, my job put thecoli.com on the restricted list at work...now I can only post from my phone during the day til I get off:martin:

Smh:snoop:

***update***

Just got thecoli.com back off the restricted list....that's why it pays to talk about random stuff with the nerds in IT:banderas:
:whew:

Jesus man that's like slipping a Duran right-cross left hook combo.

My company tried to put it on the restricted list once, got that off quick AF.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Now....I can post what I've been waiting hours to post.

@ChocolateGiddyUp tell your boy to make it happen then:ufdup:

"[I want the best fights]. We can make the Adrien Broner fight happen. That's a fight...that's something the fans always wanted, because me and Broner, out of the pack, we made the longest stretch of being the most relevant boxers. The Broner fight would be a good pay-per-view fight", Garcia said to Fox Deportes

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Now....I can post what I've been waiting hours to post.

@ChocolateGiddyUp tell your boy to make it happen then:ufdup:

"[I want the best fights]. We can make the Adrien Broner fight happen. That's a fight...that's something the fans always wanted, because me and Broner, out of the pack, we made the longest stretch of being the most relevant boxers. The Broner fight would be a good pay-per-view fight", Garcia said to Fox Deportes

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

Tell your boy pick a division N get ranked

Winning Vacant WBC we gotta fight mandos... #1 is Khan N he sleep #2 is Berto

AB ain't even on the list :manny:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Boxing Voice has some good behind the scenes coverage on Lubin if y'all wanna check it out.

Andrade gonna have that WBC belt he looking for.:patrice:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Tell your boy pick a division N get ranked

Winning Vacant WBC we gotta fight mandos... #1 is Khan N he sleep #2 is Berto

AB ain't even on the list :manny:

You right.

Haymon gonna have to pull some strings & get Charles Manyuchi in the ring with AB asap. That way, AB jumps the line and takes Manyuchi's #4 spot in the WBC rankings.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Isn't Garcia gonna fight Berto then the winner of Thurman/Porter?

Providing the winner of Thurman/Porter doesn't take another fukking year lay off

Danny Garcia probably sees fighting AB as much bigger money than facing the winner of Thurman/Porter (especially if it's Porter), so I can see him willing to try and get that huge payday while still in the middle of his prime.

Choc was right. Bc Swift won the vacant belt, he has no choice BUT to fight 2 mandatories back to back (Khan not available, so it's gonna be Berto 1st. And then if Khan cant go again, it will be the highest ranked WBC contender available for his 2nd defense).

Then, it will be open season for Swift to choose whoever who wants to face. AB on PPV, Brook, or the winner of Porter/Thurman:manny:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
So you still think AB doesn't make easy work of him when John Molina took him to Boxing school? Or nah:smugbiden:
Sorry for the delay, wasn't ducking. Busy weekend so I didn't want to come to the ring until I had a chance to work through all the HBO and Showtime fights.
Just watched Loma fight last night. :wow: Dude would have beaten Rigo if they decided to match up IMO. Would love to see Loma test his defensive skills against a bigger fighter and puncher - Walters...but HBO gonna not let us see that one. :francis: And since I DVR'd it I actually fast forwarded through some of Andrade-Nelson to watch Prov-Molina. Andrade was dominating and Nelson was :trash:. It was an odd fight. Andrade was fighting a very fan friendly style, yet because Nelson had nothing, it was the most exciting, but not-exciting fight at the same time. It was getting late, so I wanted to see Molina and Prov use their faces as defense. :heh:

I always said Broner should beat Prov...my point is that Broner is a headcase and you never know what you are going to get. His motivation is sketchy and he has the legal distractions now...when he struggles on a normal basis to stay in shape and train properly. My whole point was that Prov has arguably the best chin in boxing (the Molina fight was both :whoo: and :scust: at the same time. He took amazing flush shots from a much larger opponent, who we know can punch and kept smiling and coming forward. Yet he shouldn't have been taking those punches either.) and fights on the inside and very determined. Broner doesn't usually display as good of footwork as he should and his out of the ring practices have been a joke. If he came into the fight compromised, then fighting Prov is a bad matchup. Not that I guarantee Prov would win, but that Broner has a weakness when he isn't focused in fighting guys who smother him and force him to fight back to protect himself. Of course Porter and Maidana are better fighters than Prov, but they continue to show Broner's biggest weaknesses IMO. I will agree though, the more we see of Prov, he can't make any adjustments and he would be fighting an uphill battle vs. Broner. I guess in short my whole point is if Broner hasn't gone through camp and gotten himself in proper condition, an in your face fighter who won't back down is a tough matchup for him.

The issue to me isn't if Prov is a C level fighter or Molina/Prov/Broner comparisons...the issue to me and always will be Broner himself. Dude needs to get his shyt together or else he will always have questions surrounding what kind of performance he will give because you just never now. When I first started posting here I was a Broner fan. I was getting back into boxing and loved his swag and was started to get on his bandwagon a bit. As time went on I realized it isn't really swag with Broner, it is just dumbassery. Personally I can't take anything Broner seriously or feel secure in anything Broner does inside or outside the ring because he hasn't proven he is capable of handling his business like that. Broner's talent and career is in his own hands. He has skills to go a long way, but in boxing if you aren't 100% committed and focused fights can be a lot more difficult and not go your way real fast.

Love having the discussions breh, and with Broner being your number one, there will never be a dull moment around here. :salute:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Sorry for the delay, wasn't ducking. Busy weekend so I didn't want to come to the ring until I had a chance to work through all the HBO and Showtime fights.
Just watched Loma fight last night. :wow: Dude would have beaten Rigo if they decided to match up IMO. Would love to see Loma test his defensive skills against a bigger fighter and puncher - Walters...but HBO gonna not let us see that one. :francis: And since I DVR'd it I actually fast forwarded through some of Andrade-Nelson to watch Prov-Molina. Andrade was dominating and Nelson was :trash:. It was an odd fight. Andrade was fighting a very fan friendly style, yet because Nelson had nothing, it was the most exciting, but not-exciting fight at the same time. It was getting late, so I wanted to see Molina and Prov use their faces as defense. :heh:

I always said Broner should beat Prov...my point is that Broner is a headcase and you never know what you are going to get. His motivation is sketchy and he has the legal distractions now...when he struggles on a normal basis to stay in shape and train properly. My whole point was that Prov has arguably the best chin in boxing (the Molina fight was both :whoo: and :scust: at the same time. He took amazing flush shots from a much larger opponent, who we know can punch and kept smiling and coming forward. Yet he shouldn't have been taking those punches either.) and fights on the inside and very determined. Broner doesn't usually display as good of footwork as he should and his out of the ring practices have been a joke. If he came into the fight compromised, then fighting Prov is a bad matchup. Not that I guarantee Prov would win, but that Broner has a weakness when he isn't focused in fighting guys who smother him and force him to fight back to protect himself. Of course Porter and Maidana are better fighters than Prov, but they continue to show Broner's biggest weaknesses IMO. I will agree though, the more we see of Prov, he can't make any adjustments and he would be fighting an uphill battle vs. Broner. I guess in short my whole point is if Broner hasn't gone through camp and gotten himself in proper condition, an in your face fighter who won't back down is a tough matchup for him.

The issue to me isn't if Prov is a C level fighter or Molina/Prov/Broner comparisons...the issue to me and always will be Broner himself. Dude needs to get his shyt together or else he will always have questions surrounding what kind of performance he will give because you just never now. When I first started posting here I was a Broner fan. I was getting back into boxing and loved his swag and was started to get on his bandwagon a bit. As time went on I realized it isn't really swag with Broner, it is just dumbassery. Personally I can't take anything Broner seriously or feel secure in anything Broner does inside or outside the ring because he hasn't proven he is capable of handling his business like that. Broner's talent and career is in his own hands. He has skills to go a long way, but in boxing if you aren't 100% committed and focused fights can be a lot more difficult and not go your way real fast.

Love having the discussions breh, and with Broner being your number one, there will never be a dull moment around here. :salute:

I agree and cant fault yall for having this stance:manny:

Andrade totally dominated Nelson and put himself firmly in the, at WORST, #2 spot at 154 imo & Provodnikov needs to try and link up with Robert Garcia imo. I think they'd be really good together at 140.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Isn't Garcia gonna fight Berto then the winner of Thurman/Porter?

Providing the winner of Thurman/Porter doesn't take another fukking year lay off

Thats the plan...N unification should let Swift avoid the 2nd Mando

I have a hard time believing Khan is going to fight Swift right after Canelo slumped him without testing his body N chin dropping back down to 147 first