Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Aside from the low blows, he also took a lot of clean head shots from Salido. For a fighter with his pedigree, that's not something you'd expect. Chances are Salido might just have his number and you can't blame him for having that extra confidence.

I'm in the cut bookmarking post right now for when the rematch happens. :smugfavre:

Loma is going to bully him.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
That's one of the reasons I started to call him pretty boy.... Floyd creates a lot of stuff with the opposite pull back motion.

its a feint and a slipping motion.

its a feint because it makes your back shoulder move.

nZ3OPi8P.gif

when your right hand is starting to come out your back shoulder moves in the same way so whenever you show this feint you create an image that your right hand is starting to come out.

S0nZNZ3a.gif

buWJJlWJ.gif

and its a slipping motion because it makes your head move.

Go6I8yUp.gif

makes your head hard to pin point on the way in so you dont walk head first into punches when you come forward.

JEn3XXIW.gif

NZWkD62k.gif

but the main thing is that by being a slipping motion your head isnt just harder to pin point there are many different counters you can throw using the same motion too so just by showing it you can make guys very tentative to throw any punches from a fear of being countered. thats why aggressive boxers come in with head movement.

Aside from the low blows, he also took a lot of clean head shots from Salido. For a fighter with his pedigree, that's not something you'd expect. Chances are Salido might just have his number and you can't blame him for having that extra confidence.

yeah and i think he was tentative too. he really needs to maintain a nice workrate for his style to work the way he wants it to. but i dont think he wanted to be dragged into a war against a guy that is always ready to take a shot to give a shot and he was holding a lot which decreased his workrate even more. really bad style. but its one you are going to see much more in the pros.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
pbc on espn was supposed to be a substitute for FNF breh..the fights are along the lines of that...the july 9th card though is going to get slaughtered in the ratings by wlad/fury 2 though..wait wlad/fury 2 will prolly be on in the afternoon so there wont be no headto head

UFC 200 is July 9th. NOBODY will be watching ESPN boxing with no-names.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
its a feint and a slipping motion.

its a feint because it makes your back shoulder move.

nZ3OPi8P.gif

when your right hand is starting to come out your back shoulder moves in the same way so whenever you show this feint you create an image that your right hand is starting to come out.

S0nZNZ3a.gif

buWJJlWJ.gif

and its a slipping motion because it makes your head move.

Go6I8yUp.gif

makes your head hard to pin point on the way in so you dont walk head first into punches when you come forward.

JEn3XXIW.gif

NZWkD62k.gif

but the main thing is that by being a slipping motion your head isnt just harder to pin point there are many different counters you can throw using the same motion too so just by showing it you can make guys very tentative to throw any punches from a fear of being countered. thats why aggressive boxers come in with head movement.

yeah and i think he was tentative too. he really needs to maintain a nice workrate for his style to work the way he wants it to. but i dont think he wanted to be dragged into a war against a guy that is always ready to take a shot to give a shot and he was holding a lot which decreased his workrate even more. really bad style. but its one you are going to see much more in the pros.

just by watching your gifs and practicing your theories mixed with a good coach I have, I did well in sparring today. No video was allowed. People were looking at me like I was a beast in there lol. I did well by confusing my opponent with the head movement, feint and trap setting. Is there any way you can give me some drills and vids or pointers as far as excellent footwork breh ?

Thx @Yuzo