Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Honestly that's more a huge W for the plaintiff than it is a huge L for cinammon. That's Jo Jo Dans first fight at caneloweight PPV money to him.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I think i am starting to see how/why yall go at the necks of these boxing "journalist" and analyst over how they pick and choose who they want to prop up and anoint :mjpls:

Loma was great Saturday night, real impressive, yet you already see how the HBO wheels are spinning and the machine beginning to get behind him and prop em up as the beat pfp fighter by the end lf the year. Just wait and watch :mjpls:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I think i am starting to see how/why yall go at the necks of these boxing "journalist" and analyst over how they pick and choose who they want to prop up and anoint :mjpls:

Loma was great Saturday night, real impressive, yet you already see how the HBO wheels are spinning and the machine beginning to get behind him and prop em up as the beat pfp fighter by the end lf the year. Just wait and watch :mjpls:
TBF they're doing the same shyt with Crawford.

I like how when Lampley and RJJ were discussing their p4p Roy was like "yea I can't put PBL ahead of Ward, ward will remain my #1 p4p" then lampley "Ahh yes and Andre Ward is ranked #5 on the Fight Games p4p list"

Straight embarrassing

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I like how when Lampley and RJJ were discussing their p4p Roy was like "yea I can't put PBL ahead of Ward, ward will remain my #1 p4p" then lampley "Ahh yes and Andre Ward is ranked #5 on the Fight Games p4p list"

Straight embarrassing
lol i caught that
tried to look up his list afterwards
no way theres 4 fighters ahead of ward

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Straight embarrassing
Golovkin is HBO's nr1 right now, after him there's Kovalev, Loma and Crawford

I wouldn't put Loma in P4P top 10 yet. I formulate my p4p lists mainly based on resumes not eye tests and based on the resumes he isn't P4P top 10

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

I'm a PBL stan but just look at the difference in commentary in his fights vs how they would talk about Floyd when they were pretty much doing the same shyt outclassing the opponent to a UD win

Floyd :ld::russell::beli:

PBL :ohlawd::whew::blessed:

Dat bias :francis:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm a PBL stan but just look at the difference in commentary in his fights vs how they would talk about Floyd when they were pretty much doing the same shyt outclassing the opponent to a UD win

Floyd :ld::russell::beli:

PBL :ohlawd::whew::blessed:

Dat bias :francis:

Too be honest though, I haven't seen Floyd look as good as Loma did last weekend in a hot minute, but I feel where you coming from.

You could prolly say that was Loma's version of Floyd's Gatti performance.

shyt was perfect.....powershots, counters, leads, body shots, shifting, damn everything you can ask for and he scored a KO of the year candidate too.

Rigo be doing the same shyt, but for some reason Loma just makes it look more entertaining (to me) :manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Too be honest though, I haven't seen Floyd look as good as Loma did last weekend in a hot minute, but I feel where you coming from.

shyt was perfect.....powershots, counters, leads, body shots, shifting, damn everything you can ask for and he scored a KO of the year candidate too.

Rigo be doing the same shyt, but for some reason Loma just makes it look more entertaining (to me) :manny:

Floyd was also not a 2x Champion over 2 different divisions after only 7 professional fights either.

Loma is much deserving of the hype he's receiving right now.

Also, skill wise, yes...Lomachenko is Top 5 in the game Pound 4 Pound right now. I actually have him 3rd after Andre Ward & Guillermo Rigondeaux off of strictly talent skill level

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

Speaking of Rigo (and Ward), does Roc Nation not care in trying to force feed us them and market them to casual fans? I just find it bad that Ward doesnt have a notable tune up already penciled in for next month

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

He does that stuff every fight though he just got the ko this time but he isn't a KO type of guy. We expect him to go out there show us some pretty shyt and get the UD no different than what Floyd was doing (although Floyd was doing it against higher level comp) but yeah their reactions were no where near the same and Floyd was the one actually bringing in ppv money :francis:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Speaking of Rigo (and Ward), does Roc Nation not care in trying to force feed us them and market them to casual fans? I just find it bad that Ward doesnt have a notable tune up already penciled in for next month

:sadrigo: will be fighting July 16th against Jazza dikkens

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
He does that stuff every fight though he just got the ko this time but he isn't a KO type of guy. We expect him to go out there show us some pretty shyt and get the UD no different than what Floyd was doing (although Floyd was doing it against higher level comp) but yeah their reactions were no where near the same and Floyd was the one actually bringing in ppv money :francis:

Floyd didn't start bringing in PPV money until about 2006 though breh...a whole 10 years into his career.

HBO hyped the hell outta Floyd when he was starting off just like they do all their fighters. Up until he turned down the opp they wanted him to face (Margarito), they was definitely cheerleading for him. Even showing him in main events from empty arenas:wow:

Loma doesn't turn down any opponents, it seems, so they wont have to make that U-turn on him......yet.