Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
What's the general opinion here on Ward vs Kovalev

And overall do you think these Eastern Euro fighters took over or will take over the sport or no?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
What's the general opinion here on Ward vs Kovalev

And overall do you think these Eastern Euro fighters took over or will take over the sport or no?
Ward>>>>KKKov

Master boxer>good boxer with ++ power

Ward settling in at 175 is the worst thing for kkkov, he'll be rough housing him around the ring and make sure the fight is fought at close quarters. JDJ says Ward has 3 flaws they can exploit, but Kov has 5x that Ward can exploit. I predict he won't give Kov enough room to get his power shots off (Kkkov can box but once it gets in close quarters? nah), and will start frustrating him by the 5th round. Ward UD although kov has a punchers chance, if he can catch Ward dipping in with the high guard and open for the uppercut.

@Yuzo you got a breakdown for us breh? @krackdagawd any krackubox?

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ward>>>>KKKov

Master boxer>good boxer with ++ power

Ward settling in at 175 is the worst thing for kkkov, he'll be rough housing him around the ring and make sure the fight is fought at close quarters. JDJ says Ward has 3 flaws they can exploit, but Kov has 5x that Ward can exploit. I predict he won't give Kov enough room to get his power shots off (Kkkov can box but once it gets in close quarters? nah), and will start frustrating him by the 5th round. Ward UD although kov has a punchers chance, if he can catch Ward dipping in with the high guard and open for the uppercut.
Ward will have a harder job than ever with roughhousing Kovalev but otherwise I pretty much agree. Kvalev is probably his most dangerous opponent up to date but Ward is no stranger to hard opponents and I think Kovalev only has the size and power advantage over Ward and I doN't know about the chin that's maybe about equal but other than that Ward is better in everything. Faster, more well.-rounded, better inside fighter, better outside boxer, better defense, have more ring IQ.

Kovalev is really good but we still didn't see what happens if he is forced to switch plan B and adapt to a situation because nobody forced hi to do so so far. Now, don't get me wrong he is a good boxer but Ward is more skilled and better in pure boxing and if he doesn't let Kovalev to do what he always does I think Kovalev would likely can't adapt to the situation.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I also think Kkkov's aggressive style will play right into Ward's hands. If you watch the first Pascal fight, where he was eating power shots the first 2 rounds and then started timing and stunning kov, he fell for a trap by a guy that's not even a good boxer.

Kkkov also like to stay on the front too long trying to get hit shot off. Seeing as how Ward has equal power in both hands, I think that will lead to a lot of kkkov getting countered with jabs to the body and left hooks. For as good as his feet are, Ward is just much better.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I also think Kkkov's aggressive style will play right into Ward's hands. If you watch the first Pascal fight, where he was eating power shots the first 2 rounds and then started timing and stunning kov, he fell for a trap by a guy that's not even a good boxer.

Kkkov also like to stay on the front too long trying to get hit shot off. Seeing as how Ward has equal power in both hands, I think that will lead to a lot of kkkov getting countered with jabs to the body and left hooks. For as good as his feet are, Ward is just much better.

very true, that's probably the most obvious mistake in his game and it makes him vulnerable to counters. Just usually his opponents doesn't dare to counter but back down immediately which plays on Kovlev's hand

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
The fight against "Bundwho?" is the fight where Thurman was getting booed in the 2nd half of the fight due to him getting on his bike so heavily. I believe, iirc correctly, that's when the whole Keith "Run Time" Thurman name came from via Ruben Guerrero:heh:

Bundu was switching between stances all schizo like & running himself bruh