Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Loma out here calling people's bluffs who feel they could beat him like he's on the coli betting coli cash to anybody who disagrees:dead:

Nicholas Walters/Roman Martinez: "Come get this work Loma:ufdup: Patscorpio told me about what Salido did...it's my turn now:demonic:"

Loma: "Oh really?:sas1: Let's put money on it then....since you're feeling confident:smugbiden: How about whoever loses has to pay the other $300k?:sas1: Im willing to put my money up, are you?:sas1:"

Nicholas Walters/Roman Martinez: ":whoa: Why you gotta be so drastic?:why:"

Loma: "Thought so:sas2:"

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
On Ward vs Kov

Can someone explain the logic to me...

If official this is hands down the biggest fight of the year.

Why the fukk is Kov fighting in Russia when we know the fight will be in Vegas and at worst in Oakland...

Add to that, his fight is airing on a fukkin Monday...really? That's how you build a fight that's taking place at the end of the year? Maybe I'm reaching but from a promo perspective it makes NO sense for either side. Kov already has his countrymen behind him.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
On Ward vs Kov

Why the fukk is Kov fighting in Russia when we know the fight will be in Vegas and at worst in Oakland...

Add to that, his fight is airing on a fukkin Monday...really? That's how you build a fight that's taking place at the end of the year? Maybe I'm reaching but from a promo perspective it makes NO sense for either side. Kov already has his countrymen behind him.

the fight with chilemba is a mandatory..fighting in russia may just be a preference...i have no idea why they are fighting on a monday though lol

im sure ward-kovalev wont be in oakland though..i think that was stipulated

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
On Ward vs Kov

Kovalev already had negotiated a fight for his home country (the time difference is why we get it on a Monday). This fight was meant more as a tune up. Call it a benefit of being an HBO house fighter. Looks like Ward may be close to securing a home town tune up in Oakland.

And the contract states the fight between Ward and Kovalev cannot be in Oakland or Russia. Word was NY or Vegas were most likely and it sounds like now Vegas is going to be the landing spot.

I agree though that the build up hasn't been that great. But the fight is still a ways off, so hopefully it ramps up. However it is Ward and Kovalev, it was never going to be a huge PPV. Sounded like HBO was hoping for modest numbers, but I still think they may be overestimating what the fight will do. It is a great fight for us die hards...not sure the casuals have much interest...they seem to be more interested in Canelo-GGG right now.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
if they lose best case scenario..GB has to pay up..worst case scenario, canelo's contract gets reverted back to his old management
Canelo is a business now, so he should come out fine as far as being able to sell his fights and remaining on the career trajectory.
But if the plaintiff wins, someone's pocketbooks are going to take a monster hit. Is Canelo liable for any of the damages or is it all on GB?

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Brehs.....:dead:

:russ::mjlol:

:deadrose:

:deadmanny:

i-see-dead-people26.jpg

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
And the contract states the fight between Ward and Kovalev cannot be in Oakland or Russia. Word was NY or Vegas were most likely and it sounds like now Vegas is going to be the landing spot.

I agree though that the build up hasn't been that great. But the fight is still a ways off, so hopefully it ramps up. However it is Ward and Kovalev, it was never going to be a huge PPV. Sounded like HBO was hoping for modest numbers, but I still think they may be overestimating what the fight will do. It is a great fight for us die hards...not sure the casuals have much interest...they seem to be more interested in Canelo-GGG right now.

I didn't know about NY or Vegas but I remember watching a FH vid with Ward walking around the TMobile MGM joint before Canelo/Khan saying he wants to fight there.

And casuals have absolutely no idea who Kov is and his coming fight won't help that. But maybe HBO will amp it up after they finish their tune ups like you said.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Canelo is a business now, so he should come out fine as far as being able to sell his fights and remaining on the career trajectory.
But if the plaintiff wins, someone's pocketbooks are going to take a monster hit. Is Canelo liable for any of the damages or is it all on GB?

I don't know...thats a good question :patrice:

Any ring breh thats involved in Law feel free to shed light on this situation