Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
i dont know about the worn down part..he looked how he usually does in his last fight below

i mentioned in the prov-molina thread how i was surprised he hasn't shown any type of slippage yet...molina may or may not answer that question...ruslan is flawed but still very dangerous

I largely agree. Prov may be on a slow decline, but I haven't seen a lot of slippage. Dude is just a limited fighter. A guy who can move Prov around the ring and reset his feet can take away most of what Prov does, but that really isn't AB's style.

AB can crack, but not well enough to stand in the pocket and trade with Prov. Prov ate Matthysse's punches like :jawalrus: and kept coming forward, then after the fight said he was the hardest puncher he had ever faced. :merchant:

I agree that Prov needs to take a Maidana fight plan and attack Broner, because Broner is vulnerable to being rushed because he often doesn't use his feet to escape around the ring.

My biggest thing is still Broner's mindset. A focused Broner should beat a lower class opponent like Prov and can compete with just about anyone. But Broner has serious lapses in how he prepares for fights and when he takes things seriously. If he comes into the fight unprepared, Prov is not a good guy to do that against because he is tough a shyt and seems to give everyone a physical fight.

Good fight though. Hope it happens.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I largely agree. Prov may be on a slow decline, but I haven't seen a lot of slippage. Dude is just a limited fighter. A guy who can move Prov around the ring and reset his feet can take away most of what Prov does, but that really isn't AB's style.

AB can crack, but not well enough to stand in the pocket and trade with Prov. Prov ate Matthysse's punches like :jawalrus: and kept coming forward, then after the fight said he was the hardest puncher he had ever faced. :merchant:

But, who has Prov faced with power outside of Matthysse to compare it against? Bradley? Algieri?:mjpls:

Of course he would easily be the hardest puncher he ever faced:manny:

Provodnikov hasn't ever faced a fighter with the offensive skill set of Adrien Broner (who brings hand speed, punching accuracy, and punching power to the table) and is too slow, and self-admitted that he cant deal with movement:wow:

I agree that Prov needs to take a Maidana fight plan and attack Broner, because Broner is vulnerable to being rushed because he often doesn't use his feet to escape around the ring.

My biggest thing is still Broner's mindset. A focused Broner should beat a lower class opponent like Prov and can compete with just about anyone. But Broner has serious lapses in how he prepares for fights and when he takes things seriously. If he comes into the fight unprepared, Prov is not a good guy to do that against because he is tough a shyt and seems to give everyone a physical fight.

Good fight though. Hope it happens.

Prov isn't Maidana, doesn't have Robert Garcia & Alex Ariza in his corner (or smelling salts:mjpls:), and doesn't hit as hard as Maidana either.

Yall can continue to prop up Ruslan Provodnikov, which I will accept because Im gonna be on some :smugbiden::myman: stuff when AB wins due to that, but at the end of the day....his best W is "Literally Mile High" Mike Alvardo who we don't know if he was on one of his drug binges while in training camp.

AB puts hands on this boy like Bradley was supposed to the 1st time:aboutbillions:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
But, who has Prov faced with power outside of Matthysse to compare it against? Bradley? Algieri?:mjpls:

Provodnikov hasn't ever faced a fighter with the offensive skill set of Adrien Broner (who brings hand speed, punching accuracy, and punching power to the table) and is too slow, and self-admitted that he cant deal with movement:wow:

alot of fighters have said lucas can punch and is the hardest they ever faced...i haven't heard of one fighter that said broner hit them the hardest

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

Prov isn't Maidana, doesn't have Robert Garcia & Alex Ariza in his corner (or smelling salts:mjpls:), and doesn't hit as hard as Maidana either.

Yall can continue to prop up Ruslan Provodnikov, which I will accept because Im gonna be on some :smugbiden::myman: stuff when AB wins due to that, but at the end of the day....his best W is "Literally Mile High" Mike Alvardo who we don't know if he was on one of his drug binges while in training camp.

AB puts hands on this boy like Bradley was supposed to the 1st time:aboutbillions:
Notice though that I do think Broner is more talented, just that the x factor for Broner always has been his mental makeup. The way Broner performs often has a lot to do with how seriously he takes a fight and he has given us plenty of reasons to question that.

Like I said a focused Broner should win and out class Prov. But Broner coming in assuming Prov is easy work and coming off a bad camp, struggling with weight, worry about legal issues, or whatever else could cause him to be at less than full capacity...that is what makes a Prov fight so interesting to me. If Broner isnt sharp, Prov is a bad opponent IMO.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
We acting like Matthysse doesn't have 1 punch put you to sleep power?? :dahell:

Matthysse hit Provodnikov with errything but the kitchen sink N dude kept coming

Lucas was :shaq2::merchant::whoa:
I think Postol was only like the 3rd opponent in Matthysse's career that he hadn't knocked down.
Matthysse is limited himself, but to basically knock down your opponent in every fight, regardless of wins and losses is impressive.

I agree, the Prov fight was :merchant:. Matthysse bombed Prov's face clean all night and Prov kept coming forward. When Prov hurt Matthysse, Lucas got shook.

The way to hurting Prov I think is more through his body. That is where Bradley ended up hurting him. At this point, I have never seen Prov flinch once at a head shot.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
alot of fighters have said lucas can punch and is the hardest they ever faced...i haven't heard of one fighter that said broner hit them the hardest

It's not about who hits the hardest...it's about how you are hit.

Matthysse could hit him with 1000 punches, but if Prov sees them all coming, he can brace himself for the impact. AB's power isn't Matthysse's level, we know that, but his speed and accuracy is much higher. If he catches Prov coming in with something he doesn't see, it can effect Prov.

i.e. Kell Brook is much bigger, stronger, and powerful than AB and landed MUCH more on Porter.....but yet AB is the only person to ever drop Shawn Porter in a fight:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
We acting like Matthysse doesn't have 1 punch put you to sleep power?? :dahell:

Matthysse hit Provodnikov with errything but the kitchen sink N dude kept coming

Lucas was :shaq2::merchant::whoa:

He has "1 punch put you to sleep power", but yet he couldn't KO Zab Judah who has a weak chin?:jbhmm:

He really doesn't have THAT type of power, but he has good power. If he had what you're saying, Judah, Alexander, Postol, Garcia, Provodnikov, Molina Jr....at least one of em would've went to sleep.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
broner vs prov is a very good fight if it can be made
prov just been living off that tim bradley fight
hes really not that good if you break it down, i mean he had trouble with chris algeri (although i had him winning the fight)
broner needs someone like prov who is strong, has a good chin, and is going to continiously come forward
prov is like a poor man's madiana tho
broner should school him

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
broner vs prov is a very good fight if it can be made
prov just been living off that tim bradley fight
hes really not that good if you break it down, i mean he had trouble with chris algeri (although i had him winning the fight)
broner needs someone like prov who is strong, has a good chin, and is going to continiously come forward
prov is like a poor man's madiana tho
broner should school him

Yes he should. It should be target practice for him.