Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I recently rematched the floyd vs judah and cotto vs judah and Judah is so frustrating. He shoulda been so much better. Not a star or anything, but a solid fighter. His dad is/was such an annoying too between rounds
Zab Judah is a future hall of famer:skip:

How much better was he supposed to be? :childplease:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
It's not about who hits the hardest...it's about how you are hit.

Matthysse could hit him with 1000 punches, but if Prov sees them all coming, he can brace himself for the impact. AB's power isn't Matthysse's level, we know that, but his speed and accuracy is much higher. If he catches Prov coming in with something he doesn't see, it can effect Prov.

i.e. Kell Brook is much bigger, stronger, and powerful than AB and landed MUCH more on Porter.....but yet AB is the only person to ever drop Shawn Porter in a fight:manny:
That's debatable.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Has Zab Judah got the most :banderas: resume since 1991 for a 2x or more Champion (he's actually a 6x time Champion:whew:) as far as who he's lost too?:dead:

Kostya Tszyu
Cory Spinks
Carlos Baldomir
Floyd Mayweather Jr
Miguel Cotto
Joshua Clottey
Amir Khan
Danny Garcia
Paulie Malignaggi

Who's won at least 2 Championships and lost to better opposition than Judah has?:wow:

If he came up in this era, he would've probably ducked 2/3rds of these fights:russ:

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
He has "1 punch put you to sleep power", but yet he couldn't KO Zab Judah who has a weak chin?:jbhmm:

He really doesn't have THAT type of power, but he has good power. If he had what you're saying, Judah, Alexander, Postol, Garcia, Provodnikov, Molina Jr....at least one of em would've went to sleep.

Nah Matthysse has one punch sleep power if his punch is on the button.

The punch against Garcia where it flew Swifts mouthpiece into the 8th row would have slept any normal JWW. Swift just packs granite. Same with prov.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
that's definitely more impressive than those videos of kids just throwing hands fast.

This one has some good technique and combinations, I think these skills are a lot more reliable than speed at a young age because speed will probably not last as they get older
Likewise, when you're in a rush to throw punches and just let em fly, technique goes out the window.