Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
ABs best gameplan would be to fight like he did vs Molina

The problem with that is...there was plenty of Times Molina had the opportunity to throw punches yet wouldn't... Provodnikov won't be scary to take them punches to throw his

If AB does his whole conserve energy throw minimum amount of punches act Provodnikov could make it interesting
This was what I meant. Broner can get too standstill in his footwork and not let his hands go enough when he isnt focused.

Prov has a great chin and heart, so I don't think he will let Broner walk all over him without trying to muddy things up.

Like I said, Broner should out class Prov and win the fight without any controversy...but Broner gets easily distracted outside the ring and if he isn't committed in camp or distracted by any legal situation, Prov is not the right guy to be caught slipping against. He has a great chin, hits hard, and fights determined. Take him seriously and Broner should win, mess around and get in a fight where you take some punishment that isn't what Broner is really built for.

:manny:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
This was what I meant. Broner can get too standstill in his footwork and not let his hands go enough when he isnt focused.

Prov has a great chin and heart, so I don't think he will let Broner walk all over him without trying to muddy things up.

Like I said, Broner should out class Prov and win the fight without any controversy...but Broner gets easily distracted outside the ring and if he isn't committed in camp or distracted by any legal situation, Prov is not the right guy to be caught slipping against. He has a great chin, hits hard, and fights determined. Take him seriously and Broner should win, mess around and get in a fight where you take some punishment that isn't what Broner is really built for.

:manny:
If I was Prov I would just follow the Maidana game plan

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Very bad match up for provo... but then again I said the same exact thing for Marcos but provo looks to be smaller and not hit as hard.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
100% believe that Broner has Provo looking like light work. Provodnikov too worn down, Broner too intelligent to get caught up by his pressure.

i dont know about the worn down part..he looked how he usually does in his last fight below

i mentioned in the prov-molina thread how i was surprised he hasn't shown any type of slippage yet...molina may or may not answer that question...ruslan is flawed but still very dangerous

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
i dont know about the worn down part..he looked how he usually does in his last fight below

i mentioned in the prov-molina thread how i was surprised he hasn't shown any type of slippage yet...molina may or may not answer that question...ruslan is flawed but still very dangerous

Look at the caliber of opponent though breh:dwillhuh:

Prov was facing a guy who had 14 of his 15 wins over guys with a losing record. The only win Rodriguez had over a guy with a winning record was when he beat a guy who was 8-7 before the fight:mjlol:

AB is Ruth Chris in comparision....you comparing White Castle burgers to Ruth Chris steak breh?:jbhmm:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
AB's problem is shifting offense to defense. If he maximizes lateral movement and jabbing I only see him having a few hard rounds against provo.

If he doesn't? It could be a long night.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Look at the caliber of opponent though breh:dwillhuh:

Prov was facing a guy who had 14 of his 15 wins over guys with a losing record. The only win Rodriguez had over a guy with a winning record was when he beat a guy who was 8-7 before the fight:mjlol:

AB is Ruth Chris in comparision....you comparing White Castle burgers to Ruth Chris steak breh?:jbhmm:
Doesn't matter the caliber of opponent breh...slippage is slippage.....Rosado went life and death with a similar type opponent this past weekend..that is some slippage right there

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Doesn't matter the caliber of opponent breh...slippage is slippage.....Rosado went life and death with a similar type opponent this past weekend..that is some slippage right there

Yes it does, because Rodriguez didn't possess the talent/skill necessary to make Prov look bad at all....he was a D- opponent.

Rosado has been thru rougher times than Prov and in against much bigger punchers. Of course he's damaged goods. We wont know anything about Prov unless he gets in the ring with at least a decent opponent first before noticing anything.

Remember, Prov destroyed the ghost of JLC, and then looked lost against Matthysse's movement and boxing ability in the very next fight....and we know Matthysse doesn't really move that much in the ring which really makes me go :patrice: on Prov dealing with movement.

I think waiting until the John Molina fight happens, like you said, would be best to get a proper gauge on Prov. Using Jesus Alvarez Rodriguez to determine that is like using the fact Victor Ortiz was on a 2 fight KO streak before being stopped by Berto and ignoring the fact Ortiz was facing and KOing D-level opposition before running into Berto again

After this weekend, we should have a better grip on what type of Provodnikov is still here.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
[VIDEO] ADRIEN BRONER IMITATES FLOYD MAYWEATHER; CLOWNS WITH LOOSECANNON S.L.I.M. AT CHARITY EVENT || FIGHTHYPE.COM

FightHype.com was on hand at the Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis, Missouri for the 5th annual LooseCannon Celebrity Basketball Game. Check out the scene as Adrien Broner gave his imitation of Floyd Mayweather while clowning with LooseCannon S.L.I.M. backstage before the event kicked off.

[VIDEO] FLOYD MAYWEATHER VS. ADRIEN BRONER HEAD-TO-HEAD ON THE BASKETBALL COURT || FIGHTHYPE.COM

FightHype.com was on hand at the Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis, Missouri for the 5th annual LooseCannon Celebrity Basketball Game. Check out the scene as Floyd Mayweather and Adrien Broner joined up with LooseCannon S.L.I.M. for the event and faced off one-on-one a few times on the basketball court.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Newzz

article_updated_icon.png
Updated at 11:20 AM EDT, Tue Jun 7, 2016
IBF Orders Commey vs Easter Jr. Lightweight Title Fight

Undefeated Ghanaian star Richard Commey (24-0, 22 KOs) is set to face Robert Easter Jr (17-0, 14 KOs) for the vacant IBF World Lightweight title.

The often-avoided fighter, who is mandatory challenger for the IBF strap, was anticipating a showdown with champion Rances Barthlemey, and was ringside to watch the Cuban defend his title against Mickey Bey last Friday.

However, yesterday the IBF announced that Barthlemey has opted to vacate the title rather than face Commey, and have now ordered the 29 year-old to meet Easter Jr, the next highest ranked contender, for the vacant belt.

Both parties have agreed to the fight in writing and have until July 6 to come to an agreement before the IBF calls for purse bids.

Speaking today at a press conference at the Kempiski Hotel in Accra, Ghana, Commey expressed his delight at landing his long-awaited World title shot.

‘’I’m really exited to finally get my shot at the World title,’’ said Commey. ‘’I have been waiting too long and too many fighters have avoided me, but it seems like we are finally there. I would like to thank my promoter Team Sauerland for helping to get this opportunity, which I will take with both hands.’’

Commey’s promoter Nisse Sauerland says he is confident the former Commonwealth and IBF Intercontinental Champion can claim the World title and has revealed his desire to stage the fight in Ghana.

‘’We’re delighted that Richard will finally get his chance to fight for the World title,’’ said Sauerland. ‘’This has been a long time coming, and Richard has been very patient, but now his time has come.

‘’He is, in my opinion, the best lightweight in the World, and I have every confidence he will win the World title and then go on to unify the division.

‘’We will try our best to bring this fight to Ghana. My father started his career promoting fights in Africa and we would love to bring big-time boxing back to Ghana. This country has a rich boxing history with many great World Champions, and Richard can take his place among these greats by winning the IBF title.’’

‘’If the fight comes to Ghana, I will make the whole country proud,’’ adds Commey. ‘’It would be a dream come true to fight in our national stadium.’’

Tags: Richard Commey Robert Easter