Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

~Styles~

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just need to be clear on something...

What exactly makes a fighter A-side in negotiations? Do we pick and choose when it fits the agenda? Or does it get :camby:when it involves a UK fighter?

For example, Wards got a terrific record but Bellew is outchea fighting in Stadiums :patrice:

I mean Calzaghe had a big enough name over here where he could fight bums for most of his career and still make good good money, yet he's hated by y'all? He was a draw and had 'made it' by y'all standards...

But now it's considered that Canelos a draw he is a star he can get away with doing the same but it's not a problem?

No shade I just need some clarity?

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@~Styles~ shut the fukk up

Bellew just pulled a rocky like comeback

It's time to celebrate instead of tryna find something to hate

Good looks Pat

Real disappointed Makabu lost but that comeback was excellent

Bellew been living up to his nickname since he moved up

Cruiserweight delivered again :salute:

~Styles~

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@~Styles~ shut the fukk up

Bellew just pulled a rocky like comeback

It's time to celebrate instead of tryna find something to hate

Good looks Pat

Real disappointed Makabu lost but that comeback was excellent

Bellew been living up to his nickname since he moved up

Cruiserweight delivered again :salute:

That username was given to you and it just kinda stuck huh:jbhmm:

I deliberately watched my wording to not come across too opinionated. But since we on the front foot I very nearly made a thread saying "is generic euro-cac still slander or a fighting style that needs to be emulated?".

We on the same side man, I haven't enjoyed a moment like Bellews (fight, interview, emotion) in a long time. It's good for the sport but what does being the A-side come down to, record or money?

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
...and where do you stand on doug's explanation?
I didn't understand the entire context of what provoked the article and what he thought it would accomplish. Why he single out one race, unless he wanted to intentionally take shots at them? I know Dougie is a GGG stan, was he provoked by people picking on GGG?

But to single out blacks as "the demographic" is bullshyt. Every race has "the demographic". So we aren't going to act like the majority of the people rooting for Mayweather to lose or the people calling Wilder a p*ssy for not fighting Povetkin aren't part of "the demographic" for white folks.
Or the people who continually call out Mayweather for running and not fighting like a real fighter aren't usually part of "the demographic" for hispanics.

His article is questionable on topic alone, but dumbfounding that they thought it was acceptable to publish on singling out one race, when I notice there are segments of all races who fit that description.

Funny how if Irish fans or Mexican fans root incredulously for their countryman it is considered nationalistic pride, but for blacks to do it, it is considered reverse racism.

I never blame anyone rooting for someone who they identify with. Who are we to say how or why someone should like a particular person. Me personally, I choose boxers based on style and personality. I have always chosen my rooting sports interest on local ties or who I find interesting to watch. It has never been based on race or anything else...really i have felt I just have never have "related" to an athlete...my relation to sports is entertainment and if I choose a "rooting" interest it is entertainment based.

I feel like Doug brought #GGGoodBoys into this. If we are going to try and baby and protect GGG's reputation, don't bring "the demographic" argument as your calling card. :snoop: The true reason why there is some controversy regarding GGG is because he does get excessive marketing from HBO, he does fight in a weaker MW division, his resume could stand to have some more strong opponents. These are facts. #GGGoodBoys aren't running from that. That is why we enjoy the Canelo or any other talks. We want that fight. Even the #Shookboys contingency here has admitted that GGG is talented and a good fighter, but their questions come from the reasons above. But to blame GGG's shortcomings on black people? :camby:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I didn't understand the entire context of what provoked the article and what he thought it would accomplish. Why he single out one race, unless he wanted to intentionally take shots at them? I know Dougie is a GGG stan, was he provoked by people picking on GGG?

But to single out blacks as "the demographic" is bullshyt. Every race has "the demographic". So we aren't going to act like the majority of the people rooting for Mayweather to lose or the people calling Wilder a p*ssy for not fighting Povetkin aren't part of "the demographic" for white folks.
Or the people who continually call out Mayweather for running and not fighting like a real fighter aren't usually part of "the demographic" for hispanics.

His article is questionable on topic alone, but dumbfounding that they thought it was acceptable to publish on singling out one race, when I notice there are segments of all races who fit that description.

Funny how if Irish fans or Mexican fans root incredulously for their countryman it is considered nationalistic pride, but for blacks to do it, it is considered reverse racism.

I never blame anyone rooting for someone who they identify with. Who are we to say how or why someone should like a particular person. Me personally, I choose boxers based on style and personality. I have always chosen my rooting sports interest on local ties or who I find interesting to watch. It has never been based on race or anything else...really i have felt I just have never have "related" to an athlete...my relation to sports is entertainment and if I choose a "rooting" interest it is entertainment based.

I feel like Doug brought #GGGoodBoys into this. If we are going to try and baby and protect GGG's reputation, don't bring "the demographic" argument as your calling card. :snoop: The true reason why there is some controversy regarding GGG is because he does get excessive marketing from HBO, he does fight in a weaker MW division, his resume could stand to have some more strong opponents. These are facts. #GGGoodBoys aren't running from that. That is why we enjoy the Canelo or any other talks. We want that fight. Even the #Shookboys contingency here has admitted that GGG is talented and a good fighter, but their questions come from the reasons above. But to blame GGG's shortcomings on black people? :camby:

I hope he gets blasted for that poor "article". It's been obvious to me for years since his Maxboxing mailbag days that he feels some type of way about his own Blackness. It oozes from him in his slick comments. I'll never read another article from him

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I don't think i've ever seen a more punchable face than doug fischer's. literally from the first time I seen him i've hated him. didn't know anything about him at all but I just knew that I hated him. even his voice is on some gremlin shyt. honestly I think it's the hair....that shyt really pisses me off to no end. there's just no explanation for it and he needs to get his ass beat for thinking it's ok. even without hearing him talk, you'd know just by looking at him he was a creepy little fakkit.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I don't think i've ever seen a more punchable face than doug fischer's. literally from the first time I seen him i've hated him. didn't know anything about him at all but I just knew that I hated him. even his voice is on some gremlin shyt. honestly I think it's the hair....that shyt really pisses me off to no end. there's just no explanation for it and he needs to get his ass beat for thinking it's ok. even without hearing him talk, you'd know just by looking at him he was a creepy little fakkit.
The hair makes him so hateable