Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
shyt's crazy when you think about it but I'm not going to get into the reasoning for that :francis: we know what it is. :mjpls:

Idk what Canelo's contract with hbo looks like but I know Espinoza is still kicking himself over letting Canelo slip to hbo. If I'm Canelo I go over to Sho because you know they would toss some good money his way, fight the Charlos beat the struggle one and it sets up the story for the better bro getting revenge for some extra ppv buys n feast on the 147 pbc guys. The pbc welters all have "names" which these dude's are so crazy about and you can sell ppv with them.
yea I checked that too. they never said how long the deal was for but canelo just said it's long term. i'm guessing he's locked in for a while:francis:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I still can't get over the fact that Mora floored somebody like that...and I've seen him stop ppl but on their feet lol

He threw a perfect counter shot right on the button & dropped Jacobs. I can't stand Mora but that shot was nice
That shyt was a flash KD. Jacobs was never hurt (I was there for that). He got caught slipping trying to go for the kill and got hit with a shot right on the button. I think a bigger deal was made out of it than it should have been :manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That shyt was a flash KD. Jacobs was never hurt (I was there for that). He got caught slipping trying to go for the kill and got hit with a shot right on the button. I think a bigger deal was made out of it than it should have been :manny:

it was a similar reaction i had when i watched paulie wobble juan diaz with one punch lol

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
it was a similar reaction i had when i watched paulie wobble juan diaz with one punch lol
Even Paulie himself was shocked he hurt somebody :mjlol:

2cymrft.gif

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
This shyt happens more often than people would think. I've seen some ridiculous shyt. One time this fool ask not to be hit on the arms. :mjlol:
LMAO!!!

I can see requesting the nosebar headgear (although way back when you'd get called a bytch up and down if you did), but rarely if ever by regulars.

Weirdest thing I ever saw in sparring was a mouthpiece go flying Swift/Matthysse style. Think they were only using 12's though.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 5/27:

- When top fighters fight it lifts the fighters and the sport (in regards to Canelo-GGG).
- If Canelo vs. GGG does not happen this year (and lets not assume it won't happen quite yet), he would put more blame on ODH than Canelo for it not happening.
- If Canelo lost to GGG would it hurt his reputation? No.
- Really no public excitement for GGG vs. Lara. There would be people complaining he is fighting a 154 lb'er and Lara is very boring to watch. He should try to fight BJS or Eubank Jr., since they are legit top MW's. GGG would beat Lara easily.
- No news on Peter Quillin.
- Next opponent for Wilder is Arreola. Not in love with the fight, but it is decent since it is made on short notice, and should end in a KO.
- Vargas vs. Salido? Vargas.
- Agrees that Vargas vs. Salido should be allowed to go on. Vargas is being tested more.
- Ward is supposed to fight June 30th at Oracle. Cleverly is one of a few opponents under discussion.
- His number 1 lightweight is Linares.
- The Vasquez vs. Bone fight is crap.
- DeGale and Jack have an agreement to fight, but no date or location yet.
- Charlo looked shaky vs. Jackson, but got the job done.
- A fan said he was 6' and 190 lbs, athletic, how would he fair boxing against Chocolatito? Chocolatito KO1.
- Glowacki vs. Usyk? Purse bid on June 9.
- Vargas vs. Brook is getting closer to being official. Vargas' team is reviewing the contracts. Fight is expected to be Sept. 3.
- Bellew vs. Makabu? Going back and forth on who he thinks will win, but Makabu by KO.
- Likelyhood of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao 2? Hopes we don't see a rematch.
- Has spoken to the Nevada commission if they would license Mayweather vs. McGregor and they said they wouldn't (best boxer in the world vs. a guy making his pro debut).
- Should we take anything from Mayweather being spotted at the Wild Card gym? No.
- Breazeale vs. Joshua? Breazeale doesn't stand much of a chance.
- Ortiz vs. Ustinov has been agreed to. Should be in August or September.
- Ortiz vs. Joshua? They definitely could work together, but no chance that Hearn risks putting Joshua in with Ortiz. He would pick Ortiz to win.
- The winner of Crawford vs. Postol likely will be recognized as the lineal 140 lb champion.
- What is next for Crawford after Postol? Believes a move to WW.
- Mora is a possibility for Jacobs next fight.
- Mosley's best win? ODH 1 or Margarito.
- Jarell Miller possibly a top HW? Jury is out.
- Likely that Berto will fight Danny Garcia next.
- PBC lists all of Showtime's fights on their website, even though they are not branded as PBC fights. No one at PBC will comment why.
- If Lomachenko beats Martinez he is pretty sure Lomachenko stays at 130.
- He has had Arum, Schaefer and others hang out with him while he does the chats and they get to see what people write in.
- The commission is not going to allow Duran vs. JCC exhibition.
- Best CW of all time? Holyfield.
- Is Dorticos legit? Yes. His fight last week (vs. Kalenga) was sick.
- Who gets in the HOF: Montiel, Arce, Darchinyan, Rafael Marquez, and Israel Vasquez? Not sure any of them get in, but would say Marquez has the best shot.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Breh I happened to see something much more bytch made than that "no body punching" shyt.

Years ago (prolly around 2005-2006 I was training and we were all sparring, and this one dude who been training longer than us (3-4 years) but at the coach's previous gym finally walked in. He quit boxing before and became some type of Hotep public speaking self righteous ass nikkas. Dude wanted to train and spar again for exercise. The coach's star pupil agreed to spar him cuz he was a young gun that wanted to fight everybody. He was like 16 or 17 and the other dude was older but my age.

These nikkas put on the headgear and get into the ring. The first thing out dude's mouth to the young gun is....

"Try not to hit me in the mouth. That's how I make my living. I can't really get hit there and slow shyt up for myself."

We all looked at each other like. :what::martin:

Luckily the young dude ain't oblige him and his bullshyt and gave him that work anyway.:demonic:
Dude kept calling timeouts anytime he got hit in the grill. shyt was :mjlol:

Ain't no half stepping in boxing. You either all the way in or :camby:
NOTHING like gym stories.

I remember a nikka walking in off the street talking g some super blood shyt.... nikka!!! Probably one of the funniest shyt I seen in the gym. And I seen my fare share of fukkery.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
this shyt has me :deadmanny:

seen ellie in person. dude's not as frail as he seems on his youtube vids. he might give slater that work:leon:
Dude to me looks like a boxer believe it or not. He's always wearing those CAC clothes so you can't tell, but he looks like a pretty compact 135'er.

Now the no body shots thing was weird to me, dudes getting hit in the liver/sternum/stomach then vacating the ring at Usain Bolt speed is not weird to me at all. I remember one of my first time's seeing a way more serious boxer (122lb) spar a big dude (175'er good but no great amateur), they went 3 rounds giving and receiving (was also the first time I realized how fast some of the 175lb and up guys hands are) good work. And for the fourth lil man came and worked the body like nothing I had seen before (a mixture of :gladbron: and :damn::damn:) 1 minute in 175lber was puking into the spit bucket haha.

I fukking love boxing :blessed: