Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
According to multiple sources with knowledge of the plans, Roc Nation Sports has the Oracle Arena in Ward’s hometown of Oakland on hold on July 30 for the HBO-televised fight it is trying to finalize.

The leading candidate to land the fight with Ward (29-0, 15 KOs) is former light heavyweight titlist Nathan Cleverly (29-3, 15 KOs), of Wales, whom Kovalev crushed in four rounds to win his first world title belt in Wales in 2013.

An offer has been made to Matchroom Boxing, Cleverly’s promoter. The fighter and promoter are interested in the fight, according to a source with knowledge of the offer, although Cleverly is also considering a possible shot at secondary titlist Juergen Braehmer.

There are also two other names in the running to face Ward: Colombia’s Alexander Brand (25-1, 19 KOs), whom Ward was supposed to fight in November on the Canelo Alvarez-Miguel Cotto HBO PPV undercard in Las Vegas before pulling out because of swelling in his knee, and Sweden’s Erik Skoglund (25-0, 11 KOs), a rising contender who counts a 10-round decision win in 2014 against faded former light heavyweight world champion Glen Johnson as his most noteworthy victory.

Deal for July 30 Ward fight getting closer

*update*

Nathan Cleverly...WBC #10

Alexander Brand...WBA #10

Erik Skoglund...IBF #3 & WBO #5

:patrice:

I guess I'd rather see SOG vs Erik Skoglund:ehh:

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
According to multiple sources with knowledge of the plans, Roc Nation Sports has the Oracle Arena in Ward’s hometown of Oakland on hold on July 30 for the HBO-televised fight it is trying to finalize.

The leading candidate to land the fight with Ward (29-0, 15 KOs) is former light heavyweight titlist Nathan Cleverly (29-3, 15 KOs), of Wales, whom Kovalev crushed in four rounds to win his first world title belt in Wales in 2013.

An offer has been made to Matchroom Boxing, Cleverly’s promoter. The fighter and promoter are interested in the fight, according to a source with knowledge of the offer, although Cleverly is also considering a possible shot at secondary titlist Juergen Braehmer.

There are also two other names in the running to face Ward: Colombia’s Alexander Brand (25-1, 19 KOs), whom Ward was supposed to fight in November on the Canelo Alvarez-Miguel Cotto HBO PPV undercard in Las Vegas before pulling out because of swelling in his knee, and Sweden’s Erik Skoglund (25-0, 11 KOs), a rising contender who counts a 10-round decision win in 2014 against faded former light heavyweight world champion Glen Johnson as his most noteworthy victory.

*update*

Personally don't care. I feel like Ward looked rusty enough that if he went straight into the Kovalev fight he wouldn't be at his best.
I have been rooting for another fight from Ward, so both Ward and Kovalev go in at peak form and no excuses, just a great fight.
Determine who is the best at 175.
Stevenson. :camby:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

*update*

I remember watching Cleverly against KKK. I've been watching boxing a long ass time and that was the first time I could see a man that didn't have the look of a man that was scared shytless but you could still tell he was scared shytless.

I hope it's Cleverly becuz it's a name. I don't like to see top prospects against legends in their prime.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Personally don't care. I feel like Ward looked rusty enough that if he went straight into the Kovalev fight he would be at his best.
I have been rooting for another fight from Ward, so both Ward and Kovalev go in at peak form and no excuses, just a great fight.
Determine who is the best at 175.
Stevenson. :camby:

Stevenson about to fight Thomas Williams Jr. I don't like how Top Dogg looked against Rodriguez, and thought he was gonna be KOd before he slumped Rodriguez instead.

I think Stevenson KOs him within 6.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Chickenson. :camby:

giphy.gif

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Stevenson about to fight Thomas Williams Jr. I don't like how Top Dogg looked against Rodriguez, and thought he was gonna be KOd before he slumped Rodriguez instead.

I think Stevenson KOs him within 6.

Here's the problem with that...

Two of the top LHWs are fighting the run of the mill bum of the month but they are on a collision course to fight. Chickenson is fighting Thomas Williams, who isn't exactly a Bum Of The Month but he aint exactly prime Roy Jones either and he has no where to go afterwards.

I don't think it's registered with Chickenson yet that he doesn't have the juice right now.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Two of the top LHWs are fighting the run of the mill bum of the month but they are on a collision course to fight. Chickenson is fighting Thomas Williams, who isn't exactly a Bum Of The Month but he aint exactly prime Roy Jones either and he has no where to go afterwards.

I don't think it's registered with Chickenson yet that he doesn't have the juice right now.

I believe the winner of Stevenson vs Williams Jr has to fight Elieder Alvarez

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

Technically I don't put Kovalev-Stevenson as a true duck, cause there is a lot of promotional issues that are getting in the way. Now I do believe that if there weren't any promotional issues Stevenson would still be reluctant to take the fight. Kovalev fighting Ward (Pascal & Hopkins too) show that Kovalev is willing to fight guys that are highly ranked. But since that is opinion, I can't call it as fact. Doesn't change that Kovalev's trash talking is hilarious and is winning the war of words.

But even if a Kovalev fight isn't possible, Stevenson still could make the best fights possible and isn't. He doesn't seem to want to get into tough fights. That is his reputation right now, which sucks because he is the lineal champ. :francis:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Been in an endodontics seminar all damn week. Was supposed to go today but I said "fukk it" and came to work. They hold these types of seminars to get us prepare for residency. I'll be going back next week and might do the same thing next Friday. I'mma miss yall bros so much come June 6th. I wont be posting much until around December of this year. :mjcry:

I'mma be on my @SkiHatDaGawd steez. :pachaha:

Yeah bwoy, get that money from all them buck toofeded niqqas out here.

I use my time away to elevate myself and others into true monarchs. Ask Ski what's the science, and I'll most likely reply, "elevation".