Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I know I'm late with this bruhs but what did you all think of the Pascal vs Gonzalez fight?

Fight was close, and it should have really been a draw. I won't say it was a robbery tho.

Gonzalez did a lot of good things, but his defense fukking sucked and that's what cost him in the end. Pascal basically couldn't miss whenever he threw and was landing bombs all night despite being outworked and backed up.

If Gonzalez didn't get hit as much, he'd have a stronger case for winning. Great fight At least top 5 of the year.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I would too, but at this rate, if KKKovalev keeps on winning, he's gonna have the best resume in Boxing in no time:wow:

Somebody stop him:damn:

Good thing that SOG aka "The Generic Euro Slayer" will be coming to the rescue soon:ahh:

#SOGGang

:soggang:

what, did son of goosen put out a new press release demanding kovalev come down to 168?

• Dap
Reactions: L68

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
The question:

Rudy M Outta Space [via mobile]

Do you think wilder will run out of cab drivers and laundromat worker???????

The Answer:

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak
(1:12 PM)

No. And if he does there are always hot dog vendors, gas station workers, janitorial staff, delivery people, store clerks and plumbing professionals.

full

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
homie made some good points

Golovkin doesn’t need Ward; Ward needs Golovkin

By James Allen August 21, 2015 12:45
Related Articles
ggg-ward.jpg
The demand for WBA Super World middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (33-0, 30 KO’s) to move up and fight Andre Ward (28-0, 15 KO’s) has died down somewhat since his unification match against IBF champion David Lemieux (34-2, 31 KO’s) was announced earlier this month.

The thought of two hellacious punchers like them coming together is enough to put the thought of any other fight to the back of one’s mind, but Ward’s presence will continue to pervade Golovkin’s career after he and Lemieux are through.

Ward, with his mugging, technical style is really the only foreseeable threat to Golovkin’s dominance. Lemieux has the power, but his technique and durability are inferior to the man he will face in October. No such misgivings exist with Ward, who has tamed every beast put in front of him with Mayweather-like objectivity.

Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez was recently asked in an interview with Fight Hype if the Ward fight was inevitable at a catch-weight or even when his man moves up a division, and he seemed slightly vexed the question.

“First of all as a reporter let me ask you this question. He moves up to 168, and he beats Andre Ward, what does he do next? Klitschko? If he beats Andre Ward, the best fighter in the world and Mayweather’s not willing to fight him, what do we do next? We have no fights. We have no fights.”

“Second thing on a more real note, Andre hasn’t done anything to warrant what his demands will be. I think this shows you today [at a promotional event for the Lemieux fight] that Gennady is becoming the A-fighter and for that fight to happen I think that Andre and Andre’s people [Roc Nation Sports] need to sit at the table with [K2 Promotions CEO] Tom [Loeffler] and Gennady’s managers and iron something out that’s beneficial, but understanding who is the A-fighter and who is the B-fighter. And I don’t think that’s gonna happen because I think Andre thinks more of himself than he really is at this moment. He’s a great fighter, but he’s not a draw.”

“We don’t need Andre Ward; Andre Ward needs Golovkin.”

Ward has only recently returned from the wilderness. He spent the better part of three years out of action due to managerial disputes and injuries, and in that same period Golovkin made his US debut and kicked on in monstrous form to score 10 consecutive knockouts.

K2 have made sure to parade the Kazakh on both US coasts as well as in Europe and the fervour to see his KO power has become international, ensuring his capacity to generate huge amounts of money. On the other side, Ward is a boxing connoisseur’s delight, but a nobody to a casual fan.

Sanchez foresees Ward coming to the negotiation table with all the demands in the world, a position reserved for the biggest bread-winner which in that particular pairing would be Golovkin. A key point there would surely be what weight to hold the bout at, and Ward would be a silly man indeed to follow the ill-trodden paths of so many others to concede and drop down, draining himself against such a big puncher.

His demeanour and overall response seem to indicate that Sanchez is sick of hearing about Andre Ward and a fight that for now only exists as a fantasy match-up. So am I, as their meeting would hardly be exciting as the next one on Golovkin’s calendar.

• Dap
Reactions: L68
Daps
Reppin
Hayward CA
homie made some good points

Golovkin doesn’t need Ward; Ward needs Golovkin

By James Allen August 21, 2015 12:45
Related Articles
ggg-ward.jpg
The demand for WBA Super World middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (33-0, 30 KO’s) to move up and fight Andre Ward (28-0, 15 KO’s) has died down somewhat since his unification match against IBF champion David Lemieux (34-2, 31 KO’s) was announced earlier this month.

The thought of two hellacious punchers like them coming together is enough to put the thought of any other fight to the back of one’s mind, but Ward’s presence will continue to pervade Golovkin’s career after he and Lemieux are through.

Ward, with his mugging, technical style is really the only foreseeable threat to Golovkin’s dominance. Lemieux has the power, but his technique and durability are inferior to the man he will face in October. No such misgivings exist with Ward, who has tamed every beast put in front of him with Mayweather-like objectivity.

Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez was recently asked in an interview with Fight Hype if the Ward fight was inevitable at a catch-weight or even when his man moves up a division, and he seemed slightly vexed the question.

“First of all as a reporter let me ask you this question. He moves up to 168, and he beats Andre Ward, what does he do next? Klitschko? If he beats Andre Ward, the best fighter in the world and Mayweather’s not willing to fight him, what do we do next? We have no fights. We have no fights.”

“Second thing on a more real note, Andre hasn’t done anything to warrant what his demands will be. I think this shows you today [at a promotional event for the Lemieux fight] that Gennady is becoming the A-fighter and for that fight to happen I think that Andre and Andre’s people [Roc Nation Sports] need to sit at the table with [K2 Promotions CEO] Tom [Loeffler] and Gennady’s managers and iron something out that’s beneficial, but understanding who is the A-fighter and who is the B-fighter. And I don’t think that’s gonna happen because I think Andre thinks more of himself than he really is at this moment. He’s a great fighter, but he’s not a draw.”

“We don’t need Andre Ward; Andre Ward needs Golovkin.”

Ward has only recently returned from the wilderness. He spent the better part of three years out of action due to managerial disputes and injuries, and in that same period Golovkin made his US debut and kicked on in monstrous form to score 10 consecutive knockouts.

K2 have made sure to parade the Kazakh on both US coasts as well as in Europe and the fervour to see his KO power has become international, ensuring his capacity to generate huge amounts of money. On the other side, Ward is a boxing connoisseur’s delight, but a nobody to a casual fan.

Sanchez foresees Ward coming to the negotiation table with all the demands in the world, a position reserved for the biggest bread-winner which in that particular pairing would be Golovkin. A key point there would surely be what weight to hold the bout at, and Ward would be a silly man indeed to follow the ill-trodden paths of so many others to concede and drop down, draining himself against such a big puncher.

His demeanour and overall response seem to indicate that Sanchez is sick of hearing about Andre Ward and a fight that for now only exists as a fantasy match-up. So am I, as their meeting would hardly be exciting as the next one on Golovkin’s calendar.
Get this bullshyt outta here :camby: little g scared to get the hands of God put on him

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Even though we all know Fat Dan is a TR stan, I've noticed he least still gives props where it's due when it comes to PBC unlike The 3 Stooges (Steve Kim, Doug Fischer, and Gabriel Montoya)......and @patscorpio :youngsabo:

Frank (Tally)

I don't understand the business plan of Al Haymon, he's putting on quite a few mismatches that turns off the fans. Only good fight so far is Mares-Santa Cruz

Chat with Dan Rafael
Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak
(1:57 PM)

ONLY good fight? Get outta here with that nonsense. Have there been terrible mismatches that are a joke? YES. Many. But to say Santa Cruz-Mares is the only good fight is just being a hater. There have been several very quality matches on paper (nobody can control what happens when the bell rings). Garcia-Peterson, Lee-Quillin, Porter-Broner, McDonnell-Kameda 1 and 2 and many others were all fine, top quality fights on paper. And, by the way, maybe it wasn't an A-plus fight on paper -- although not bad at all -- but a PBC fight, Glowacki-Huck, is the FOY leader in the clubhouse right now. So stop drinking the kool aid from those who say PBC is all bad, terrible, awful. The reality is it has had a lot of good fights for free or on basic cable we otherwise would not get. Do I love and endorse everything PBC does? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. But I am not going to hate for the sake of hating. I will praise when deserving -- as many of the fights deserve -- and I will shred when necessary, such as the crapola of Stevenson-Karpency and several others.

Chat with Dan Rafael

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Neither GGG nor Ward need each other. Doesn't mean the fight shouldn't happen. Not now, but hopefully sometime soon.

Like I've said before, the only people that say GGG "needs" to fight Ward, are people that extremely dislike GGG and wanna see him lose so they can call him a bum/hype job/etc

You're right...neither of them need to fight each other. However, Team GGG should stop taking questions in reference to him or talk about fighting him if they dont really wanna get in the ring in bang or have no intentions to at this time:manny:

How often do you see SOG discussing a fight with GGG in comparision to how many times we see someone from Team GGG discussing SOG?:yeshrug:

Last edited: