Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:leon:Shane out her committing Twitter assault and battery on dikkriding stans.

:gladbron:dikkriding stan with the miracle comeback!

:dead:

The way you read it is the exact way I did on twitter:heh:

I was all Shane twitter 1st and I was like :whoo::ohlawd:

And then went to Leon's twitter and I was like :banderas::damn:

They going back and forth throwing Twitter bombs like Tua & Ibeauchi:blessed:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

he been calling out kirk alot lately :sas2:

Time to comb the desert for him

a16.jpg

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Everyone inside Boxing respects GGG:ohhh:

Are WE the one who are in the wrong and GGG is actually the truth?:lupe:

Roy pretty much said GGG ain't fight nobody but cuz hes "killing" these nobodys hes ranked high

Its not everyone in boxing breh...its HBO hype N media CACs who love kos...A good amount of them hate PBC so they hype up GGG even more cuz he's exciting N "fights anyone" wants to unify etc

Of course the nikka wants to unify that division is hilariously weak N hes waiting on smaller guys to fight him :comeon:

Manny Pac

Rookie
Daps
Roy pretty much said GGG ain't fight nobody but cuz hes "killing" these nobodys hes ranked high

Its not everyone in boxing breh...its HBO hype N media CACs who love kos...A good amount of them hate PBC so they hype up GGG even more cuz he's exciting N "fights anyone" wants to unify etc

Of course the nikka wants to unify that division is hilariously weak N hes waiting on smaller guys to fight him :comeon:
:comeon:
What does any of that have to do with PBC? And how does that explain why they have him above Kovalev and Vlad neither whom are PBC

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:comeon:
What does any of that have to do with PBC? And how does that explain why they have him above Kovalev and Vlad neither whom are PBC

Go read Steve Kim's twitter go on NSB...them GGG fanboys stay shytting on PBC...hes their Great White Hope

Floyd PAC was boring N these nikkas hype up GGG ...he's so exciting... nobody mentions he's fighting nikkas from Fox Sports 7 tho :childplease:

Broner vs Porter gets shytted on but GGG vs Monroe gets praised :camby:

GGG is getting that :deadmanny: push...surprise surprise you're stanning him :dead:

HBO favors GGG so GGG gets on the P4P above Kov N Wlad

They were pushing GGG top 5 last year N his best W was Geale :dahell:

HBO got Chocolatito N all of a sudden hes Top 5 now... before HBO signed him tho the lil nikkas name was never mentioned:aicmon:

Manny Pac

Rookie
Daps
Go read Steve Kim's twitter go on NSB...them GGG fanboys stay shytting on PBC...hes their Great White Hope

Floyd PAC was boring N these nikkas hype up GGG ...he's so exciting... nobody mentions he's fighting nikkas from Fox Sports 7 tho :childplease:

Broner vs Porter gets shytted on but GGG vs Monroe gets praised :camby:

GGG is getting that :deadmanny: push...surprise surprise you're stanning him :dead:

HBO favors GGG so GGG gets on the P4P above Kov N Wlad

They were pushing GGG top 5 last year N his best W was Geale :dahell:

HBO got Chocolatito N all of a sudden hes Top 5 now... before HBO signed him tho the lil nikkas name was never mentioned:aicmon:
I dont give a fluck about Steve Kims twitter.
Who is in your top 5? Anyone from PBC?

Does PBC have anybody fukking with GGG right now?

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Berto’s trainer has simple game plan for him to crack the MayVinci code
PostDateIcon.png
August 6th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 84 Comments
Share the post "Berto’s trainer has simple game plan for him to crack the MayVinci code"

floyd6666.jpg
By Allan Fox: Virgil Hunter, the trainer for former IBF/WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto (30-3, 23 KOs), says he’s going to have the 31-year-old Berto come into his fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. (48-0, 26 KOs) with a simple game plan for him to crack the MayVinci code when they get inside the ring on September 12th.

Hunter doesn’t want Berto to have a complicated plan when he gets inside the ring with Mayweather, because he feels that those types of plans don’t work against a fighter like Mayweather. Hunter sees the simple plans on being the best against Mayweather.

Hunter wants Berto to go into the fight using the things that have worked best for him in the past against other opposition. The problem is that Berto’s best skills have come up well short of the mark when he’s faced B level fighters like Robert Guerrero, Victor Ortiz and Jesus Soto Karass.

“You have to make it as simple as possible,” Hunter said via hustleboss.com. “Take what you have and display it with all your might and go from there. I don’t think it’s good to go into a fight with Mayweather with a game plan. I think it’s good to go into a fight with Mayweather to simply have a game plan for your guy to execute.”

It might help Berto to have a plan-B, C, D, E and F. Hopefully, Hunter doesn’t just have Berto come in the ring with only one option because it would be a shame to see Mayweather make one quick adaption in the opening round, and then spend the next 11 rounds clowning a confused Berto. Hunter needs to have some things that his fighters can use, because his fighter Amir Khan looked totally lost in his recent fight against Chris Algieri.

Hunter was trying to motivate Khan in between rounds, but the two of them looked totally confused. It almost looks like the only fighter in Hunter’s stable who knows how to fight properly is Andre Ward. Perhaps it’s because he’s been with Hunter for so long, and he knows how to implement the things that he tells him to do.

Berto doesn’t look any better than he did in the years before he was trained by Hunter. The only difference is that Berto has been facing weaker opposition recently in his fights against Josesito Lopez and Steven Upsher Chambers. Before those two fights, Berto was getting beaten up by guys like Jesus Soto Karass, Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero.

“Because I think it’s good to go into a fight with Mayweather to simply have a game plan for your guy to execute and not a game plan to beat Floyd Mayweather,” Hunter said. “Because I think it takes all types of intangibles and all types of connections. I think the simplest way to approach it is ‘How bad do you want to win?’, ‘What are you willing to sacrifice to win?’ and what works for you all these years when you are having success, are you willing to employ that over time?’

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Berto doesn’t look any better than he did in the years before he was trained by Hunter. The only difference is that Berto has been facing weaker opposition recently in his fights against Josesito Lopez and Steven Upsher Chambers. Before those two fights, Berto was getting beaten up by guys like Jesus Soto Karass, Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero.

quoted for emphasis

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I dont give a fluck about Steve Kims twitter.
Who is in your top 5? Anyone from PBC?

Does PBC have anybody fukking with GGG right now?

So you Quoted me about stans hyping GGG to the moon to spite PBC...then you say you don't give af about them stans:jbhmm:

PBC got fighters who have better resumes then GGG...PBC has fighters with much better TV Ratings then GGG...PBC has fighters who've accomplished more in boxing then GGG

The only thing they not beating GGG in is Media Hype...Muhfukker bout to fight Lemeuix who's best Wins is Rosado N Ndam...Lemeuix lost to fukking Rubio N Alcine N all these media nikkas is acting like this the greatest fight since sliced bread

LSC vs Mares is no good cuz Mares got a L tho

Swift vs Peterson was a cherry cuz PED lost to Matthysse tho

fukk outta here :camby:

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Andre Berto: 'I'm just as fast, maybe faster' than Floyd Mayweather Jr.

By Bob Velin August 6, 2015 1:04 pm

TWEET
EMAIL
gty-466175822.jpg

Andre Berto celebrates after beating Josesito Lopez. (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)

When Andre Berto steps into the ring on Sept. 12 against pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, he will be an underdog, he says, for the first time in his career.

The odds are currently stacked heavily against him, and the MGM Grand Sports Book line opened at 50-1.

Much has been written about how disappointing the selection of Berto, a former welterweight champion, has been as Mayweather’s dance partner for the final bout of his 20-year Hall of Fame career.

Ads by ZINC
Berto, 31, a Floridian of Haitian descent, doesn’t worry about things he cannot control, and being underestimated, he says, is simply part of the business.

“It’s the fight game,” he explained to USA TODAY Sports by phone this week. “The fight game only (cares about) your last performance. With the fight game, it’s just how they’re not interested or they want to hate on a situation.

“Say you do something spectacular, they hop right back on. It’s something (I’ve been dealing with) pretty much my whole career. Coming out of the Olympics, and being highly touted, there have been criticisms of certain performances — I’ve always been held to a high (standard) when it comes to that. . . . And I’ve always been the favorite, so this is the first fight I’m going in as the underdog. You know, it’s a different situation for me, but right now it just feels great, it feels right.”

MORE: Berto selection a disappointment

Berto, who fought for Haiti in the 2004 Olympics — his parents were both born there but he is U.S.-born — says he’s not entirely sure why Mayweather picked him over Amir Khan, or Keith Thurman, or any number of candidates who wanted the fight.

“He’s got a lot of different reasons. Me and him go way back,” Berto said. “It’s a fight that was supposed to happen a long time ago, actually, before the whole injury thing happened. But . . . It is what it is. I think that’s a question that you need to ask (Floyd). I think maybe he sees something there that’s going to be exciting for the people.”

The injury was a serious torn right shoulder tendon suffered against gatekeeper Jesus Soto-Karass two years ago that sidelined Berto (30-3, 23 KOs) for 14 months. He says he fought virtually the entire fight left-handed. And it’s one of the reasons why he is so hungry to show fans that he is no pushover.

“I’ve told everybody I didn’t want this fight just to get a paycheck. I want to try to make history,” he says. “That’s just what it is. Everybody knows that I bring a lot to the table when it comes to power and having that determination. I’ve been knocked down, I’ve fought 12 rounds with a torn shoulder, I’ve done this and I’ve done that. If (Floyd) had to go through anything like that, how would he deal with it? I’ve answered a lot of questions already. They know how I’m going to respond.

IT’S ON: Mayweather vs. Berto set for Sept. 12

“So I’m just dialing in, I’m just dialing in. That’s what I got to do. Of course, this is the fight game, and people are going to say what they want to say. But these are the types of situations that make boxing exciting, even situations that create astonishing moments in boxing history. You see guys that are (big) underdogs come out victorious, so that’s the only thing that’s going through my mind.”

Berto is as healthy as he has been in years, he says. “Yeah, I feel pretty good. As everybody knows, I’ve been dealing with a lot of health issues. I’ve got a lot of things worked out, I’ve got a lot of people to work with me through camp and I’m finally injury-free, I feel good and focused on the task ahead.”

The former two-time welterweight champ has a 7-1 record in world title fights, with four knockouts. His last fight in March was an impressive sixth-round TKO of a faded Josesito Lopez for the interim WBA welterweight title.

Yet he has lost three of his last six fights. His unanimous decision loss — the first of his career — to Victor Ortiz was 2011’s Fight of the Year. A rematch with Ortiz was later cancelled when Berto tested positive for the anabolic steroid nandralone. Berto has steadfastly denied using PEDs.

Despite the losses and controversies, Berto is not lacking in confidence. Asked about how he will deal with Mayweather’s vaunted quickness, Berto says his sparring partners are cat-quick, too, and “I’m just as fast, maybe even faster (than Mayweather). I don’t think Floyd’s fought anyone with speed probably since Zab Judah.”

Getting a shot against the best boxer in the world on the sport’s biggest stage and a career-high payday is a big deal for Berto, and “definitely a good situation.”

“It means everything, man, coming from where I come from, you know, the ratio to succeed is low, just to make it out,” he says. “It means a lot for the city where I’m from (Winter Haven, Fla.), for Haiti as well, and for my family. This is an opportunity we’ve been waiting for, and something we’ve always assured ourselves would happen sooner or later.”