Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
prime example ggg on the p4p list even though it's all subjective they have him at 5 I believe that looks like a favor to hbo to me

Pound 4 Pound lists are all mythical. No one can prove who's REALLY better, so P4P's are just for conversational pieces. What's more important is where they are ranked in their RING Divisional rankings imo. But for sake of argument:

GGG is ranked #4 P4P by RING.....but ESPN has him ranked #3 P4P, TBRB has him ranked #9 P4P, Boxrec has him ranked #3 P4P, Boxingscene has him #5 P4P.

So, pretty much, the entire Big 5 of Media P4P lists have GGG ranked between 3-5 except TBRB...so it must be a consensus pick for him being that high:yeshrug:

And also, doing a favor to HBO for listing GGG #4 P4P? Then who are they doing a favor by having Rigo ranked right under him at #5 P4P when HBO said he was too boring to show on TV? Isnt that also doing a disservice by basically saying the premier Cable network for Boxing has refused multiple times to show matchups featuring the 5th best fighter in the world?

I see no problem with RING's rankings.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Is Adrien Broner a good Welterweight?:sas1:

3 fights at Welterweight, 1-2 record, beat Malignaggi and lost to Maidana and Shawn Porter at a 144 catchweight....right?:sas1:

Yall tell me this all the time, but now that Im saying the same thing back to yall, yall dont wanna embrace it:sas2:

Remember this "bu-bu-but AB really lost to Malignaggi" "AB struggled with a washed up Malignaggi, he's food at 147"......then he becomes Maidana's best win and the narratives change to boost Maidana UP, but keep AB down:shaq2:

Nah, we aint doing that:stopitslime:

It's 1 or the other.:birdman:

That walk back to the locker room, I have said About Beatings is talented he still got that work though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
prime example ggg on the p4p list even though it's all subjective they have him at 5 I believe that looks like a favor to hbo to me
ESPN ranks Golovkin at 3 on the P4P list...are they currying favor with HBO too?
The reality is that most white boxing journalists/commentators have a hard-on for Golovkin and the Ring magazine's editorial board is probably chock full of Golovkin loving boxing people.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The WBA was Chinos belt... I have no issue with his WBA ranking :yeshrug:

Matthysse lost to Danny N stayed at the top of the WBC...fought Molina who wasn't even at 140 N jobber from mexico who was never seen before or since N stayed at the top

All these rankings fukking suck N I hate when y'all try to use the rankings to justify a opp

How tf is Diego Chaves Ring top 10 N Nobody has ever seen him win a fight :stopitslime:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pound 4 Pound lists are all mythical. No one can prove who's REALLY better, so P4P's are just for conversational pieces. What's more important is where they are ranked in their RING Divisional rankings imo. But for sake of argument:

GGG is ranked #4 P4P by RING.....but ESPN has him ranked #3 P4P, TBRB has him ranked #9 P4P, Boxrec has him ranked #3 P4P, Boxingscene has him #5 P4P.

So, pretty much, the entire Big 5 of Media P4P lists have GGG ranked between 3-5 except TBRB...so it must be a consensus pick for him being that high:yeshrug:

And also, doing a favor to HBO for listing GGG #4 P4P? Then who are they doing a favor by having Rigo ranked right under him at #5 P4P when HBO said he was too boring to show on TV? Isnt that also doing a disservice by basically saying the premier Cable network for Boxing has refused multiple times to show matchups featuring the 5th best fighter in the world?

I see no problem with RING's rankings.

ESPN ranks Golovkin at 3 on the P4P list...are they currying favor with HBO too?
The reality is that most white boxing journalists/commentators have a hard-on for Golovkin and the Ring magazine's editorial board is probably chock full of Golovkin loving boxing people.

there is no way GGG should be above Wlad:scust:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
The WBA was Chinos belt... I have no issue with his WBA ranking :yeshrug:

Matthysse lost to Danny N stayed at the top of the WBC...fought Molina who wasn't even at 140 N jobber from mexico who was never seen before or since N stayed at the top

All these rankings fukking suck N I hate when y'all try to use the rankings to justify a opp

How tf is Diego Chaves Ring top 10 N Nobody has ever seen him win a fight :stopitslime:

Diego Chaves is ranked #4 by the IBF (actually #2 since there is no #1 or #2 and Ali is at #3), TBRB ranks him at #8, and the WBA has him at #9 though.

WBA also has a dude who's name looks like somebody was texting while driving (Teerachai Kratingdaeggym) ranked as the #5 Welterweight contender in the world, and we've never seen him win either, and even had my boy Raymi moving up in the rankings even after he was dead:wow:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS

post-38536-steve-harvey-wtf-face-gif-Imgu-lJjr.gif

the ggg hype is un fukking real. yesterday on twitter a guy made a case that ggg would beat a prime hopkins and hearns :snoop: