Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I like that they use a computerized ranking system with set guidelines and rules to it. Their rankings aren't arbitrary or up to the whims of officials in the sanctioning body...its a computer program spitting out objective rankings based on a points system.
I'll check it out

Does it take robberies into account or is it like boxrec and just accepts whatever result?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Maidana is out enjoying the fruits of labor, but we're about to ignore the path of carnage he went on in his last run? Word? :francis:

Maidana hasnt won a fight in almost 2 years...he doesnt really have a path of carnage. He's only beaten AB, Josesito Lopez, and Angel Martinez (who?) in his last 5 fights.

Being that I think we're all pretty much at the same conclusion that Broner doesnt belong at Welterweight, that takes some shine off of that win:yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'll check it out

Does it take robberies into account or is it like boxrec and just accepts whatever result?
It counts official decisions which is a minor flaw but I guess they have to in order to keep their results totally objective.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Maidana hasnt won a fight in almost 2 years...he doesnt really have a path of carnage. He's only beaten AB, Josesito Lopez, and Angel Martinez (who?) in his last 5 fights.

Being that I think we're all pretty much at the same conclusion that Broner doesnt belong at Welterweight, that takes some shine off of that win:yeshrug:
Lol at that shade for maidana..that shyt must burn your soul something serious lol

SuikodenII

Daps

Broner was the champion and can balloon up to 154, I ain't buying that shyt. Just cause his lack of skills show the higher he goes doesn't mean he doesn't belong there. He's just a mental case.

Maidana tore through Karass, Lopez, Broner and gave Mayweather one of the toughest fights in his career. He bombed on the rematch trying to counter and box too much, though he did land that "Oh shyt" counter at the end of a round...... thank God that was at the end too :whew: :sadcam:

He looked damn good in losing too, much better than Manny and Canelo. That says a lot.

SuikodenII

Daps
It counts official decisions which is a minor flaw but I guess they have to in order to keep their results totally objective.
I don't understand how you can judge boxing results 1000% objectively. I just don't.

Either way, I'll check it out tomorrow after work.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Lol at that shade for maidana..that shyt must burn your soul something serious lol

No it doesnt....he lost:yeshrug:

But, what im saying is yall cant downplay Adrien Broner as being not good at Welterweight, but then prop people for beating him in the same breath. If AB wasnt/isnt a good Welterweight (which I dont rate him a Top 10 welterweight myself), then who has Maidana beat in his last 5 fights? Josesito Lopez and Angel Martinez (who?):yeshrug:

Same thing you get on Floyd fans about when it comes to talking about the Guerrero win, is what I do to anyone who talks about Maidana.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Broner was the champion and can balloon up to 154, I ain't buying that shyt. Just cause his lack of skills show the higher he goes doesn't mean he doesn't belong there. He's just a mental case.

Maidana tore through Karass, Lopez, Broner and gave Mayweather one of the toughest fights in his career. He bombed on the rematch trying to counter and box too much, though he did land that "Oh shyt" counter at the end of a round...... thank God that was at the end too :whew: :sadcam:

He looked damn good in losing too, much better than Manny and Canelo. That says a lot.

Nah, I cant see ranking Maidana currently as a Top 10 Welterweight breh....he's not active (last fought in 2014 and wont be back until 2016) and he hasnt won a fight at Welterweight since last beating Broner in December 2013....which is a little over 3 months away from being 2 years ago.

Manny Pac

Rookie
Daps

All them guys Maidana beat were coming off multiple or KO losses He got bodied by Devon Alexander in a lopsided asswhooping. His only respectable win was against Broner, who also aint done shyt at 147 He lost to Floyd twice, the second time even worse.. he doesn't deserve to be on any top 10 list anywhere

Look good losing?? :childplease: :mjlol:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
the ring rankings are corrupted too bro oscar golden boy (oscar)own that magazine

I dont think so.

Just because you own a magazine doesnt mean you are manipulating the rankings. Check the RING rankings and show me any GB fighter is over ranked and stands out like :dahell:

There arent any:yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
"takes some shine off that win"

:leostare:

About Backpedaling

Is Adrien Broner a good Welterweight?:sas1:

3 fights at Welterweight, 1-2 record, beat Malignaggi and lost to Maidana and Shawn Porter at a 144 catchweight....right?:sas1:

Yall tell me this all the time, but now that Im saying the same thing back to yall, yall dont wanna embrace it:sas2:

Remember this "bu-bu-but AB really lost to Malignaggi" "AB struggled with a washed up Malignaggi, he's food at 147"......then he becomes Maidana's best win and the narratives change to boost Maidana UP, but keep AB down:shaq2:

Nah, we aint doing that:stopitslime:

It's 1 or the other.:birdman:

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
I dont think so.

Just because you own a magazine doesnt mean you are manipulating the rankings. Check the RING rankings and show me any GB fighter is over ranked and stands out like :dahell:

There arent any:yeshrug:

prime example ggg on the p4p list even though it's all subjective they have him at 5 I believe that looks like a favor to hbo to me