Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd called Berto an easy opponent @synistr @mr. smoke weed

There's no hate when Floyd himself said he was gonna take an easy fight. It's more that people thought he was joking.....and definitely wouldn't be a PPV fight if he did fight Berto.

Come to find out, he wasn't lying:wow:

Floyd said a lot of fights were easy before he fought them. Thats talk. Fact is, Berto should be able to put up as tough a fight as any of Floyd's last few opponents. I see some intrigue from my thinking. Whats the "toughest" fight Floyd has had in a while? Maidana? I didnt think that was all that tough. The dude kept the pressure on but was wildly predictable in his attack. Floyd didnt have any trouble out of Canelo or Manny, and we had to hear for years how he was terrified to face either one of them. A long time ago and he was a southpaw but Floyd did fight another black fighter that gave him some trouble. That was Corley. Yeah, I know he was his sparring partner but still....one thing that bothers most fast fighters like Floyd, is speed. Not saying Berto will win, but he has speed and the ability to catch Floyd just like Zab and Corley did. It just may have been easier for them because they were lefties.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: I ain't mad at Floyd, he put that Pac shyt to bed. If you cycle in Khan/Brook/Thurman/Porter(lol) the results gonna be the same Floyd UD12

allz I am saying is....I dont think Berto is a soft touch, but so what if he is? we had to listen for years about how he was scared of Manny. we had to listen a good while about how he would NEVER fight Canelo. they said Maidana gave him a tough out...so he gave him a rematch. they say Castillo "really won" their first fight, and he gave him a rematch. He was an underdog against Corrales....look what happened. You get the point. All I am saying is...if this one fight is against a bum....so what? Does he not deserve one fight against a bum? and I know the argument is that its PPV. why should it not be...people gonna cop it regardless.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also like to add, this Floyd vs Berto shouldnt be an issue. We have ate well this year off fights, especially them free TV shyts. We really shouldnt be complaining as fans about this one fight. Look at all the PBC fights we done got for FREE!!! This year IMO was a truly great year in terms of bringing the sport back to the forefront with visibility and damn good marketing. Let's continue to eat and not complain about one fight out of many great ones this year.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deontay Wilder is just an ESPN fighter with better representation though.:yeshrug:

I dont hate on Wilder. I actually root for the guy because he is an American HW and he is black. I think he is very marketable. He is flawed, but I hope he continues to get better. I think he is getting better actually. I dont think we have seen the best of him. I think he is live against Klitschko because he like Haye, he has speed and power, but unlike Haye, he has the stature to match up with Klit and get to him easier.

I like Mansour too. I doubt he could beat Wilder though. If he could get to his chin he could. Mansour goes all out throwing everything with bad intentions...but what if he doesnt land? Wilder would do him just like Stivern, if not worse.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Berto been training for the past 4 weeks already. Floyd better be careful. Berto been watching the punches Cotto and Maidana landed and how they masked their attacks. This is a great fight no matter how you slice it because Floyd hasn't fought that speed and power in a while. Berto is also open to get hit and he will hit back.

One thing I'll say he won't be mentally defeated like Pacman :dead:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
allz I am saying is....I dont think Berto is a soft touch, but so what if he is? we had to listen for years about how he was scared of Manny. we had to listen a good while about how he would NEVER fight Canelo. they said Maidana gave him a tough out...so he gave him a rematch. they say Castillo "really won" their first fight, and he gave him a rematch. He was an underdog against Corrales....look what happened. You get the point. All I am saying is...if this one fight is against a bum....so what? Does he not deserve one fight against a bum? and I know the argument is that its PPV. why should it not be...people gonna cop it regardless.
I agree with you 100% breh

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I cant believe yall in here trying to spin this Floyd Mayweather vs Andre Berto PPV fight into actually a good matchup:wow:

I don't mind that match up (mostly because a black man/Florida nikka getting the payday), but I won't say this is a good fight especially when #Thurminatiors is in the cut waiting for his opportunity.

Some fights you just can't defend.