Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
@Newzz spinks was not open to a catch weight at 168.:snoop:

he was not making 20 million, shyt he only got 11 or 13mill vs tyson. if i recall correctly.

if u have proof, ill gladly concede my argument .

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
marvin has already said he felt he won.

said that srl told him he won, like garcia-peterson.

said nothing about ray being a hypocrite by not giving him a rematch quickly like he wanted with prime duran.

You can feel you won, but at the end of the day, the official records (besides all the judges/media scorecards from back then) will always say, Sugar Ray Leonard defeated Marvelous Marvin Hagler:wow:

#KingOfKings

box_hagler_leonard_07.jpg

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
i cant support no child molester or woman beater or rapist.:scust:

fukk outta here.:camby:

i might admit u got great skills:ehh: but stan or support your stance on that particular subject...ummmmm no.:dahell:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
You can feel you won, but at the end of the day, the official records (besides all the judges/media scorecards from back then) will always say, Sugar Ray Leonard defeated Marvelous Marvin Hagler:wow:

#KingOfKings

box_hagler_leonard_07.jpg

some said marv won n some had had draws.

official records only matter but doesn't mean its right .

legal example:did the judge that let zimmerman go free make the right decision ? but its the only one that matters.

boxing example:did the judge who picked chris over kassi pick right? but its the only one that matters .

plus the wbc can overturn cards if they want to.....so they are absolute but still not always right.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz spinks was not open to a catch weight if 168.:snoop:

he was not making 20 million, shyt he only got 11 or 13mill vs tyson. if i recall correctly.

Breh, why didnt he move up?

How can he harp on Floyd for not fighting GGG, and use Roberto Duran as his crutch/basis, but yet Hagler himself never moved up any divisions...at all. Not even 1.

Up until 04/07/1987...the day after Hagler's last fight

Sugar fought at Welterweight, Junior Middleweight, and Middleweight.

Hitman fought at Welterweight, Junior Middleweight, Middleweight, and Light Heavyweight

Hands of Stone fought at Junior Featherweight, Featherweight, Junior Lightweight, Lightweight, Junior Welterweight, Welterweight, Junior Middleweight, Middleweight, and Light Heavyweight.

Hagler? Only fought at Middleweight.

And this is only up to Hagler's retirement....I didnt include any fights after 4-7-1987.

So, while his contemporaries were moving all around, fighting men naturally much bigger than themselves...he's the only one who stayed only in 1 division his whole career, but yet he's harping on Floyd needing to fight GGG, who's the much larger man, because Floyd "needs to be pushed"?

I disagree strongly with his opinion.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Newzz spinks was not open to a catch weight if 168.:snoop:

ill post this one more time.

also.

hagler had retired when smw division was co signed by WBC and ray would not give rematch.

also hagler didn't have body to grow into 175lhw....came in below 160 all the time.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
quick question, who has fought Massa Garcia?

Yes, according to people who have been in camps with Dulorme and Matthysse they actually say for the first four rounds Dulorme hits harder especially with a left hook. Whatever, it seems like you don't really want to address points at all and run in circles. Matthysse is currently being rebuilt right now, also who has Ruslan knocked down at the highest level, an out of shape Alvarado?

Seriously
Okay cool I didn't actually enter into a debate with you boss but, you said where's the one punch KO power? Massa Garcia one punch KO.

Dulorme hit harder during the first four rounds, okay cool is that in sparring or in the ring? Hmmm heard of Tim Bradley? Great LM is being 'rebuilt' what's your point here man, seriously? You don't think highly of him? Okay high five

Daps
Okay cool I didn't actually enter into a debate with you boss but, you said where's the one punch KO power? Massa Garcia one punch KO.

Dulorme hit harder during the first four rounds, okay cool is that in sparring or in the ring? Hmmm heard of Tim Bradley? Great LM is being 'rebuilt' what's your point here man, seriously? You don't think highly of him? Okay high five

This is really boring you're doing that thing in which you don't explain you condescend.

The Garcia knockout I forgot, because it was forgettable, but to take pride in that well - you can have that one since by the letter of the land it is a one punch knockout.

Well for Dulorme that is in sparring , but a great difference between the two is not very common even though the gloves are 4-8 oz. less punchers crack in just about anything, the guys who you noticed a change in power in are guys with speed who are logged down by the weight of gloves.

What does Tim Bradley have to do with anything a lot of people have beat him up in sparring like say Terrance Crawford and no one "in the gyms" speak of his power, it is only on HBO broadcast that you hear about that or from his coach. Bradley doesn't generate power in his hips and legs hence all arm punches and a reduced KO percentage. Dulorme at the end of his punches and his check left hook is very hard, but he doesn't pace himself well since he throws hard early to rock people.

My point is that is undecided where he stands, I am actually not that low on Matthysse I just think he has a simple style, probably the same reason you like him come forward head first paw a jab loop a right then go inside swing a few hooks, to me that is boring, in fact Provodnikov-Matthysse was boring to me with the lack of technical ability.

It is funny that you're getting frustrated, but not talking Xs and Os, if Matthysse is the kingpin of the division why does he need to be rebuilt? Matthysse went Molina, then softer with Garcia and then took a competitive fight with Ruslan. Fair, but notice a pattern, I do limited movement brawlers, that is what I mean by rebuilding and he is being built up until "a big cash out fight happens" for him.

My frustration in debating you is I answer your questions, but it seems like you never answer mine, for example
1) How do you gain 20 lbs. in 14 hours or so and not shows massive amounts of fatigue.
2) Who has Ruslan knocked down besides Mile High Mike

I'll give you credit for talking about Garcia one punch knockout though it was forgettable at least you got a retort in there.

Let's keep this professional, let's debate, let's have fun with this, but stop with the passive aggressive emotions I am telling you why I think the way I do about Matthysse and am giving points you can counter act them, but let's kick knowledge schemes, game plans, etc, not just looking at from a TV viewer perspective.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@hyperman25 I might have to stand down breh. If @TheLukieBaby keeps feeding us this type of info (Dulorme punching power = Matthysse's & Crawford putting the paws on Bradley in sparring), Crawford might really be in line to run things at 140, because he's already dealt with Dulorme's level of power and already beating up a guy I thought would be able to beat everyone at 140:wow:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
first of all king carlos didnt rape no one...trumped up charges on some statutory shyt..he had sex with his 15/16 year old gf when he was 18....he didnt take it either...it was consensual and she liked it :steviej:..but it was a big misunderstanding and the laws not catching up that led to this fallacy and the premature end of king carlos as champion..but it will all be righted

If he was innocent he'd be in vegas :sas2: