Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Terence Crawford's Return: Jean Emerges as Frontrunner

Posted by: Steve Kim on 7/24/2015 .

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Steve Kim

The return of Terence Crawford is slated for October 24th in Omaha, Nebraska. What hasnt been decided is who his dance partner will be that night.

According to a couple of sources, Dierry Jean has emerged as a leading candidate to land this assignment. Jean, who fights out of Montreal, has a record of 29-1 (20 KO's) unsuccessfully challenged Lamont Peterson in January of 2014 for the IBF junior welterweight title.

Jean has won four fights since that point, including a ten round decision over Jerry Belmontes on June 20th.

Other names such as Humberto Soto and Antonio Orozco were in the mix but it looks like they will be facing each other on October 3rd.

Crawford(26-0, 18 KO's) stopped Thomas Dulorme in six rounds on the night of April 18th in what has been his only appearance of the year.

Steve Kim is the news editor for BoxingScene.com

Terence Crawford's Return: Jean Emerges as Frontrunner

Jean isnt a Top 10 opponent and should not be fighting for the Championship again:camby:

At least Benavidez or Imam or Herrera. Not Jean:scusthov:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Terence Crawford vs Dierry Jean next?:dwillhuh:

:scusthov:

I thought Jean looked good in his last fight. Much improved since the Peterson lost, but it's a bit of a let down as a Crawford opponent.

I still think it'd be a decent fight.

I don't mind young boxers in their prime squaring off with each other.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
I'm not a fan of Haymon/PBC's match making, but I do respect the fact that they pay nikkas even if sometimes it's more than they should get against certain opponents.

If you're in the hurt business you should be compensated well.

breh,perfect example is collazo. didn't even realize he got paid 500K for thurman. :wow:

collazo made 300k vs khan,100K vs Ortiz, 200k vs Berto, 500K vs Hatton (when he was CHAMPION and in his PRIME) :camby: . Don't know what he made against mosley but mosley made 1M so i doubt he made 500K. Al really taking care of this guy.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
My frustration in debating you is I answer your questions, but it seems like you never answer mine, for example
1) How do you gain 20 lbs. in 14 hours or so and not shows massive amounts of fatigue.
2) Who has Ruslan knocked down besides Mile High Mike

1) I can't answer that one breh :yeshrug:
2) Tim Bradley, who was at the time, a p4per coming off a win over Manny.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I thought Jean looked good in his last fight. Much improved since the Peterson lost, but it's a bit of a let down as a Crawford opponent.

I still think it'd be a decent fight.

I don't mind young boxers in their prime squaring off with each other.

Jean is 33 already and his last 4 wins have come against Who, What, When, and Jerry Belmontes:heh:

Peterson made him look like an amateur, Crawford is gonna embarass him. Jean's hasnt earned his way back up to a Championship fight with Belmontes being the best fighter he's beaten during his 4 fight win streak imo.

Hopefully, we can get Crawford vs Benavidez/Herrera/Imam....or even Provodnikov.

I just hate when belts are defended against opps outside the RING Top 10.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Terence Crawford vs Dierry Jean next?:dwillhuh:

:scusthov:

herrera,jose,jean are the options.

herrera wierd style might be a good test.

jose is undefeated but who has he fought ?

jean is solid but no test for killa.

pickings are slim.

ruslan aint gonna fight lucas -crawford back to back.

ab n pete with haymon....hopefully crawford is too soon after facing lucas.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Jean is 33 already and his last 4 wins have come against Who, What, When, and Jerry Belmontes:heh:

Peterson made him look like an amateur, Crawford is gonna embarass him. Jean's hasnt earned his way back up to a Championship fight with Belmontes being the best fighter he's beaten during his 4 fight win streak imo.

Hopefully, we can get Crawford vs Benavidez/Herrera/Imam....or even Provodnikov.

I just hate when belts are defended against opps outside the RING Top 10.

I don't remember Peterson making dude look that bad. Lamont won a competitive 8 rounds to 4 type of fight.

Jean is solid, nothing special. It's a decent fight. He hasn't beaten any real names, but :manny:

it be like that sometimes.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
herrera,jose,jean are the options.

herrera wierd style might be a good test.

jose is undefeated but who has he fought ?

jean is solid but no test for killa.

pickings are slim.

ruslan aint gonna fight lucas -crawford back to back.

ab n pete with haymon....hopefully crawford is too soon after facing lucas.

Benavidez fought and beat Herrera (:yeshrug:)

He also at least holds the Interim WBA Championship. Once Garcia vacates it/is stripped, Crawford would then become the WBO & full WBA Champion at Junior Welterweight by beating Benavidez.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I don't remember Peterson making dude look that bad. Lamont won a competitive 8 rounds to 4 type of fight.

Jean is solid, nothing special. It's a decent fight. He hasn't beaten any real names, but :manny:

it be like that sometimes.

I thought Peterson dominated him.

If I recall, PEDerson landed like 100 or so more punches and was showboating and everything on him:heh:

Let me see if I can dig up a post from back then

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I thought Peterson dominated him.

If I recall, PEDerson landed like 100 or so more punches and was showboating and everything on him:heh:

Let me see if I can dig up a post from back then

I'm not saying Peterson ain't win clearly, but when I hear domination I lean more towards what Timmy did to Lamont. :mjlol:

Peterson was swaggin on him though. I do remember that.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying Peterson ain't win clearly, but when I hear domination I lean more towards what Timmy did to Lamont. :mjlol:

Peterson was swaggin on him though. I do remember that.

I tried to find any of my posts about it, but the thread was too muddled back then...back when we used to discuss the fights in here:heh:

nikkas was talking about Jennings/Spizlka, Peterson/Jean, and Garcia/Burgos all at the same time:dead:

Daps
1) I can't answer that one breh :yeshrug:
2) Tim Bradley, who was at the time, a p4per coming off a win over Manny.
Bradley is a great fighter and still a pound for pounder with amazing heart and athletic ability. Though unfair I think Bradley came into the Ruslan fight mad at the world looking to prove a point, if you remember the build up was "Mr. HBO" vs. "the guy who robbed Pacquiao" and Bradley had a point to prove. Ruslan is a thudding puncher and can generate a lot of power if you stand in front of him, but it also seems like Bradley created that fight/storyline.