Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Matthysse is a puncher, he will always hit hard, but he has not shown since Peterson one punch explosive power, he now is more of a guy who beats fighters down takes them to hell and beats on them to a decision or an accumulation stoppage. In my opinion, both Danny and Matthysse left a lot in the ring after that fight and neither have looked good.

As for Molina that is what your suppose to do, Molina was a hand selected opponent for Matthysse to get a knockout or devastating win on a card that was supposed to be all showcases. The fact that Molina dropped him twice was eye opening since Molina has three punches pawing jab, overhand right and left hook. Matthysse did what was needed, but ask any matchmaker if that was suppose to happen, no! Matthysse got the W, beat on Molina, but also got into a fight of the year when he was suppose to get 6-8 rounds of work and look like the monster he had been built up to be. The problem was he looked more human than ever.

Ruslan is a guy who breaks people at the highest level, not a one punch knockout guy. He got two flash knockdowns on Algieri, but outside of that the Alvarado knockdowns were more of a slow steady pressure put upon him. Matthysse has had three fights since a John Molina fight in which he was dropped twice and rallied back, a fight you probably don't remember against Roberto Garcia on a Broner undercard and fight with Ruslan in probably Ruslan's last career fight in which he stood in the pocket and traded with Ruslan for the last half of the fight knocking more years of his career. So now we applaud people for having dumb game plans and not getting dropped, rather than looking at sort of the obvious, a slow and steady decline for a guy as you said "isn't a master boxer".

Actually Matthysse isn't just a 1-2 machine, he does do subtle things, but oddly - sort of like Danny in a way. For example, he likes to throw rights to the body to step up a check left hook or turning his opponent into his power hand with ugly, but sneaky and effective footwork. Matthysse's greatest strength is that he doesn't make boxing look good and he seems like he isn't good when you watch him, but he knows what he is doing and very awkward and for about a year or so seemed to have legit one punch power. That is what scared everyone, an awkward guy with some ability to box and one punch KO power.

As for the PEDs can you explain the weight fluxuation, people in Matthysse's camp talking about how his power changed during the course of camp as well as body fat percentage despite changing much in training as they trained side by side to emulate others styles, his inability to drop Ruslan after VADA testing in camp (don't give me he hurt him, because Bradley hurt Ruslan) or the fact that he took a known PED that oxidizes muscles and allows higher output prior to Dallas Jr. fight

As for "he drops every fighter he has faced" that is my point who has he faced? Eric Gomez is a great matchmaker since he built a fighter the right way and the booking has you a bit fooled, because he was created the way you develop boxers into stars.

I think the big question is as fans that we are, we are allowed to ask questions and have inquiry around Matthysse seemingly looking different or more dominant in course of two years that created his career resurgence.
Because I didn't bring up the Garcia fight (which is still on my DVR homie) means I didn't know about it breh c'mon. You say he has trouble in the center of the ring, but he did just that and now we're talking about shytty game plans? Make up your mind brah. You just trying to shyt on Lucas because you think Imam beat's him? Cool. You trying to say he didn't get off like a bat out of hell against Molina? Cool. You saying he's taking PEDs? Gonna need receipts on that breh. And of course Matthyssee is a boxer, that's just not the label he'd be given amongst heads, of course he has sick moves etc etc. Where was your point who has he faced? Or was your point you think Matthyssee's overrated? If so compared to whom? He's rated about a B- boxer with A power, seems about right to me. You're right he has us all fooled :heh: breh only has loses to former champs and none of them were struggle champs.

But the real point is, if Imam fights Lucas, yea he may win. But if he wins he's going through hell and won't be the same fighter again :yeshrug:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Because I didn't bring up the Garcia fight (which is still on my DVR homie) means I didn't know about it breh c'mon. You say he has trouble in the center of the ring, but he did just that and now we're talking about shytty game plans? Make up your mind brah. You just trying to shyt on Lucas because you think Imam beat's him? Cool. You trying to say he didn't get off like a bat out of hell against Molina? Cool. You saying he's taking PEDs? Gonna need receipts on that breh. And of course Matthyssee is a boxer, that's just not the label he'd be given amongst heads, of course he has sick moves etc etc. Where was your point who has he faced? Or was your point you think Matthyssee's overrated? If so compared to whom? He's rated about a B- boxer with A power, seems about right to me. You're right he has us all fooled :heh: breh only has loses to former champs and none of them were struggle champs.

But the real point is, if Imam fights Lucas, yea he may win. But if he wins he's going through hell and won't be the same fighter again :yeshrug:

:obama:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
It will be a great fight. Lemiuex has legit power and throws bombs. It would be the biggest test for GGG's chin. It helps unify the belts and should be crowd pleasing.
Sign me up. :jawalrus:

Until GGG removes Lemieux's conscious removed from his body:heh:

when you get embarassed and whipped by joachim alcine..past prime chinny joachim alcine..im going to doubt your skills everytime against a notable puncher...GGG will beat his ass down

Yep...GGG is gonna have his way with Lemieux.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

tumblr_mp0lqndWkr1sqc0v0o1_250.gif

#BandCamp

:demonic:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Until GGG removes Lemieux's conscious removed from his body:heh:

Yep...GGG is gonna have his way with Lemieux.
I do agree that Lemiuex's chin may be the frontrunner for how this fight is decided, but not without GGG's chin being tested as well. Lemiuex has good handspeed, faster than GGG. Not as gifted overall as a boxer.
For GGG fights, after Cotto/Canelo and Ward, this is probably my third favorite choice. It is a quality fight that I don't think anyone could hate if it was made.

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I do agree that Lemiuex's chin may be the frontrunner for how this fight is decided, but not without GGG's chin being tested as well. Lemiuex has good handspeed, faster than GGG. Not as gifted overall as a boxer.
For GGG fights, after Cotto/Canelo and Ward, this is probably my third favorite choice. It is a quality fight that I don't think anyone could hate if it was made.

Nobody should hate on a fight to unify the titles:yeshrug:

Will be a fun fight.