Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
So once GGG beats Lemieux people are gonna throw him in the bushes and retroactively dub him a 'bum' too, right?

Well, Lemieux isn't a bum, but he's nowhere near a Top fighter either.

He's maybe a C+/B- fighter.....at VERY BEST. Just like Andy Lee.

Just because you win a title, especially at Middleweight which is the weakest division in Boxing right now outside of Cruiserweight, doesn't automatically make you a very good fighter.

Word to Ishe Smith:mjpls:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

Just because you win a title, especially at Middleweight which is the weakest division in Boxing right now outside of Cruiserweight, doesn't automatically make you a very good fighter.

cruiser,middle,heavy weak.

smw...froch retired..meh. ward rules easily.

jr feather n down is all meh.

lhw is above avg.

jr mw got the most talent.

ww,jrww,feather are great.:manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

shyt id even say Lee>>>Lemeuix

Goldenboy should be following the GGG blueprint N build up Lemeuix N his power against Bums

They could get at least two fights for Lemeuix before Canelo defends the WBC he wins from Cotto

Then you got a fattened up hyped up hog with a belt ready for slaughter for Canelo to unify with

You cash out your hype jobs against fighters in your stable NOT to benefit someone else
Do cocaine brehs :francis:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
shyt id even say Lee>>>Lemeuix

Goldenboy should be following the GGG blueprint N build up Lemeuix N his power against Bums

They could get at least two fights for Lemeuix before Canelo defends the WBC he wins from Cotto

Then you got a fattened up hyped up hog with a belt ready for slaughter for Canelo to unify with

You cash out your hype jobs against fighters in your stable NOT to benefit someone else
Do cocaine brehs :francis:

Exactly.

I don't know what he's thinking:snoop:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

• mickeybeytmtWent home to receive the key to the city back in my hometown of Cleveland for my accomplishments throughout the years, I'm going on my 2nd world title soon, I'm very proud to be from the 1st or 2nd poorest city in America( between Cleveland and Detroit every year) and to reach from deep within my spirit and achieve my goals in the physical form, this is my second time receiving the key, I'm blessed to have the character and spirit I have,It's not for sale Ill always keep God first!

#BeyBeyKids....we running the city:mjcry:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
what does a key to the city do? do you get free entry and free food everywhere? free rent? what about free gas?

:heh:

It's just an award that The Mayor gives out signifying you've done something/accomplished something to make the entire city proud.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
the average citizen doesnt even like or respect boxers tho.

We're talking about Cleveland and Ohio in general breh. Obviously, with as many professional fighters (and top amateurs) we produce, the average citizen does care about Boxing here:yeshrug:

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
We're talking about Cleveland and Ohio in general breh. Obviously, with as many professional fighters (and top amateurs) we produce, the average citizen does care about Boxing here:yeshrug:

:ohhh:

i once got told by my jobseekers advisor to take my amateur boxing off my resume because employers dont like it and they will think you are a thug. but im from a country where football (soccer) players are viewed as gods.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

i once got told by my jobseekers advisor to take my amateur boxing off my resume because employers dont like it and they will think you are a thug. but im from a country where football (soccer) players are viewed as gods.

Well, I don't know because I've only ever lived here, but as you can see that is Mickey Bey receiving his 2nd "Key To The City" by our Mayor Frank Jackson:yeshrug:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Lightweight champion Mickey Bey (21-1-1, 10 KOs) returned to Cleveland for the first time since he won the IBF lightweight title in 2014 - and his trip was non-stop.

There was time with the family, a visit to the barbershop and a proclamation by Mayor Frank Jackson.

There was also time to make plans for Bey to get back into the ring. Bey, who is fighting under Floyd Mayweather's promotional company, gave up his title a few weeks ago because of a low offer to defend his title in China.

"I got a call from Floyd and told me to continue training hard and be ready," said Bey in a video interview with The Plain Dealer at Ty Barber's Barbershop in downtown Cleveland. "I had to take some time off because of surgery. I should return to the ring in early September."

Bey also talked about a fight here in Cleveland later in the year. Fighting at home brings on a totally different type of motivation.

"Fighting in Las Vegas is cool," said Bey about his current residence. "But I can't wait to fight at home."

Floyd Mayweather begins training, Mickey Bey comes home, Carl Froch retires: Boxing notes (video)

You can read the proclamation by clicking on it. A lot of us support our own Boxers in Ohio:obama: