Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
and this is the interview Mr Smoke Weed was talking about

-matthyse left danny deaf for 2 weeks. danny went to the corner and told him he couldn't hear

-matthyse made his mouthpiece fly out and his mouthpiece was customized

-matthyse made danny piss blood. fukked him up with some liver shots

but he had no power right:sas1:......and people still wanna deny matthyse took something out of danny that night. any surprise danny aint looked the same since:sas2:

PED allegations lookin funny in the light:mjpls:

And Ruslan said Lucas was the hardest puncher he ever faced. Sometimes guys just don't go down, it isn't for lack of power. Both Danny and Ruslan basically aid Matthysse punches were :damn:,they just have chins to take it.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
i cant be too excited..rosado hasnt won a fight in almost 3 years..if jr wins well he wins, if he struggles his rep will take another hit..if he loses hes going to be a joke...rosado needs soft touches badly and get some W's on his record again
I don't like this fight at all. Rosado is a tweener between 154 and 160. He is durable, but gets outclassed regularly. He also isn't a big puncher...at 154 or 160.
How is this different from any other JCC fights. He is dragging up a guy a weight class or two below him, the opponents power won't affect him, he may struggle with the opponents skill, but eventually his size wins out.

Even if it is a bum can you please just fight someone who legitimately spends time at 168 JCC? :stopitslime:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
And Ruslan said Lucas was the hardest puncher he ever faced. Sometimes guys just don't go down, it isn't for lack of power. Both Danny and Ruslan basically aid Matthysse punches were :damn:,they just have chins to take it.

danny is a big guy for 140, he was able to take big shots from those fighters.

at 147 he will be fighting men closer to his size, we will see how good his chin is there.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

Loeffler continues to, IMO, be the most level headed commentator on what is happening and actually possible for GGG right now.

The good thing about if GGG did fight Ward in the fall (he never said this, just hinted that there was going to be an intriguing opponent) is it would take place above 160 and still allow GGG to be the mandatory for Canelo-Cotto.

Daps
So all is good up until he fights Danny who he according to Angel Garcia knocked deaf for 2 weeks (fact) and DSG hasn't looked remotely the same since (fact). So lucas hasn't had power since Danny when since his precious PED's have been taken away right? RIght @TheLukieBaby ? Any receipts? How about him making Molina bleed out the side of his ear n dome? Or maybe where he went into an all out war with Ruslan and didn't get dropped? Because what fights has he had besides that? Ruslan has no power word? Who ever thought LM was a master boxer? Who thought he was more than an all exciting 1-2 come forward swarmer with devastating hooks? Al Schaefer? He ain't in this convo. LM drops everyone he fights except for Swift which was a war so what are you saying breh?

@Newzz @ChocolateGiddyUp We've had this conversation before but y'all biggin it up because Lukie's a part of it :ehhh: PED's until you've gotten caught you technically haven't used em, so where are the receipts?
Matthysse is a puncher, he will always hit hard, but he has not shown since Peterson one punch explosive power, he now is more of a guy who beats fighters down takes them to hell and beats on them to a decision or an accumulation stoppage. In my opinion, both Danny and Matthysse left a lot in the ring after that fight and neither have looked good.

As for Molina that is what your suppose to do, Molina was a hand selected opponent for Matthysse to get a knockout or devastating win on a card that was supposed to be all showcases. The fact that Molina dropped him twice was eye opening since Molina has three punches pawing jab, overhand right and left hook. Matthysse did what was needed, but ask any matchmaker if that was suppose to happen, no! Matthysse got the W, beat on Molina, but also got into a fight of the year when he was suppose to get 6-8 rounds of work and look like the monster he had been built up to be. The problem was he looked more human than ever.

Ruslan is a guy who breaks people at the highest level, not a one punch knockout guy. He got two flash knockdowns on Algieri, but outside of that the Alvarado knockdowns were more of a slow steady pressure put upon him. Matthysse has had three fights since a John Molina fight in which he was dropped twice and rallied back, a fight you probably don't remember against Roberto Garcia on a Broner undercard and fight with Ruslan in probably Ruslan's last career fight in which he stood in the pocket and traded with Ruslan for the last half of the fight knocking more years of his career. So now we applaud people for having dumb game plans and not getting dropped, rather than looking at sort of the obvious, a slow and steady decline for a guy as you said "isn't a master boxer".

Actually Matthysse isn't just a 1-2 machine, he does do subtle things, but oddly - sort of like Danny in a way. For example, he likes to throw rights to the body to step up a check left hook or turning his opponent into his power hand with ugly, but sneaky and effective footwork. Matthysse's greatest strength is that he doesn't make boxing look good and he seems like he isn't good when you watch him, but he knows what he is doing and very awkward and for about a year or so seemed to have legit one punch power. That is what scared everyone, an awkward guy with some ability to box and one punch KO power.

As for the PEDs can you explain the weight fluxuation, people in Matthysse's camp talking about how his power changed during the course of camp as well as body fat percentage despite changing much in training as they trained side by side to emulate others styles, his inability to drop Ruslan after VADA testing in camp (don't give me he hurt him, because Bradley hurt Ruslan) or the fact that he took a known PED that oxidizes muscles and allows higher output prior to Dallas Jr. fight

As for "he drops every fighter he has faced" that is my point who has he faced? Eric Gomez is a great matchmaker since he built a fighter the right way and the booking has you a bit fooled, because he was created the way you develop boxers into stars.

I think the big question is as fans that we are, we are allowed to ask questions and have inquiry around Matthysse seemingly looking different or more dominant in course of two years that created his career resurgence.

Daps
Newz.....put the pom pom's down breh:scust:......seriously, what kind of response are you expecting?.....nobody from #matthysemafia is claiming lucas is some pound 4 pound king. we know he's had his share of disappointments. but nevertheless, prov and peterson>>>>AB's resume. and you know it yourself. I don't understand....are you referring to the PED allegations?....if so, that's even cornier. lucas has already taken part in random testing, including his very last fight in which he left prov pissing straight black. does that sound like a man who lost power?....is this really the route you're taking now?.....accusing a fighter of taking ped's for no reason except that he rehydrated 20 lbs in one fight vs mike dallas jr?......aint nobody gonna give it a serious response cause it don't deserve one. it's clown shyt. if we tell you matthyse took random testing, you'll just say "b b but he lost power".....yea tell that to provodnikov who prolly couldn't walk right for weeks. or danny who's mouthpiece got sent into the 10th row. the shyt's not even good trollin, it's just weak. somebody refuses random testing. he's dirty. a fighter agrees to it, passes, and you still find a way to call him dirty. like I said....corny.
You can take PEDs and have long benefits from the growth of lean muscle, so even if you're not on it prior to a said fight years of abuse could create such a paradox, bruh

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
@Newzz again thats @TheLukieBaby opinion...i support both imam and lucas..im not going to shyt on one of them to big up the other..but right now lucas is the face of 140 who has faced and beaten better comp; imam is the young understudy who will eventually do so...now if it was something like lucas vs karim mayfield then you'd hear me say lucas sends karim's awkward self to the bushes within 5 which is believable...then id throw shots that mayfield and broner are currently in the same lower tier at 140 but even mayfield has a better win at 140 than all of broner's 140 fights :youngsabo:

but that is not the case..i stay neutral on his comments about lucas just like you did with broner-porter..except porter should be your avi since you claim to be down with him as well rather than the joker in there now

he is slightly but everyone still favors crawford in that matchup.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Spence got caught with a wide hook at the end of the 7th round that wobbled him.

round ended..but look like he recovered good...thats why i didn't remember it.

the first shot that took him down , he was just off balance .

larley was just so quik n little ...his attributes gave spence problems in spots.

but spence was just loading/telegraphing punches looking for a big shot. he fought very wild.

he way better than this now....thats was like in 2013. expected from a young prospect.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
BGB%2BBHOP%2Bsitting%2Bgif.gif

Matthysse is a puncher, he will always hit hard, but he has not shown since Peterson one punch explosive power, he now is more of a guy who beats fighters down takes them to hell and beats on them to a decision or an accumulation stoppage. In my opinion, both Danny and Matthysse left a lot in the ring after that fight and neither have looked good.

As for Molina that is what your suppose to do, Molina was a hand selected opponent for Matthysse to get a knockout or devastating win on a card that was supposed to be all showcases. The fact that Molina dropped him twice was eye opening since Molina has three punches pawing jab, overhand right and left hook. Matthysse did what was needed, but ask any matchmaker if that was suppose to happen, no! Matthysse got the W, beat on Molina, but also got into a fight of the year when he was suppose to get 6-8 rounds of work and look like the monster he had been built up to be. The problem was he looked more human than ever.

Ruslan is a guy who breaks people at the highest level, not a one punch knockout guy. He got two flash knockdowns on Algieri, but outside of that the Alvarado knockdowns were more of a slow steady pressure put upon him. Matthysse has had three fights since a John Molina fight in which he was dropped twice and rallied back, a fight you probably don't remember against Roberto Garcia on a Broner undercard and fight with Ruslan in probably Ruslan's last career fight in which he stood in the pocket and traded with Ruslan for the last half of the fight knocking more years of his career. So now we applaud people for having dumb game plans and not getting dropped, rather than looking at sort of the obvious, a slow and steady decline for a guy as you said "isn't a master boxer".

@ChocolateGiddyUp

f86.gif

Actually Matthysse isn't just a 1-2 machine, he does do subtle things, but oddly - sort of like Danny in a way. For example, he likes to throw rights to the body to step up a check left hook or turning his opponent into his power hand with ugly, but sneaky and effective footwork. Matthysse's greatest strength is that he doesn't make boxing look good and he seems like he isn't good when you watch him, but he knows what he is doing and very awkward and for about a year or so seemed to have legit one punch power. That is what scared everyone, an awkward guy with some ability to box and one punch KO power.

As for the PEDs can you explain the weight fluxuation, people in Matthysse's camp talking about how his power changed during the course of camp as well as body fat percentage despite changing much in training as they trained side by side to emulate others styles, his inability to drop Ruslan after VADA testing in camp (don't give me he hurt him, because Bradley hurt Ruslan) or the fact that he took a known PED that oxidizes muscles and allows higher output prior to Dallas Jr. fight

tumblr_ly9nv1WymE1qele60.gif

As for "he drops every fighter he has faced" that is my point who has he faced? Eric Gomez is a great matchmaker since he built a fighter the right way and the booking has you a bit fooled, because he was created the way you develop boxers into stars.

I think the big question is as fans that we are, we are allowed to ask questions and have inquiry around Matthysse seemingly looking different or more dominant in course of two years that created his career resurgence.

slow-clap-o.gif

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I knew my ninja :youngsabo: @mr. smoke weed would go hard for Matthysse N actually address what was said ....instead of jumping to conclusions N shooting the messengers

Said it during the Great Stan War of 2013 N I say it again....he's the only #matthyssemafia member I respect N doesn't let Swift hate consume him :salute:
:myman: