Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Daps
cause we dont know where his chin or heart at
Both chin and heart are overrated to a certain extent since most boxing fans don't know what they're watching. You need an adequate chin, one that'll hold up, but the d has to be there. I notice a lot of weight shifting with Imam as while he is closing space he is still generating power transferring weight from the front to back foot. He has a bad habit of keeping his lead hand low, but also believes in his right strongly I believe he keeps it low to bait you into exchange. He has shown against rugged guys, guys who head butt, elbow and just try hurt you, but not win that he can stay composed and fight of the ropes and fight in different ways.

Now let's look at Matthysse, a fighter who was a journey for most of his career before a resurgence that also saw him rehydrate 20 lbs overnight (PED red flag FYI). "The Matthysse run" was a close fight to Devon Alexander that many felt he should of won yet lost, losing a close fight to Zab Judah then beating Humberto Soto, a guy who your supposed to beat at this level, Mike Dallas Jr. who had a full time job with benefits and took the fight on short notice, Ajose Olusegun, a fighter we never saw win on network TV or I can't remember at least and LaMont Peterson.

The Peterson win was good, but notice the drop off in power with drug testing for the Garcia fight....hmmmm... On top of that when we look at his wins you notice one thing, he beats guys with no power, but seems to struggle when he is kept in the center of the ring and Imam would have a reach advantage and has a trickier right hand than Ruslan and Molina. Oh and let's not forget, guys like Matthysse, one class above brawlers get old over night. In fact, I think it'll be a non-issue since Postol should outbox him fairly easily after the third or fourth round.

To think Ruslan has any chance is fool hearted since Angulo presented a similar style. Ruslan is showing signs of wear and tear, not throwing as many punches and coming in with all heart. Imam turns over his punches well and would cause problems for Ruslan since his head movement isn't notable and accurate punches with snap will open up those scars over his eyes once again.

Imam isn't the best fighter in the world, but he isn't one anyone is eager to fight.

As to why he didn't call out Crawford, he has a Showtime exclusive contract notice the fight he has been on Wilder and Chavez Jr. undercards. What sense is it to call out the other networks biggest young gun knowing damn well you're locked in with the rival.

Please refer to the post above

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
Both chin and heart are overrated to a certain extent since most boxing fans don't know what they're watching. You need an adequate chin, one that'll hold up, but the d has to be there. I notice a lot of weight shifting with Imam as while he is closing space he is still generating power transferring weight from the front to back foot. He has a bad habit of keeping his lead hand low, but also believes in his right strongly I believe he keeps it low to bait you into exchange. He has shown against rugged guys, guys who head butt, elbow and just try hurt you, but not win that he can stay composed and fight of the ropes and fight in different ways.

Now let's look at Matthysse, a fighter who was a journey for most of his career before a resurgence that also saw him rehydrate 20 lbs overnight (PED red flag FYI). "The Matthysse run" was a close fight to Devon Alexander that many felt he should of won yet lost, losing a close fight to Zab Judah then beating Humberto Soto, a guy who your supposed to beat at this level, Mike Dallas Jr. who had a full time job with benefits and took the fight on short notice, Ajose Olusegun, a fighter we never saw win on network TV or I can't remember at least and LaMont Peterson.

The Peterson win was good, but notice the drop off in power with drug testing for the Garcia fight....hmmmm... On top of that when we look at his wins you notice one thing, he beats guys with no power, but seems to struggle when he is kept in the center of the ring and Imam would have a reach advantage and has a trickier right hand than Ruslan and Molina. Oh and let's not forget, guys like Matthysse, one class above brawlers get old over night. In fact, I think it'll be a non-issue since Postol should outbox him fairly easily after the third or fourth round.

To think Ruslan has any chance is fool hearted since Angulo presented a similar style. Ruslan is showing signs of wear and tear, not throwing as many punches and coming in with all heart. Imam turns over his punches well and would cause problems for Ruslan since his head movement isn't notable and accurate punches with snap will open up those scars over his eyes once again.

Imam isn't the best fighter in the world, but he isn't one anyone is eager to fight.

As to why he didn't call out Crawford, he has a Showtime exclusive contract notice the fight he has been on Wilder and Chavez Jr. undercards. What sense is it to call out the other networks biggest young gun knowing damn well you're locked in with the rival.

Please refer to the post above

why is keeping your left hand low a bad habit? hes obviously been taught well. hes not just standing square on and leaving his left hand low. most of the best technical boxers of all time kept their left hand low. the only reason people seem to believe you need to keep both hands up is because of the popularity of mike tyson. cus d'amato was the first person to teach having both hands up to your head.

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
muhammad ali hit bob foster with a lot of right hands. he knocked foster out with a right hand. muhammad ali and bob foster were the same height. they were 6'3 and when they got in the ring foster was about 5'8. he got hit with so many right hands because he fought with his hands down at his waist and you can't shoulder roll a right hand coming down at you. ali pinned his head down with his jab and just dropped right hands over and over on foster.

ali was 40lbs heavier than bob foster who walked around at 175-180lbs. fighting with your hands up doesnt make you harder to hit. at all. i know this from first hand experience.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
10334252_404154783117343_4307217236532904426_n.jpg

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

The Peterson win was good, but notice the drop off in power with drug testing for the Garcia fight....hmmmm... On top of that when we look at his wins you notice one thing, he beats guys with no power, but seems to struggle when he is kept in the center of the ring

Sad #MatthysseMafia :mjcry:

Matthysse showing signs of PED usage during his run though:wow:

I never considered that:lupe:

Oh and let's not forget, guys like Matthysse, one class above brawlers get old over night. In fact, I think it'll be a non-issue since Postol should outbox him fairly easily after the third or fourth round.

Yep. I told @mr. smoke weed to don't be surprised if Matthysse loses that fight:obama:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
So #matthyssemafia jus goin get shytted on like that N not say nothin back :dead:

PED accusations
Resume trashed
One class above brawler
Easily outboxed by Postol

So Vulgar :scusthov:

Bu-bu-but only #swiftset and #BandCamp (I don't like how #AboutBillions sounds for a crew:camby:) feel that way about The Maid Of Honor:mjcry:

@TheLukieBaby just dropped bombs like Flex on the entire #MatthysseMafia:wow: