Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
ive never seen foster consistently hit with overhand rights in all the footage ive seen of him. i just disagree that hes open to it.
muhammad ali hit bob foster with a lot of right hands. he knocked foster out with a right hand. muhammad ali and bob foster were the same height. they were 6'3 and when they got in the ring foster was about 5'8. he got hit with so many right hands because he fought with his hands down at his waist and you can't shoulder roll a right hand coming down at you. ali pinned his head down with his jab and just dropped right hands over and over on foster.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
TMZ previously reported that there was some bad blood between the two, with Berto claiming the undisputed pound-for-pound king was prank calling him, and he believes it was over a woman.
Wtf?:what:
Are they 15 years old?

Many fans feel that the fight didn’t live up to its name dubbed the “Fight of the Century.” As a result, it’s rumored that this fight could air on network television as a give back to fans who forked over as much a $100 to watch the fight.
:duck: This fight is going to be on CBS because everyone involved anticipated that the follow-up PPV to the bullshyt Pacquiao matchup was going to deliver embarrassing PPV buy numbers. Its a way to save face while acting like it is being done "for the fans".

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

giphy.gif

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
#axeposse

You have a case only because Team Loma fukked up with saying this:

“Walters is not interesting for Lomachenko, as he lost his title on scale,” Egis Klimas, Lomachenko‘s manager, told RingTV.com. “He did not make weight. We are not interested [in] preparing for the bout and not knowing if opponent going to make weight and [then] going into ring with welterweight (On the night of the Marriaga fight Walters weighed in at the welterweight limit).”

Of course, the two-time Olympic gold medalist also fought an over-the-weight Orlando Salido in his second pro outing and has doubtlessly learned from that experience.

Klimas didn’t rule the fight out further down the road: “The day will come when Lomachenko will move to 130-pound division and the bout with Walters can be made.”

So where does that leave the uber-talented Ukrainian?

“[The] next bout for him possibility according to Bob Arum is in Dubai sometime [in] November,” he said. “As far as opponents, [the] matchmakers at Top Rank are looking [at] all possibilities.

“[The] problem is Vasyl wants to fight only champions at 126 pounds and [there are] not many available to step in the ring with him.”

But then calling out Rigo who has 2 belts, but none at Featherweight, and rehydrates only to a Super Featherweight, while Loma rehydrates to a Junior Welterweight.

It's basically trying to do the exact same to Rigo as you claim Walters was trying to do to you (fight at 126 limit with only 1 belt on the line, and the naturally bigger fighter outweighing the other by 10+ lbs on fight night)

Spade a Spade.....Loma should've accepted the rehydration clause, because now Walters doesnt have too AND I believe Walters will stay at 126 and not move up to 130:yeshrug:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
You have a case only because Team Loma fukked up with saying this:

But then calling out Rigo who has 2 belts, but none at Featherweight, and rehydrates only to a Super Featherweight, while Loma rehydrates to a Junior Welterweight.

It's basically trying to do the exact same to Rigo as you claim Walters was trying to do to you (fight at 126 limit with only 1 belt on the line, and the naturally bigger fighter outweighing the other by 10+ lbs on fight night)

Spade a Spade.....Loma should've accepted the rehydration clause, because now Walters doesnt have too AND I believe Walters will stay at 126 and not move up to 130:yeshrug:

we finally agree.....!

url

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Paulie Malignaggi STILL going in on Manny Pacquiao and accusing him of being a cheater

"I stand by my comments on Manny Pacquiao. I feel like what I've stated is the case. I have an educated opinion behind my reasoning of why I feel that way. I didn't just come out of it and pull it out of my ass. There has been a lot of great fighters in my generation and past generations. I didn't just single out Manny Pacquiao for a certain reason. I singled out Manny Pacquioa because to me it was very clear that there was something very fishy about him," Malignaggi explained to BoxingScene.com.

"That's what it is to me and I'm allowed to make my opinions. I'm allowed to speculate, especially with what I know about boxing. My boxing IQ is far superior to anyone else that I ever speak to. I'm very confident in my boxing IQ. I'm very confident in the things I see. I've seen a lot of great fighters and I've never said anything about them - in regard to what I've said about Manny Pacquiao."

"Maybe there have been other fighters who have not been clean in boxing, but for me it didn't stand out like it did with Manny Pacquiao. For me, for what I think, for what I'm thinking I'm seeing - Manny Pacquiao is just a spitting face [of not being clean]. You have to be a moron not to see what I've seen - or you just don't want to believe it. Maybe he's your hero and you don't want to believe a guy like that would want to do something like that. To each their own, we're all entitled to our own opinion. You're entitled to your prerogative. And that's my prerogative and my opinion of Pacquiao. I just didn't pull it out of my ass."

"I respect Freddie Roach and still believe that he's one of the better trainers in the sport. I really do feel that at day's end, that Freddie will never admit it publicly - but Freddie was a fighter just like I was a fighter and because of that I feel like he knows. Any fighter knows what I'm talking about and agrees with what I'm talking about. They just don't want the controversy of making those comments public. I don't care about the controversy. Either way, its my opinion and I'm entitled to it."

Malignaggi Stands Firm That Pacquiao Was Dirty, Cheated

Brehs.......Manny Pacquiao hasnt gotten a KO win in 6 years come November:lupe: