Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Breh you acting like these the only guys they ever fought so go head with that. Rios is a good opponent for Brook but he's really a 140lber :yeshrug:
You know tim would fight whoever as well breh

I know exactly who Tim has fought...I ain't a Bradley hater but His last three opp been underwhelming... Am I blaming Tim Nope....cuz I know Bob plans these things out

Same way how all of a sudden there's a problem making Rios vs Brook cuz Arum got a ppv in Mexico he trying to do :mjlol:

Brook & Hearn talking bout fighting on PBC if the Rios fight falls thru...They've talked bout fighting Bradley like a week ago

Its obvious to me Bob has Zero plans of a Bradley vs Brook fight this year

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
so basically the year after next.
exactly :heh:

He says when Quigg is a ppv fighter it will happen

but Quigg has a small fanbase in the UK, this guy keeps trying to only make good fights for fukking ppv

Rigo fight wont happen its just hearn and hyde making headlines, Rigo doesn't even fukk with Hyde anymore

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Kell Brook return pushed back, Eddie Hearn ponders late October
Kell Brook return pushed back, Eddie Hearn ponders late October

Gervonta Davis: Floyd Mayweather believes I can be the next big star
Gervonta Davis: Floyd Mayweather believes I can be the next big star

this day in boxing series.

july 14

paul's volume punching.........:whew:

july 15

july 17

2001: WBC Super Welterweight champion Oscar De La Hoya settles out of court with a woman who alleged in a civil suit that the boxer raped her in 1996 at the Mexican resort of Cabo San Lucas. The terms of the settlement were not announced

:huhldup: anybody got the full story on this fukkery!

july 18

2000: The Nevada State Athletic Commission files a complaint against Bob Arum, based on the testimony the promoter gave at the racketeering trial of IBF President Bob Lee. Arum admitted under oath that he paid Lee a $100,000 bribe.

:mjpls:

july 19

july 20

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
exactly :heh:

He says when Quigg is a ppv fighter it will happen

but Quigg has a small fanbase in the UK, this guy keeps trying to only make good fights for fukking ppv

Rigo fight wont happen its just hearn and hyde making headlines, Rigo doesn't even fukk with Hyde anymore
and add the fact that Rigo is linked to anything ppv, hearns having a cheeky giggle.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@hyperman25

I wanted to comment on your Top 10 Super Middleweight list; you have Calzaghe ranked ahead of Toney and Ward. Calzaghe’s 2 biggest wins are against Jeff Lacy and Mikkel Kessler (fighter’s in their prime). at 168 Toney beat Barkley, Dewitt, Williams, Thornton and Tim Littles. Andre Ward won the Super 6 tournament and then gave an undefeated Chad Dawson the business. Based on your criteria I just don’t understand…Calzaghe’s career is filled with an abundance of misses! Joe won the title in 1997 and didn’t fight stiff competition for almost the next ten years. If not for fighting Hopkins, Jones and Eubanks late, he has never be a HOF. To Andre Ward, if Ward stopped boxing today…”he has a better resume than Calzaghe. More accomplished fighters beaten in their prime or undefeated (Ward). Please help me understand?

C/Hawk

Bread’s Response: You know what you have a great argument and I could have easily put Toney or Ward at #2. It does take away from Calzaghe’s legacy that he waited so long to come over to the states. It’s a serious knock. The guy finished 46-0 and it actually goes overlooked a little bit because a large portion of his reign went unnoticed. But he was a little more consistent than Toney and he has some underrated victories that people forget. Charles Brewer and a young Sakio Bika were “real” fights vs real men. But overall Toney, Ward and Calazghe are interchangeable in that #2 spot. I just gave Joe the edge because of longevity and looking back on the Hopkins victory now it he gets a little more credit because in 2008 Hopkins still had a great deal left in the tank. Hopkins defeated Pavlik AFTER he fought Calzaghe and won the lightheavyweight title 2 more times.

Daily Bread Mailbag: GGG-Hopkins, Mayweather-Thurman

:mjpls:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Bread comments on Paulie Malignaggi's "boxing acumen", whether Garcia is a 1 handed fighter or not, and how to be effective against Garcia.:

Paulie is super sharp when it comes to boxing. I have talked to him several times. Now whether he can see those same things in the ring and exploit them is a different story.

I don’t think Danny is a one handed fighter. I think he favors his left hook. But Danny has a good looping right hand also. Watch him close. The hook is just usually the clean up shot he brings AFTER his body is torqued over from a thrown right hand. I think Danny will need a solid plan in this fight. Sometimes in his fights where he doesn’t have an obvious role is where he struggles.

Look at the Matthysse fight…In that fight Danny was the clear boxer. He didn’t have to think about it his role so he prospered. In the Khan fight, he was the attacker. He didn’t have to think about it.

Now look at the Peterson fight. Peterson at times boxed then at times he attacked and Danny was a little confused. Look at the Herrera fight. At times Herrera attacked at time he boxed. Danny was a little confused. I know I went deep but look closely. You will see what I mean.

The bottom line is Paulie has to confuse Danny in order to be effective. We know Paulie is a boxer but you can box with different temperaments. You can box aggressively and you can box relaxed and passive. Paulie has to change the mood of the fight and not let Danny set in a groove, where he times him. I know Danny is the favorite but I am actually looking forward to the fight.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Breadman speaks on Keith Thurman vs Errol Spence, who would win, and if Spence deserves the fight:

I think Floyd is putting on his promoter hat and he knows Thurman vs Spence is a very good fan friendly fight. He’s obviously backing Spence and I agree with him, Spence wins. But being able to beat someone and deserving a fight are two different things.

Unfortunately for Spence he has not defeated one fighter in the top 20, No ex world champions and no recognizable names. So in my opinion it’s an easy argument for Thurman.

If Floyd can say Thurman does not deserve a fight with him then Thurman can say Spence does not deserve a fight with him. If Spence had a Devon Alexander, Andre Berto, Paulie Malignaggi, Robert Guerrero under his belt and possibly an undefeated prospect like Sammy Vasquez then I would be beating the drums for the kid. I’m not implying he should have to fight all of them in order to get a title shot but 1 or 2 of them would suffice. Spence does not have one…..

I don’t think Thurman can get 10 million for the fight but I definitely think he needs to be paid to make a voluntary defense, against a kid who does not really deserve the fight, that will probably beat him. Keith will be in a tough spot if he fights Errol Spence.