Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Hows it not true? These dudes are fighting more bums. Sure we see them four times, but if only 1 of those four times is a good fight how will a casual know when its a good one?

Hopkins is shytting on nikkas for doing the same EXACT shyt he was doing

Mario Kart N Shumenov :comeon:

He's shytting on PBC for their fights made this year N biggin up GBPs fights made this year...

Cuz Canelo v Kirkland... Lundy v Herrera...Lemeiux v Ndam are great fights the public been asking for :camby:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

He's shytting on PBC for their fights made this year N biggin up GBPs fights made this year...

Cuz Canelo v Kirkland... Lundy v Herrera...Lemeiux v Ndam are great fights the public been asking for :camby:

This fight and Cotto vs Geale are the best fights of the year I've seen so far :manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This fight and Cotto vs Geale are the best fights of the year I've seen so far :manny:

Is Canelo vs Kirkland not the same type of "mismatches" people bytch N moan about PBC doing

Yea it was entertaining... But Muhfukkers talking bout cherries N legacy N then make a fight with Kirkland who was over 200 pounds...had one fight in two years N wasn't trained by Wolfe :beli:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Breh Lemieux ndam was a great fight

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dan say some of the most silliest shyt sometimes.

He thinks Sergio is a 1st ballot HOF and more deserving than Forrest :wtf: I don't see how sergios resume is any better than vernons.

Vernon
Beat a Prime Mosley 2x (was p4p #1 for the 1st fight)
Vince Phillips, Baldomir and past prime Quartey aint that bad of a set of wins.
2 Division champ (147,154)

Sergio
Beat a Prime Punisher, Pavlik (Wasn't the same after Hopkins), Macklin, Murray and Chavez aint bad
Unified Champ at 160

Fat dan:mjpls:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Breh Lemieux ndam was a great fight

So was Kid Choc vs Ndam

Was Kid Choc vs Ndam praised or was it a Haymon cherry pick?

We not talking about what was entertaining N what wasnt

Arreola vs the oline nikka on Spike was a fun ass fight too...but guess what its not praised as an awesome action packed fight

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Dog Walters looked like he was fighting a dude multiple divisions smaller than him with Marriaga plus he played those scale games. Breh was getting caught flush the first 6 rounds.

and loma got caught flush plenty of times vs salido.

everytime salido came in to do legit clean inside fighting he held. he cant fight on the inside that good.(ill pull up the gif)

open to the same righthook n body shots all night long. his defense aint all that.

when have i ever said walters was good defensely? lol never.

he recoverd fast from all the times he was buzzed n proceeded to whoop ass.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Walters is a good fighter, I don't think anyone would deny that. Loma vs. Walters would be a great fight, I don't think anyone will deny that.
Loma is a tough one because he immediately went straight into fighting guys most fighters due in their prime and he did it after one fight from turning pro. Salido gave Loma a lesson on what it is like to fight in a pro fight vs. amateur fight. I think most would agree that if the fight took place now, Loma would win convincingly. Loma was so seasoned as a amateur he didn't want that build up and it cost him. Also though, matching Loma against build up opponents would have been worthless because Loma would have won those easily. He should have been fighting more talented guys than what is normal, but Salido was maybe just too "veteran".
The GRJ win was a good win, but not without flaws. He definitely was seen as having the potential to be a top player at 126, but he had been criticized for not moving his own career along fast enough. GRJ's strengths were supposed to be his boxing ability and speed and Loma completely negated that and dominated.
For most Marriaga was deemed as a good opponent, but his true quality is probably up in the air. He himself hadn't had a real fighter list to know what his true value was. And sometimes KO% isn't always the best judge of power. Many fighters say Arthur Abraham is the hardest puncher they have faced, but his KO% wouldn't tell you that. Like my Diego Chavez example sometimes guys have KO power against lesser opponents, but when you face top competition (and Walters is top competition) your power isn't the same. Maybe it is legit too. I think Walters takes a decent punch. Donaire hurt him, but there is no doubt Donaire can crack - even though Donaire has a similar KO% to Abraham.
It sounds like Walters is more likely to move up to 130, I have long said Walters looked big at 126. I kind of think the size difference between Rigo vs. Loma and Loma vs. Walters is the same. Both fights one fighter will be reasonably bigger than the other. From my standpoint I prefer to see Rigo vs. Loma, because you have two of the greatest amateur fighters ever and from a technical skill standpoint they are 2 of the most skillfully talented fighters in boxing (along with Mayweather and Ward).
:manny:

was grj resume really that great when he fought loma? it really better than marriaga's?

dont write a long anwser...

just say yes or no.

thanks.