Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
ggg gets hit.....its alright .

thurman gets hit ........its alright .

wilder gets hit......hes a bum.

i think it has to do with people mind already being made up about certain fighters.

i have criticized both guys who i like,walters n crawford, for getting hit. especially walters cause he gets hits too much imo. i realize everyone gets hit even(may,pernell n benitez) but you have to really limit that shyt as much as you can. no1 rule is to hit n dont get hit imo.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

i think it has to do with people mind already being made up about certain fighters.

i have criticized both guys who i like,walters n crawford, for getting hit. especially walters cause he gets hits too much imo. i realize everyone gets hit even(may,pernell n benitez) but you have to really limit that shyt as much as you can. no1 rule is to hit n dont get hit imo.

EXACTLY... Imagine AB or Swift getting hurt by Collazo like that this place :beli:

Wilder got hit in the mouth played it cautious for a Rd

Thurman took a body shot ran N held

Go look back at the Wilder Comments N Compare to the comments Keith caught :what:

Thats boxing tho :yeshrug:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

I dislike every fighter mentioned in your post

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
EXACTLY... Imagine AB or Swift getting hurt by Collazo like that this place :beli:

Wilder got hit in the mouth played it cautious for a Rd

Thurman took a body shot ran N held

Go look back at the Wilder Comments N Compare to the comments Keith caught :what:

Thats boxing tho :yeshrug:

To be fair he was running way before he got hit :sas1:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Thurman asking a lot for Errol Spence fight

One way for fighters to avoid tough and risky fights is for them to price themselves out of the fight by asking for too much money for a fight is worth. That seems to be what WBA “regular” welterweight champion Keith Thurman (26-0, 22 KOs) is doing by asking for $10 million for him to consider facing unbeaten Errol Spence Jr. (17-0, 14 KOs) on September 12th.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. politely offered the 26-year-old Thurman a chance to fight on his undercard on 9/12 if he’d agree to fight the 25-year-old Spence Jr. for one of his welterweight titles. Instead of thanking Mayweather and taking the fight, Thurman is biting the hand that feeds by saying he doesn’t want to fight Spence. He wants to fight Mayweather. But if he does fight Spence, he’ll need to get $10 million.

What Thurman doesn’t seem to understand is that Mayweather was likely throwing him a bone by giving him a hint what he needs to do in order for him to get a fight against him in 2016. But by Thurman giving Mayweather a flat out rejection to the offer, he likely has closed the door for any chances of him getting a big money fight against Mayweather in the future.

“If he wants to offer anything, he can offer $10 million in his bank account if he wants to offer something,” Thurman said about Mayweather’s offer for him to fight Spence.

“Floyd fights for the money. He wants to make a good fight happen. Throw some dollar bills. He [Spence] needs to earn the shot. Have I not earned that respect in the welterweight division?”

Thurman is saying all of this now, as if he’s been fighting top caliber guys, which he clearly hasn’t, but watch who Thurman will be facing in his next later this year. I’d be surprised if it’s not another old timer or another weak puncher. Thurman is not fighting any of the dangerous welterweights, and it looks like he’s being matched this way on purpose in order to keep him winning.

Thurman would likely accept an offer of $1.5 million from Mayweather for the Spence fight, but that would be way too much given the fact that Spence isn’t well-known and neither is Thurman. One thing for sure is that Thurman isn’t going to get a fight against

Mayweather with the way he’s turning down a fight against Spence.

“That boy don’t want it in the near future,” Thurman said about a fight against Spence.

“His uncle Floyd, who adopted him, told him to make that statement. If he really wanted to make that statement, he wouldn’t have stuttered when he said it. Let’s be honest. He is a young, talented fighter. I sound like Floyd right now, right?”

http://www.sportsnews24.com/boxing-mma/thurman-asking-a-lot-for-errol-spence-fight/7847

Last edited: