Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
May just came off beating Pac

Now he's gonna be able to flex some of his technical skills on free TV against Berto to get his 49th :ehh:

Who else was he gonna fight that he wouldn't be able to face next May? Not Khan nor Brook nor Porter nor Thurman are going to be unavailable in a year, and after a fairly lackluster year for all of them, it only makes sense that they'd be given an extra year to build themselves up as more legitimate contenders for the 50th fight.

I fukk with this, and I actually look forward to seeing Berto get that Haymon check.:obama:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
May just came off beating Pac

Now he's gonna be able to flex some of his technical skills on free TV against Berto to get his 49th :ehh:

Who else was he gonna fight that he wouldn't be able to face next May? Not Khan nor Brook nor Porter nor Thurman are going to be unavailable in a year, and after a fairly lackluster year for all of them, it only makes sense that they'd be given an extra year to build themselves up as more legitimate contenders for the 50th fight.

I fukk with this, and I actually look forward to seeing Berto get that Haymon check.:obama:

them nikkas need to fight each other.

pbc tournament rough draft .....

brook vs khan

> winner vs winner

keith vs porter

> reg champ A

vs > super champ tournament winner vs Mayweather fall '16.

> reg champ B

garica vs alexander

> winner vs winner

lamont v solomon

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
The 2nd coming of Sugar Ray Leonard Terence Crawford?

crawford actually is like hagler with the changes from orthodox to southpaw simultaneously in fights. hes not as good at it as marvin though .

he looks a bit like hearns too at certain angles..

he has a long way to go to be compared to srl...not even floyd is on the 4horsemen level as of legacy imo.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Sh @ Khan. You were making too many demands you stupid as negga. Berto played his position well and been nothing but professional. Smh at that negga saying he heard it's Berto when Virgil told him he's gonna be training Berto full time the next couple of weeks. Berto is such a class act. He will not even respond to Khan hating on his biggest accomplishment.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
@InvictusAeternusEternus in lieu of an announcement most likely coming soon...do you want to do the next floyd fight thread?

If you ever let anybody make that Berto thread I'll take 30 days off from work just to follow you around and call you a fakkit

Edit: Pat u are a faghit for even thinking of doing it.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Mayweather Sr urges son to retire rather than take easy fights

While the boxing world awaits Floyd Mayweather's announcement on his opponent for a fight eight weeks from Saturday, his father questioned over the weekend whether he should bother.

Mayweather has a Sept. 12 fight pending but his father, who also trains him, warned that boxing powers may be politically inclined to hasten his fall from the unbeatens, if an opportunity presents itself, after a May 2 win over Manny Pacquiao produced far more profits than action.

"If he don't stop, it's showing — the analysts, everybody, they don't like Floyd. When it goes like this, it's just a matter of time. They're looking for the next guy," Floyd Mayweather Sr. said.

The younger Mayweather has said his September fight could be his last.

He is 38 years old and unbeaten in a brilliant 48-fight, 19-year career.

Mayweather Sr. said, "Floyd told me he just wants to get a couple of easy fights," which would suggest his son intends to fight into 2016.

"My honest opinion, if he feels that way, he should get on out of the game," Mayweather Sr. added.

Mayweather Sr. said he isn't as concerned about the belated fight announcement as his son's clearly fading interest in boxing.

"Anybody's body, 20 years, anybody's body gets tired — and it's been every day of 20 years, and longer, for my son," he said.

1500x500

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
hating ass froch.....he know good and well ward the best overall.

Best I Faced: Carl Froch

BEST SKILLS
Andre Dirrell and Andre Ward: Dirrell was good boxing at range, and Ward is intelligent up close. Those two are standout.

BEST JAB
Ward: That is a key weapon for him, and he hooks well off the jab as well. He caught me with a lot of jabs in our fight and works that shot well to the body and head. He’s also careful not to leave himself open when he jabs to the body, like I do sometimes. He gets in and gets out.

BEST DEFENSE
Ward: He nullifies opponents and takes away your advantages. He beat me fair and square, and always finds a way to win, but I wasn’t switched on when we met the first time. Look at what I’ve done since that fight – five wins and four knockouts against top opposition. People say Ward outclassed me, but two of the judges had the fight 115-113 for a reason. Hypothetically, if a rematch ever happened in England, then I’m confident I could give him a good pasting. He made our fight boring, but I know what has to be done to make it exciting. As I said, though, television isn’t interested and neither are the fans.

BEST CHIN
Glen Johnson: He was never in trouble, and I hit him with some really heavy digs. I saw him coming, set my feet, hit him with combinations, reset myself and hammered him with more big shots. All of that and he was going nowhere. He was switched on that night, because the prize was a huge fight with Ward, so I had to be on form.

BEST PUNCHER
Robin Reid: He hurt me the most with a single shot. I can’t say George Groves because he caught me square on in the first fight, when I left my feet behind me. That was a heavy knockdown made worse by my balance being off. Also, after his fast start dwindled, I came on strong, so I can’t say Groves. I remember Reid hitting me and saying, ‘F—ing hell, that hurt.’ Jermain Taylor had me down, but that was more of a sharp shot. Robin Reid could really bang, and in my opinion he deserved the win over Joe Calzaghe in their fight. That said, Calzaghe had to be tough to walk through the right hands he took from Reid.

FASTEST HANDS
Dirrell: Dirrell was like lightning. He was fast, athletic, good on his feet and he could bang. Dirrell perhaps lacked the mindset for the game, and without that you’re just a fancy sports car, running on empty. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

FASTEST FEET
Dirrell: He fought scared, and I think I got into his head a bit during the buildup. It was close on the scoring because of his movement, but I just kept applying the pressure. Dirrell was never the same after that fight, although he was looking great against Arthur Abraham before being knocked out illegally. Andre Dirrell was a very good fighter – amateur and professional.

SMARTEST
Ward: He’s good at what he does, very effective, and he knows how to beat you in a bore-fest. He’s able to get off what works best for him, which is very clever. It’s just unfortunate that nobody wants to watch Andre Ward fight. I could do far better against him in a rematch, but I don’t have the motivation, and nobody is demanding it now.

STRONGEST
No one in particular: There’s honestly not one name that sticks out here. Arthur Abraham was strong, but he couldn’t hit me. Mikkel Kessler and Jean Pascal were strong. At that level, they’re all f—ing strong, let’s be honest.

BEST OVERALL
Mikkel Kessler: He’s the best all-rounder. He can box, punch, fight up close, and his jab is excellent. The reason his jab is so effective is because he’s left-handed but fights orthodox. Kessler has good defense, but he’ll stand there and have a fight with you. He is one very tough man and took great shots from me in both our fights.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/394351-best-i-faced-carl-froch

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
If you ever let anybody make that Berto thread I'll take 30 days off from work just to follow you around and call you a fakkit

Edit: Pat u are a faghit for even thinking of doing it.

because of the nonsensical buffoonish clusterfukk that was the pac-floyd fight thread i wanted a floyd stan who just stans and has never uttered any racial nonsense in their posts

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Klitschko could get Deontay Wilder fight straightaway in 2016

If IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (64-3, 53 KOs) gets past his next opponent Tyson Fury (24-0, 18 KOs) on October 24th in Dusseldorf, Germany, Wladimir could face WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (34-0, 33 KO) straightway at the start of 2016.

In other words, Klitschko won’t have to wait for Deontay to fulfill his obligation to fight his No.1 WBC mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin first before getting a shot at the WBC belt afterwards later in the year. World Boxing Council president Mauricio Sulaiman says he won’t stand in the way of letting the Klitschko-Wilder unification fight take place. This means Wilder can bypass Povetkin in the first quarter of 2016 in order to face Wladimir in the unification match.

“Although I am very happy with the new attention that the heavyweight division has created with Deontay Wilder, Alexander Povetkin and Anthony Joshua, Klitschko is a wonderful champion and a wonderful person,” Sulaiman said via worldboxingnews.net. “He [Klitschko] wants the WBC title so we cannot get in his way.”

This is really great news for Wilder, because Povetkin is one of the best fighters in the sports, and he’s very, very experienced. Povetkin captured a gold medal in the 2004 Olympics for Russia, and he previously held down the WBA heavyweight title until losing the belt in a 12 round decision loss to Wladimir in 2013. Beating him would be very tough for Wilder because he would need to use strategies that he hasn’t shown yet, such as constant clinching.

Wilder probably wouldn’t be able to beat Povetkin by trying to KO him, because he’s got a great chin, and he’s dangerous if you try and punch with him. Wilder also would have a tough time trying to beat Povetkin by using the constant movement that he employed in his 12 round decision win over Bermane Stiverne last January. Povetkin cuts off the ring well, and he’d find Wilder sooner or later. About the only things Wilder could do in order to beat Povetkin would be for him to jab and grab all night long just like Wladimir did in beating Povetkin two years ago in their fight in Russia.

“If the fight is on, then it would be a real pleasure for the WBC too,” Sulaiman said. “In fact, we did offer Klitschko the fight a year ago or more, but he was tied to mandatory commitments with other organizations and that is when it becomes a problem.”
It sounds like Sulaiman isn’t going to stand in Wladimir’s way for him getting a quick unification fight against Wilder in early 2016. This is really great because a fight between Wladimir and Wilder is a much bigger fight than a rematch between

Wladimir and Povetkin. If the WBC makes Wilder face Povetkin in early 2016, then there’s a good chance that Wilder will lose that fight unless he fights the perfect fight by jabbing and holding all night long. But if Wilder can go straight to a fight against Wladimir at the start of 2016, then it’s going to be a big money bout between the two tall heavyweights.

Now all Wilder and Wladimir have to do is win their next fights. That’s easier said than done for Wladimir, who has to get past the 6’9” Tyson Fury. Wladimir could lose that fight. Wilder might have a tough time too, as he could be facing Chris Arreola next.