Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Khan has plan B option in case Mayweather fight doesn’t happen
PostDateIcon.png
July 13th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 45 Comments
Share the post "Khan has plan B option in case Mayweather fight doesn’t happen"

khan5611.jpg
By Scott Gilfoid: Like all the other top welterweights in the division, Amir Khan (31-3, 19 KOs) is waiting to hear the news from Floyd Mayweather Jr. (48-0, 26 KOs) if he’s got the fight or not for September 12th. Khan has been pining away for the Mayweather fight for ages, and he’s now at the moment of truth about to find out if he’s going to hit the lottery or will be passed over for perhaps the final time.

Khan says his plan B option will be a big fight in November or December of this year. Khan says it’ll be a big fight, but it won’t be Kell Brook. Khan is saving that fight for later. He wants the Brook fight to continue to build over time. Needless to say, that’s Khan’s ace in the hole, or nuclear button he’ll push when things start looking bleak for him in terms of paydays.

The Brook fight will always be there for Khan, even if his career goes belly up. He can count on Brook throwing him a bone, because it’s not as if Brook has any interesting opponents in his weight class in the UK for him to get big money against unless he wants to bulk up to middleweight and face the likes of George Groves if he can lure him down in weight.

“If I don’t get the September fight I’d like to be back out again in November or December like normal,” Khan said to sport360.com. “I’ll be looking at those dates instead. But if I don’t get the Mayweather fight there is still no chance whatsoever that I will fight Kell Brook before the end of the year. It will have to be a big one and I’ll leave it to Al Haymon. Al will give me a call this week hopefully to let me know who it will be. It will probably be back in the States again.”

Khan says “it will have to be a big one” in talking about his next opponent, but I don’t think that’s realistic. I mean, we’ve seen the guys that Khan’s adviser Al Haymon has been matching against him for the past couple of years, and I don’t think for a second that anything is going to change in that regard. If Khan is still facing weak punchers after three solid years since his knockout loss to Danny Garcia in 2012, then it’s reasonable to assume that we’re going to see that pattern continue into the future.

As far as Khan’s plan-B opponent goes, I see it pretty much along the same lines as his last opponent Chris Algieri. I can see Haymon selecting the likes of Lamont Peterson for Khan to fight, I really do. Peterson isn’t a big puncher, he works with Haymon, and he has a previous win over Khan. I would be willing to bet that Peterson gets the fight with Khan if Mayweather decides he’s not interested in facing Khan.

Khan thinks that Mayweather is pulling his chain by making him wait this long before making his decision. Mayweather only has 8 ½ weeks to go before his September 12th fight, and he normally has picked out his opponents by this point because it hurts the pay-per-view sales to wait this long before making an announcement for the fight.

Mayweather won’t be able to do a press tour of any kind if he announces his opponent now. But if he chooses to sell the fight by saying it’s the last one of his career, then he might be able to bring in good numbers even if he makes Khan or some other contender wait until 3 to 4 weeks before the fight before he lets them know they’ve got the fight. What would be really bad is if Mayweather waits until one week before the fight before announcing his opponent. That would be cruel to the fans, cruel to his opponent and cruel to himself if he does that.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Khan has plan B option in case Mayweather fight doesn’t happen
PostDateIcon.png
July 13th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 45 Comments
Share the post "Khan has plan B option in case Mayweather fight doesn’t happen"

khan5611.jpg
By Scott Gilfoid: Like all the other top welterweights in the division, Amir Khan (31-3, 19 KOs) is waiting to hear the news from Floyd Mayweather Jr. (48-0, 26 KOs) if he’s got the fight or not for September 12th. Khan has been pining away for the Mayweather fight for ages, and he’s now at the moment of truth about to find out if he’s going to hit the lottery or will be passed over for perhaps the final time.

Khan says his plan B option will be a big fight in November or December of this year. Khan says it’ll be a big fight, but it won’t be Kell Brook. Khan is saving that fight for later. He wants the Brook fight to continue to build over time. Needless to say, that’s Khan’s ace in the hole, or nuclear button he’ll push when things start looking bleak for him in terms of paydays.

The Brook fight will always be there for Khan, even if his career goes belly up. He can count on Brook throwing him a bone, because it’s not as if Brook has any interesting opponents in his weight class in the UK for him to get big money against unless he wants to bulk up to middleweight and face the likes of George Groves if he can lure him down in weight.

“If I don’t get the September fight I’d like to be back out again in November or December like normal,” Khan said to sport360.com. “I’ll be looking at those dates instead. But if I don’t get the Mayweather fight there is still no chance whatsoever that I will fight Kell Brook before the end of the year. It will have to be a big one and I’ll leave it to Al Haymon. Al will give me a call this week hopefully to let me know who it will be. It will probably be back in the States again.”

Khan says “it will have to be a big one” in talking about his next opponent, but I don’t think that’s realistic. I mean, we’ve seen the guys that Khan’s adviser Al Haymon has been matching against him for the past couple of years, and I don’t think for a second that anything is going to change in that regard. If Khan is still facing weak punchers after three solid years since his knockout loss to Danny Garcia in 2012, then it’s reasonable to assume that we’re going to see that pattern continue into the future.

As far as Khan’s plan-B opponent goes, I see it pretty much along the same lines as his last opponent Chris Algieri. I can see Haymon selecting the likes of Lamont Peterson for Khan to fight, I really do. Peterson isn’t a big puncher, he works with Haymon, and he has a previous win over Khan. I would be willing to bet that Peterson gets the fight with Khan if Mayweather decides he’s not interested in facing Khan.

Khan thinks that Mayweather is pulling his chain by making him wait this long before making his decision. Mayweather only has 8 ½ weeks to go before his September 12th fight, and he normally has picked out his opponents by this point because it hurts the pay-per-view sales to wait this long before making an announcement for the fight.

Mayweather won’t be able to do a press tour of any kind if he announces his opponent now. But if he chooses to sell the fight by saying it’s the last one of his career, then he might be able to bring in good numbers even if he makes Khan or some other contender wait until 3 to 4 weeks before the fight before he lets them know they’ve got the fight. What would be really bad is if Mayweather waits until one week before the fight before announcing his opponent.
That would be cruel to the fans, cruel to his opponent and cruel to himself if he does that.
:why:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The road to 49-0 has begun.

http://fighthype.com/news/article21109.html

"Training camp has started," stated undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, who recently took to social media to inform his fans that he's begun training for his anticipated September 12 return to the ring. With a little over 9 weeks left to go before the fight date, the timing is right for both Mayweather and his opponent to begin camp. At this point, however, it's still not known exactly who Mayweather will be fighting.

During a recent conversation with FightHype.com, Mayweather did not reveal any hints as to who it might be. Nevertheless, it hasn't stopped him from preparing for what could very well be the final fight of his Hall of Fame career. It should be noted that the only two names that Mayweather has mentioned as potential opponents are former welterweight champion Andre Berto and contender Karim Mayfield.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Who is there to fight though?
If he had to make a fight in October who would you have him fight?

Lee looks like he just made the fight with Saunders. Froch likely won't fight him. Canelo-Cotto is set for November.

Who really is out there?
Breh when you pick your opponent in August for an October fight, you already know dude is picking someone garbage

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Just thought i'd drop this

:heh:

Whewwwwwwww that's a whole 15 minutes of quotables :mjlol: I wonder how many times Max busted in his pants during that interview.

Also seeing all those vicious KD punches in slow mo makes you wonder :patrice: dude barely get's his hip n shoulder into em and doesn't turn his hand over completely @Yuzo @krackdagawd #GGGlovetamperingboys?

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Did you skip over the part where I said a full division of guys at 168 would fight him? Or was GGG dishonest in that anyone from 154-168 can get it?

He is fighting better fighters than GGG was at his age. :sas1:

His skillset is what you have a problem with? You prefer more of a block punches with your face Mexican style skillset :patrice:

Yeah you can't use that as an excuse 168 is FULL of Euro fighters, unless team GGG were being dishonest in saying anyone from 154-168 can get it :patrice: if they were dishonest about that what else could they have been dishonest about :ohhh: could they have wanted to feast on bums for a decade :ohhh: nah all of boxing was just ducking GGG :francis:
Breh
GGG fought his toughest opponent in the Olympics when Clinton was in office :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: but now he's :whoa: about revisiting 168 fighters

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
selby or AJ i believe. maybe even brook.

also since froch retired/fight not happening , i see why degale went to haymon. walters n crawford might do the same with arum if no loma/lucas fight for them .
Breh young p4per (don't know how) Crawford don't want to see Matthyssee he ain't trying to get his eardrum blown out like Giftset

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Breh young p4per (don't know how) Crawford don't want to see Matthyssee he ain't trying to get his eardrum blown out like Giftset

hes the one tweeting it and talking about it in all his interviews. unlike khan, crawford hasnt proven to be a liar or a ducker.:manny: