Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Lara is with with PBC though...and GGG has an exclusive HBO contract. I don't think the fight gets made unless it is on HBO and Haymon ceded all involvement. Dont think it gets made.

If there was a cross promotional fight I would prefer Quillin or Jacobs.

Okay friend take a walk with your boy Krack real quick. It's now 2016 and the Canelo fight(given he beats Cotto) has came and went. He's now what 35? 36?

all these bums in ten years nikka I can divide

one was ehhhh(Murray), and the other is Canelo. That's one hot fighter every ten year average :scusthov: and that's so LAME. You can't kick knowledge when all his nikkas opponents collect garbage :francis:

Okay he is having trouble getting opponents in 2015, what happened to all those years before that :francis:

I'd like to know your opinion of Wilder while we talking friend. :sas1:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Okay friend take a walk with your boy Krack real quick. It's now 2016 and the Canelo fight(given he beats Cotto) has came and went. He's now what 35? 36?

all these bums in ten years nikka I can divide

one was ehhhh(Murray), and the other is Canelo. That's one hot fighter every ten year average :scusthov: and that's so LAME. You can't kick knowledge when all his nikkas opponents collect garbage :francis:

Okay he is having trouble getting opponents in 2015, what happened to all those years before that :francis:

I'd like to know your opinion of Wilder while we talking friend. :sas1:
#GGGoodBoys will be alright. When people decide to be serious they know that despite 160 being weak overall, GGG continues to fight top 10 opponents in the division.

When you have that Ether in the ring :ahh:, you get folks calling radio stations asking for it to stop. :scusthov:

Jump up to the plate, we are in the ring 4 times a year. :sas2:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
#GGGoodBoys will be alright. When people decide to be serious they know that despite 160 being weak overall, GGG continues to fight top 10 opponents in the division.

When you have that Ether in the ring :ahh:, you get folks calling radio stations asking for it to stop. :scusthov:

Jump up to the plate, we are in the ring 4 times a year. :sas2:

:francis: at thinking if you add 4 bums you get a good fighter, why am i not surprised :shookboy:

In case you missed it friend I asked you for your opinion of Wilder :sas1:

Or would you like me to remind you of your opinion of him. :cmsas2:

I'm noticing shookboys have a tendency of slandering him yet he has a better resume than a certain someone did at his age, I've been trying to understand why he doesn't get the same love from you friends in comparison?

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
:francis: at thinking if you add 4 bums you get a good fighter, why am i not surprised :shookboy:

In case you missed it friend I asked you for your opinion of Wilder :sas1:

Or would you like me to remind you of your opinion of him. :cmsas2:

I'm noticing shookboys have a tendency of slandering him yet he has a better resume than a certain someone did at his age, I've been trying to understand why he doesn't get the same love from you friends in comparison?
Still have not heard an opponent that is realistic yet?

And my dislike for Wilder isn't his competition, although I think GGG's has been better (he is fighting top 10 ranked fighter's, other than Stiverne, Wilder is facing guys with second jobs - that said Wilder's true future is ahead of him, GGG's his right now).

My beef with Wilder is his skillset (really only throws two punches, needs to be on the outside, and seems a bit chinny), which I feel has much larger holes than GGG. I feel the same :patrice: about Danny Garcia's skillset and it will eventually catch up to him, but he has fought better competition than both Wilder and GGG together.

You know I am not the same as those other GGG stans. I may represent him here, but I do so responsibly.

GGG's age comes into question a lot, something I would love to see is somethinges written on his path to HBO. It appears as if it was much the same as many European fighters, fighting a lot of hometown guys and a struggle to break into America. When they finally do they are already in their prime and we miss their build up.
To be an US Olympian or top amateur, all these guys have the best odds of getting adequate promotion and making their way onto HBO or Showtime, and they usually are doing it young. Part of the game.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Still have not heard an opponent that is realistic yet?

Did you skip over the part where I said a full division of guys at 168 would fight him? Or was GGG dishonest in that anyone from 154-168 can get it?

And my dislike for Wilder isn't his competition, although I think GGG's has been better (he is fighting top 10 ranked fighter's, other than Stiverne, Wilder is facing guys with second jobs - that said Wilder's true future is ahead of him, GGG's his right now).

He is fighting better fighters than GGG was at his age. :sas1:

My beef with Wilder is his skillset (really only throws two punches, needs to be on the outside, and seems a bit chinny), which I feel has much larger holes than GGG. I feel the same :patrice: about Danny Garcia's skillset and it will eventually catch up to him, but he has fought better competition than both Wilder and GGG together.

His skillset is what you have a problem with? You prefer more of a block punches with your face Mexican style skillset :patrice:

You know I am not the same as those other GGG stans. I may represent him here, but I do so responsibly.

GGG's age comes into question a lot, something I would love to see is somethinges written on his path to HBO. It appears as if it was much the same as many European fighters, fighting a lot of hometown guys and a struggle to break into America. When they finally do they are already in their prime and we miss their build up.
To be an US Olympian or top amateur, all these guys have the best odds of getting adequate promotion and making their way onto HBO or Showtime, and they usually are doing it young. Part of the game.

Yeah you can't use that as an excuse 168 is FULL of Euro fighters, unless team GGG were being dishonest in saying anyone from 154-168 can get it :patrice: if they were dishonest about that what else could they have been dishonest about :ohhh: could they have wanted to feast on bums for a decade :ohhh: nah all of boxing was just ducking GGG :francis:

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
How Amir Khan can become the next PPV King?
PostDateIcon.png
July 13th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 87 Comments
Share the post "How Amir Khan can become the next PPV King?"

khan777776.jpg
By AK: Amir Khan seems to get a whole lot of criticism especially on this boxing website. Some say he has got a glass chin, others say he clinches too much, and some just believe he is not that good, or they just do not like his arrogance.

The truth is Amir Khan has a large fan base weather it’s the British public, the Pakistani community, or even the Muslim community. Not saying that the whole of the British public are fans of him, but one thing that can be said about the British public is that they always back there fighters and come in numbers no matter the location in big fights. Amir Khan attracts fans which therefore attracts PPVs.

For the last two years Amir Khan has spent a great deal of his time chasing after the Floyd Mayweather fight and so far it has not happened. There is a chance he might get chosen for Mayweather’s 49 bout but there is no guarantee.

I believe Amir Khan should forget about the Mayweather fight and create his own legacy without Mayweather in the picture. At the prime of his boxing career it is a shame for him to keep chasing someone that in reality just keeps playing games with him.

As of now Amir Khan has Kell brook more than willing the fight him. That fight would be huge and easily sell out Wembley. This fight is very winnable for Amir Khan due to him being the better boxer. Apart from Floyd Mayweather there are not many boxers that could outbox Amir Khan in a 12 round fight. For some reason I do not understand why this fight does not take place, maybe they think it will be bigger in the future, but Amir khan does not seem to want the fight to happen and does not think Kell Brook is big enough. Some believe Amir is dodging Kell brook, but I believe this to be false as Amir Khan has always fought the best and has been willing the fight anyone. But I am certain this fight will happen sometime in the future.

What Amir khan has been doing in his last 2 fights is the right move and if he continues fighting top fighters with well known names then I am certain he will become the next PPV king. It’s not only Kell brook who would be a big fight for him. I just mentioned Kell brook because I believe it’s the biggest one for him at this moment. A fight against Danny Garcia would also be huge due to their rivalry. A fight against Keith Thurman would be a big fight due to Keith being undefeated. An Adrien Broner fight would be huge, just the build up from the two guys would easily sell the fight. The options for Amir are unlimited. All these fighters mentioned above I see Amir Khan winning all of them. They wouldn’t be easily but on his day Amir Khan wins them all. Kell brook is a good fighter but seems to be very one dimensional and does not seems to have a plan b. His biggest fight he has had happened to be a very controversial fight against Shawn Porter. Against Danny Garcia, Amir Khan was out boxing him easily and ended up getting carried away. If a rematch took place and Amir Khan is more composed he would end up winning. Adrian Broner was been exposed in the past and is simply not good enough for the 140lb division all the way up to the 154lb division. Keith Thurman would be tough but seems to relay on his power to much and is to flat footed.
The main problem with Amir Khan is that he is one punch from disaster. If he stays clam and follows his game plan then for sure you are looking at the next PPV king. A fight against Floyd Mayweather would not be a wise move for him as I believe he would mostly likely lose. At the age of 28 Amir Khan cannot afford to rebuild his career once again.

Apart from money if you check Mayweather’s last 18 opponents you come to realize that not many did much with their career in terms of legacy after they fought Floyd. Two good examples of fighters who carried on with their career in a positive fashion are Carnelo Alveraz, and Miguel Cotto, the rest just ended up fading away, retired, or end up fighting way out of their prime. Yes, there is a fair case for Juan Manuel Márquez winning one of his biggest fights of his career after Floyd but that is it, in terms of his last 18 opponents.

To sum up, the way Amir Khan can become to the next PPV king is by forgetting about the Floyd Mayweather fight and just fight the best in the division who are willing to fight him. In terms of talent, he has got it. In terms of fans he already has a large gathering. Even though some people do not like khan you have to admit that he is an exciting fighter and does not have many boring bouts. And finally Amir Khan knows how to sell a fight. Everything you need for a PPV King