Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
New school of boxing trying to get all these old nikkas out the paint :lupe:

I wanna see more of Imam, so Im excited about his fight on the 18th.....but fighting Matthysse in your 19th professional fight, and you havent even done a 12 rounder yet?:wow:

That will be a HUGE step up for him:wow:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Random post.....

I make boxing songs (#Thurminators and #StevensonSuperman etc...) but I also....

draw boxing too. (Did this last week)

swag-science-art-color-official-574x459.jpg

Boxing is beautiful brehs. :mjcry:

If anybody wanna see more piff, just check out my digital comic blog that I just started.

http://www.thesoulwars.com/

:salute:to my Ring brehs.

You may now continue with the regularly scheduled fukkery that goes on in this place. :obama:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The winner of Imam vs Angulo is supposed to fight the winner of Matthysse vs Postol right?:ohhh:

Okay, I've noticed that Imam has never even fought a 12 rounder yet and the fight with Angulo is also a 10 rounder.:lupe:

Also a jump from Angulo to Matthysse is kind of a large jump for Imam, who would only be in his 19th professional fight, facing a supremely hard hitting Champion in Lucas Matthysse who's fought the best at 140 already:dahell:

Yall cool with Imam doing that, but think Spence (who also has 17 career fights like Imam right now) should be allowed to "ease" his way into title contention 1-2 years from now?:dwillhuh:

Imam is younger than Spence....yall trying to see the Young Master get killed by Matthysse brehs?:damn:

It depends if the WBC makes Matthysse/Postol defend against Mando ASAP or not

If its ASAP Imam could fight again in like October before they schedule the Championship fight

If Matthysse/Postol can have a fight before the mando Imam could possibly get 2-3 fights in before he faces the champ

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 7/10:

- Canelo vs. Cotto will probably be officially announced next week.
- Mosley probably beats Mayorga easily, if the fight actually goes off. Shane said they are going to sell it as a PPV.
- Wlad is in another class and should stop Fury.
- Fury will try and make it a fight, unlike Haye.
- Price for LSC-Mares tickets are outstanding, start at $25.
- Hearn is still DeGale's promoter, but by signing with PBC it gives DeGale more US opportunities and quality opponents.
- Buy or Sell Floyd fights 9/12 on CBS? Sell.
- Crawford's next fight will be in Omaha.
- LSC vs. Mares could be a classic fight in the vein of Vazquez vs. Marquez.
- LSC vs. Mares is a 50/50 fight.
- Carl Froch is very sensitive towards people's comments.
- Take on GGG offering 50-50 and 164 lb catchweight for Ward? That is where negotiating would begin, surprised that GGG's team started by offering 50-50.
- Quillin will fight 9/6 on CBS, no opponent yet.
- The WBO didn't do anything funny with Floyd and his belt. They gave him two months to make a decision and had Floyd chosen to keep the belt they would have been happy to have him as champion.
- Collaza is a good dude, but he should get rolled by Thurman.
- Juan Diaz is recovering for rotator cuff surgery.
- The longer Brook vs. Rios lingers in negotiations the less he thinks it happens. TR is looking at other options for Rios. Not overly confident Brook-Rios gets made.
- Jermain Taylor was the last fighter to fully unify a division.
- Khan should get the Floyd fight, but doubts he will.
- He found nothing out about the TR lawsuit when he was at Arum's house. The info he learned there was regarding Brook-Rios. He was one of 15 other people watching the TruTV fights (which were not on in his hotel room). Other's at Arum's house were the WBO president Paco Varcacel, Felix Verdejo, Sergey Kovalev, and Kovalev's manager.
- Kovalev was only there socially because his manager also promotes Lomachenko (TR fighter). Kovalev is not leaving Main Events.
- One of the biggest upsets he ever covered was Klitschko vs. Brewer.
- Many believe in the theory that Mayweather is holding the September date hostage to hurt GB and Alvarez.
- Picking Herrera by decision.
- Best under the radar fight coming up? Saturday - Nietes vs. Rodriguez for Nietes' 108 lb title. Picking Nietes.
- Interested in a Crawford vs. Bradley fight.
- Bradley vs. Ali is the mandatory and it should be next.
- Picking Harrison to win, but Nelson seemed really ready at the press conference.
- Thurman wants to fight Floyd, but he isn't obsessed with it like Khan. He knows he can't make Floyd fight him and will move on regardless.
- Does not know why fighter's sit their kids ringside for their fights. Has seen many kids in tears during fights watching their Dad.
- Got to be a part of a Funny or Die sketch regarding Rocky vs. Drago. Should be released by the end of July.
- Bute will be back 8/15 on NBCSN.
- Would love to see Thurman vs. Maidana.
- Could see there being a rematch of Kovalev vs. Pascal.
- Barry Hunter told him there is a possibility of a PBC card later this year in DC. No word on who would be on it, but the Peterson brother's and GRJ are from DC.
- Lamont Peterson is looking to return in September.
- Would love to see an HBO Face Off for Wlad-Fury.
- Doesn't think Spence is ready yet for Thurman.
- Chagaev vs. Pianetea isn't a bad fight, just bad that it is for a belt.
- Wilder vs. Povetkin would not be until early 2016 at the soonest.
- Vitali Klitscko will easily make the HOF.
- Winky Wright knows that Dan has named boxers who turn down good paying fights or take long layoffs for little reason as part of the Winky Wright School of Business. They joke about it.
- Imam vs. Fernado Angula was added to the July 18th Showtime card.
- Adonis Stevenson's next fight will be September 11th on Spike TV. No opponent yet. Likely to take place in Toronto.
- Does not know of any boxing siblings that have ever fought each other in an official match.
- Believes that Bradley is serious in saying he would take fights at 154 and 160 (GGG).
- PPV buys for Ward vs. GGG? If it was this fall, under 350k.
- Old man boxing tourney: Mosley, DLH, Tito, Mayorga, and Vargas? Mosley vs. DLH 3 would be the final.
- 94th birthday of Jake LaMotta. LaMotta once walked into a NY bar he and other writer's were at and introduced himself as Robert De Niro.
- Had Judah beating Matthysse in a very close fight.
- Doubtful we see a Broner vs. Maidana rematch any time soon.
- JCC won't be much different with Garcia as his trainer. He is who he is.
- Expect Chocolatito back in the fall on GGG's undercard.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I rather see Rios/Provo than Brook/Rios

Agreed with Judah beating Lucas in a close fight.

Boxing is the last thing on Chino's mind right now.

Bradley would get seriously hurt against GGG. I think that fight with him and Ali has FOTY potential though.

:mjlol: at Winky knowing that he founded the school of not taking career high pay offs and just general bad business decisions.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's unacceptable but this gym I go to plays pop music :beli:..its not right either
My uncle used to have tight control of the music in his gym when I was a kid...kept that shyt on WDAS (the local grown folks R&B station back then)...dudes would be sparring while The Temptations was crooning "Treat Her Like A Lady" and shyt. :lolbron:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
#MatthyseMafia

we knockin out postol and imam back to back then taking over 147:takedat:

I think Matthysse might legit ruin Imam if Imam fights him directly after Angulo.

I talk shyt about Matthysse, but his power ain't nothing to fukk with if you haven't seen that type of power before:wow:

I hope Don King doesn't just throw Imam in there in his 19th professional fight:lupe:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I think Matthysse might legit ruin Imam if Imam fights him directly after Angulo.

I talk shyt about Matthysse, but his power ain't nothing to fukk with if you haven't seen that type of power before:wow:

I hope Don King doesn't just throw Imam in there in his 19th professional fight:lupe:
yea that would be dangerous as hell. you really cant make a mistake with a guy like maKNEEsay, and imam still makes a lot. I have no problem with young guys who choose to take their time before facing a a top guy. like miguel cotto turning down floyd back in the day...he knew he wasn't ready for that shyt and he made a wise choice to hold out. but at the same time if these kids feel like they're ready then:manny:.....I give props to a dude like spence who says fukk the bullshyt, i'm trying to be great right now.

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
yea that would be dangerous as hell. you really cant make a mistake with a guy like matthyse, and imam still makes a lot. I have no problem with young guys who choose to take their time before facing a a top guy. like miguel cotto turning down floyd back in the day...he knew he wasn't ready for that shyt and he made a wise choice to hold out. but at the same time if these kids feel like they're ready then:manny:.....I give props to a dude like spence who says fukk the bullshyt, i'm trying to be great right now.
Yup, Imam has definitely been getting hit in his last couple fights, and you don't wanna do that vs. the Argentine Dream.

#matthyssemafia