Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
He hasn't fought since last September and we giving him a pass for just blowing up into a Cruiserweight and not fighting until next year? And yall joked on SOG, because he beefed with his promoter? :dwillhuh:

Maidana got fat and lazy and just doesn't wanna fight...it's cool? But Ward staying in shape, wanting to get back in the ring, but wanting to be free of his contract....was laughed at?:ohhh:

:wow:

You already know why :mjpls:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

We can hook up our phones to the gym speakers and play whatever we want since there's usually no more than 5 people in the gym at a time. Just so happened that a golden gloves winning, currently undefeated female mma fighter was playing Young Thug. :francis: If she wanna listen Young Thug we gonna listen to him and there's nothing I can do about it :francis:

I will say this though normally im struggle on the speed bag unless a song where I can catch the rhythm of the beat is playing and I was doing well to it :lolbron:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Floyd isn't a natural Welter at all... and you know this :comeon:
He walks around at 150
Will optimal be a better word to use breh?
Pretty much a natural welter
Hell nawl...why do you think his KO ratio and # of scored knocked downs dropped off so significantly when he moved up?

Welterweight clearly isn't his best division...and being 38 isn't "optimal" fighting condition for any boxer.
Hands were the issue, not power
Ranked #5 by IBF and #6 WBC at Junior Welterweight:mjcry:

But he's ranked #2 by the WBA:sas1:

Soon as Danny Garcia vacates that belt, Jose Benavidez becomes WBA Super Champion and AB moves up to #1 ranked and mandatory contender for the Title:sas2:
Against whom?
:comeon:

The nikka that fought Guerrero/Maidana/Ortiz on ppv can't do nothing w Thurman :bhop:
good point

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Tell me why after work I go to this lil get together N I think about you nikkas :snoop:

Cuz These hoes were drinking Tecate :russ:

Anyways your boy is feeling good right now high af...plotting on some George Costanza shyt...the thottie who invited me to the get together is bff with the person who's house it was some lesbo with purple hair

The lesbo was feeling me that purple hair was so :demonic:... Omarion Post to be was playing N she sang the groceries line staring at me like :shaq:

Wish me luck on my mission :youngsabo:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Thatrogueassdiaz

150 might've been the walk around weight of a "natural" Welterweight in the 50/60's :heh:

But in the context of today's Welterweight division...150 is the walk around weight of a Lightweight.

Practically nobody at Welterweight walks around at 150 outside of Mayweather & Pac...and they're usually outweighed by their opponents by an avg. of 10-15 lbs.

And i was referring to "natural" weight, not walk around weight...not one in the same...particularly for someone in their 4th weight class at the tail end of thier career...If 150 was Mayweather's "natural" weight, he would've weighed that throughout his career...when he was @ Super Featherweight, he only weighed a few lbs over 130 on fight night in just about all of his fights...when you're in your early to mid 20's (a fully grown adult) still weighing in the mid-130's...that's not someone who's "naturally" the size of a Welterweight.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
@Thatrogueassdiaz

150 might've been the walk around weight of a "natural" Welterweight in the 50/60's :heh:

But in the context of today's Welterweight division...150 is the walk around weight of a Lightweight.

Practically nobody at Welterweight walks around at 150 outside of Mayweather & Pac...and they're usually outweighed by their opponents by an avg. of 10-15 lbs.

And i was referring to "natural" weight, not walk around weight...not one in the same...particularly for someone in their 4th weight class at the tail end of thier career...If 150 was Mayweather's "natural" weight, he would've weighed that throughout his career...when he was @ Super Featherweight, he only weighed a few lbs over 130 on fight night in just about all of his fights...when you're in your early to mid 20's (a fully grown adult) still weighing in the mid-130's...that's not someone who's "naturally" the size of a Welterweight.
Logic doesn't follow that rule of thumb. Someone like floyd who trains hard day in and day out and who probably had a stricter regimen in his teens and 20s, probably trained his body to get that low. I'm not a boxer do I don't know but I'm sure there's a science to it and why boxers just can't make weight anymore. Floyd has been at 147 since 2006. That's 9 years. How is 147 not his natural weight? Lmao.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
pat u want a thread about the Ruslan Chagaev vs Francesco and the undercard with two 6'7 hw unistov vs walker?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
pat u want a thread about the Ruslan Chagaev vs Francesco and the undercard with two 6'7 hw unistov vs walker?
Nah..only because the cards like that and aren't on US TV typically don't get a lot of attention like that since its not readily available