Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
#AligieriAssassins :ohlawd:

of course.

but the thing is dude falls right in line with my overall mentality. He boxes aggressively and puts more effort than the average boxer that just wants to throw a couple jabs and move around a lil to negate action. His style is like the textbook way to box, but he makes it entertaining, by throwing a lot punches while having a solid technical foundation. He doesn't overly rely on one thing like just a jab, or just good lateral movement, or a good lead right, or etc...He puts all the tools together consistently. If you a real boxing fan, you gotta appreciate that. Plus he can box coming forward and on the back foot. What's there to hate:manny:

Guys like Loma and Mares box aggressively with good technique and I'm a fan of them too.

Guys like Lara fight in the extreme end of your logical preference because he doesn't always box to win, but instead not to lose. The Canelo fight is a perfect example.

Like Steward (R.I.P.:mjcry:) I just naturally appreciate boxers that attempt to put skills and aggression together.

It's called the "Hurt Business" for a reason.:blessed:

I've never hated on Algieri here it just seems team Algieri is more along the team krack way of thinking. :mjpls: ain't going to be no knockdowns or kos there just outbox get that W and go home. As far as my preference it has always been to outbox and get the W if the kd or ko comes it comes. I don't like it when fighters get out of character because of that pressure of looking for a ko. That usually never ends well, that's why when I heard Bradley talking about ko in the Vargas fight I was :francis:

Like if GGG were to say in his next fight it's def ending by ko cool that's what he does thats in his character I just don't like it when dudes get out of character looking to make a highlight reel and end up losing due to carelessness.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
It's called the "Hurt Business" for a reason.:blessed:

exactly...this is what i tell floyd stans all the gotdamn time when they think the object of fight is to "Score points" like its the amateurs...no you fight to win..thats pro boxing

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:heh: Demarco wasn't the man at lightweight...AB has no lineal titles..he was a beltholder in all 3 divisions
\

I thought he was looked at as the number 1 guy though or at least in the top 3. Those Linares and Molina KO's made a strong case for him.

That was Broner's best moment in the ring, don't take that away from him :mjcry:

I think Broner underachieved in a talent/ability sense. His highs look really impressive and you want him to aspire to more, but then his lows are really low and you question your own boxing eyes. He wasn't going into the pros with any hype and it was the Litzao fight that really made cats pay attention to him. Everyone thought he had potential in the Ponce DeLeon fight whether you had him winning or losing.

I used to think Zab underachieved, but then now that his career is just about over, I realize that a streaky headcase like him overachieved when you look at who he's beaten and how long he's been competitive in his career.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
exactly...this is what i tell floyd stans all the gotdamn time when they think the object of fight is to "Score points" like its the amateurs...no you fight to win..thats pro boxing

agree but I never bash floyd for it cause i dont think his power moved up with him.

im tryna remember the last time floyd had somebody hurt and an opportunity to swarm em?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Brandon Rios on his way to the gym.

tumblr_n9i5mpM0jS1rmcqrdo1_1280.jpg
this pic is killin me for some reason :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I've never hated on Algieri here it just seems team Algieri is more along the team krack way of thinking. :mjpls: ain't going to be no knockdowns or kos there just outbox get that W and go home. As far as my preference it has always been to outbox and get the W if the kd or ko comes it comes. I don't like it when fighters get out of character because of that pressure of looking for a ko. That usually never ends well, that's why when I heard Bradley talking about ko in the Vargas fight I was :francis:

Like if GGG were to say in his next fight it's def ending by ko cool that's what he does thats in his character I just don't like it when dudes get out of character looking to make a highlight reel and end up losing due to carelessness.

I know you never hated on Algieri, your one of the few that at least respected his skills when posting about him. :salute:

It's not about the KO's to me. I don't want anybody to think that. It's always been about the effort. I'm a big Chris Bryd fan and i watched his fights never expecting a KO ( Although that Jimmy Thunder fight was:ohlawd:) He was defensive as fukk, but would let off 5 and 6 punch combinations all while outboxing you. He wasn't really known as an aggressive fighter, but it was in his character and mental build up as a fighter to throw combos and keep a steady work rate.

Maybe I just want more fighters nowadays to display stronger character. Fight like you want to win. Put effort into whatever style you have. As soon as Matthysse did that, he stopped losing competitive fights.......well until he ran into Swift. but the point is he stopped taking his sweet time to get started and fought like he wanted to win. His status in the sport increased once he realized that.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
haymon attorney snaps back

Haymon attorneys Kramer Levin Naftalis and Frankel provided ESPN.com with a statement on behalf of Haymon: "The lawsuit filed today by Bob Arum and Top Rank is entirely without merit and is a cynical attempt by boxing's old guard to use the courts to undermine the accessibility, credibility and exposure of boxing that the sport so desperately needs.
"The Premier Boxing Champions series makes boxing free again, by bringing championship boxing to free TV, with a fighter-first promise and a commitment to the fans to restore boxing to the luster of its heyday. The continued success of this effort will far outlast this baseless lawsuit."

vanes gives two cent

Last edited: