Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
breh adrien broner has never been the man in his division..the man = lineal..he was not lineal in any division..beltholder/champion yes...the man/lineal no

so whos the real lineal champ between adonis n kkkov? just to be sure..........

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
breh adrien broner has never been the man in his division..the man = lineal..he was not lineal in any division..beltholder/champion yes...the man/lineal no

I consider "The Man" whoever the #1 RING Boxer is when the RING Champion is vacant...which it was when AB fought DeMarco:yeshrug:

Regardless, at the end of the day, AB is far from an "under achiever"...which was my initial point. He was never a highly heralded amateur, never a Golden Gloves winner, never an Olympian....but yet he managed to take his talents and win 3 Championships with it.

I know yall love to hate on AB, but let's not act like he was hyped up upon debut like Lubin/Spence//Verdejo/Gamboa....hell he wasnt even on Rau'Shee Warren's, Mickey Bey's, or Shawn Porter's level as far as hype goes when he turned professional breh. The hype train REALLY didnt get started until he beat your boy Ponce De Leon.....and that was 21 fights into his career.

That's just facts:manny:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
but whos he beat since?

Pascal and Hopkins are as good wins

that doesn't factor into who is the lineal champ, to be the man you gotta beat the man

ric-flair-blood.gif

I agree with you though that kkkov is seen as "the man" but if we're talking lineal it's :cape:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
that doesn't factor into who is the lineal champ, to be the man you gotta beat the man

ric-flair-blood.gif

I agree with you though that kkkov is seen as "the man" but if we're talking lineal it's :cape:

yep, but stevenson need good comp asap. if he lets kov beat Mohammedi,chilemba(with kathy), and the reg wba champ Braehmer. hes gonna look real bad.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
but whos he beat since?

Pascal and Hopkins are as good wins
Not the way it works prehdren. That's why Cotto is such a sour point in the mw division.

Their are instances of a guy being seen as "the man" in a division but is not the lineal champ. The main one being Roy was never the lineal champ at Light-Heavy

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Not the way it works prehdren. That's why Cotto is such a sour point in the mw division.

Their are instances of a guy being seen as "the man" in a division but is not the lineal champ. The main one being Roy was never the lineal champ at Light-Heavy
i know but thats who i see as champ

fukk who has the ring belt if they arent willing to fight the best opponent

Cotto and Adonis been ducking with wins vs weak opp (I know cotto only fought once but he clearly doesnt want those GGG problems)

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That's my point though the Bundu fight wasn't him laying an egg in my opinion he thoroughly outboxed him and got the W that's just as good to me as dropping Guerrero 1 time(don't ask me how) then struggling in the final rounds. :manny:

But yeah it's a preference thing, although isn't Chris Algieri a member of Team Lauderdale :mjpls:

#AligieriAssassins :ohlawd:

of course.

but the thing is dude falls right in line with my overall mentality. He boxes aggressively and puts more effort than the average boxer that just wants to throw a couple jabs and move around a lil to negate action. His style is like the textbook way to box, but he makes it entertaining, by throwing a lot punches while having a solid technical foundation. He doesn't overly rely on one thing like just a jab, or just good lateral movement, or a good lead right, or etc...He puts all the tools together consistently. If you a real boxing fan, you gotta appreciate that. Plus he can box coming forward and on the back foot. What's there to hate:manny:

Guys like Loma and Mares box aggressively with good technique and I'm a fan of them too.

Guys like Lara fight in the extreme end of your logical preference because he doesn't always box to win, but instead not to lose. The Canelo fight is a perfect example.

Like Steward (R.I.P.:mjcry:) I just naturally appreciate boxers that attempt to put skills and aggression together.

It's called the "Hurt Business" for a reason.:blessed: