Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
tumblr_nqd9cc0VIY1r0jlbgo1_1280.jpg
:mjlol:

"Why did i drink that second moet bottle :mjcry:"

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:heh: Demarco wasn't the man at lightweight...AB has no lineal titles..he was a beltholder in all 3 divisions

DeMarco was the man at lightweight. Who was ranked ahead of him?:mjpls:

Just because you arent listed the RING Champion (which was vacant when they fought), doesnt mean anything....unless you're gonna sit and tell me Cotto is truly "The Man" at Middleweight:sas2:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court of Los Angeles by global law firm O'Melveny & Myers, details an expansive illegal scheme allegedly being perpetrated by Haymon and Waddell & Reed including:

Simultaneously managing boxers and promoting fights in violation of the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act passed by Congress in 2000 to protect fighters;

Forbidding boxers under contract to Haymon from being promoted by Top Rank and other promoters;

Paying boxers not to spar with fighters promoted by Top Rank;

Refusing to permit boxers to fight others not controlled by Haymon;

Blocking Top Rank and other promoters from television opportunities;

Preventing Top Rank and other promoters from access to major venues.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...d-to-monopolize-fight-business-300107639.html
Aside from the Ali act stuff the rest of it sounds like butthurt crab-assery that will be hard to prove and easy for Haymon to defend against.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
If Brook would have sat on some of his punches and really turned into them he could have been the 1st to drop Porter instead of Broner.

He had the chance to set the world on fire with his performance, but just settled with winning as being enough and there's nothing wrong with that, but great fighters usually try to achieve greatness in the ring.

*fighter gets overly aggressive trying to set the world on fire*

*gets :deadmanny: instead does not set the world on fire either way*

tumblr_nnt2hgBYSW1s7flx5o1_400.gif

*wins*

*does not set world on fire*

*cashes his check and gets a higher purse next fight*

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
DeMarco was the man at lightweight. Who was ranked ahead of him?:mjpls:

Just because you arent listed the RING Champion (which was vacant when they fought), doesnt mean anything....unless you're gonna sit and tell me Cotto is truly "The Man" at Middleweight:sas2:
Cotto is the man at 160..you should know that middleweight is the easiest to track lineal champions

Broner was a belt holder in all 3 divisions, you can't inflate that lol

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
*fighter gets overly aggressive trying to set the world on fire*

*gets :deadmanny: instead does not set the world on fire either way*

tumblr_nnt2hgBYSW1s7flx5o1_400.gif

*wins*

*does not set world on fire*

*cashes his check and gets a higher purse next fight*

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

That's an extremely bad example, since setting the world on fire doesn't literally mean be reckless and throw defense in the bushes. :what:

Thurman is a perfect example of what I'm referring to since he always tries to land hard shots consistently whether he goes for the KO or not, he's gonna at least put some effort into kicking your ass.

Hopkins vs Tito is another example. That win doesn't look as spectacular without the 12th round KO....word to my nikka Winky :mjlol:

Even Floyd knew he had to set the world on fire with Gatti instead of just potshotting dude for some lop-sided decision. The defense was too horrible not to try and set the world on fire.

Porter was basically jumping in head first with his chin up and Brook would just punch at him like he's shadow boxing. :scust:

So as I said earlier, great fighters know when to set the world on fire. That mental fortitude is what separates the very goods from the greats.

If Brook would have KO'ed Porter or knocked him down, he would have made a bigger case for a Floyd fight. That's the only point I was making.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Cotto is the man at 160..you should know that middleweight is the easiest to track lineal champions

Broner was a belt holder in all 3 divisions, you can't inflate that lol

Inflate what?:dwillhuh:

Did he or did he not beat the #1 RING ranked Lightweight when AB beat him at 22 years old to win the WBC Lightweight Championship?

Was Paulie Malignaggi not ranked the #4 RING ranked Welterweight when AB beat him at 23 years old to win the WBA Welterweight Championship?

He's a 3x Champion.

And if you wanna only count Lineal Championships, then nobody on Team Patscorpio has ever become a Champion:sas2:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
That's an extremely bad example, since setting the world on fire doesn't literally mean be reckless and throw defense in the bushes. :what:

Thurman is a perfect example of what I'm referring to since he always tries to land hard shots consistently whether he goes for the KO or not, he's gonna at least put some effort into kicking your ass.

Hopkins vs Tito is another example. That win doesn't look as spectacular without the 12th round KO....word to my nikka Winky :mjlol:

Even Floyd knew he had to set the world on fire with Gatti instead of just potshotting dude for some lop-sided decision. The defense was too horrible not to try and set the world on fire.

Porter was basically jumping in head first with his chin up and Brook would just punch at him like he's shadow boxing. :scust:

So as I said earlier, great fighters know when to set the world on fire. That mental fortitude is what separates the very goods from the greats.

If Brook would have KO'ed Porter or knocked him down, he would have made a bigger case for a Floyd fight. That's the only point I was making.

Thurman is a perfect example :sas1: the one from the Bundu fight or the one from the Guerrero fight :sas1:

Floyd set the world on fire with the Gatti win but after he was "on" that shyt went all the way to the bushes and getting the W>>>>

BHop vs Tito isn't a good example because it's not like he went out there doing anything different in the 12th than he was doing the other 11 rounds, it just so happened that he got the ko. Look what trying to "set the world on fire" got Bradley in the 12th round last weekend.

This is a matter of personal preference though so I'm not about to argue with you over your preference. I prefer Team Krack to go out there get the W and get some safely.

tumblr_myj9stUhXo1rpc1rco1_500.gif

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Thurman is a perfect example :sas1: the one from the Bundu fight or the one from the Guerrero fight :sas1:

Floyd set the world on fire with the Gatti win but after he was "on" that shyt went all the way to the bushes and getting the W>>>>

BHop vs Tito isn't a good example because it's not like he went out there doing anything different in the 12th than he was doing the other 11 rounds, it just so happened that he got the ko. Look what trying to "set the world on fire" got Bradley in the 12th round last weekend.

This is a matter of personal preference though so I'm not about to argue with you over your preference. I prefer Team Krack to go out there get the W and get some safely.

tumblr_myj9stUhXo1rpc1rco1_500.gif

Yeah One Time laid an egg in the Bundu fight, but that's like one bad fight. Everyone is allowed to get one of those every now and then. He still dominated. It was more important to beast on the Ghost than it was to be all flashy and beasting on Bundu.

As for Hopkins, he could have played it safe and sat on his lead like Winky did. Instead he kept doing what he was doing and eventually closed the show.

Floyd was already on when he fought Gatti, but it was his first ppv fight and he had the right opponent to beast on.

Bradley is a bad example, because he needs to set the gym on fire with proper punching technique. :mjlol:

If he would have been turning his punches over instead of loading up with those big flailing slaps he was landing, he would have prolly stopped Vargas since he seemed to have been getting to dude real good in the 2nd half.

I mean if you happy with the win that's cool, because that's the most important thing, but over here on team Swag we like striving for greatness while getting that win.

We just got different mentalities. :manny:
I feel like you can box a technically sound fight and still hurt/KO your opponent. Crawford understands that and that;s one of the reasons people are so high on him now.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Yeah One Time laid an egg in the Bundu fight, but that's like one bad fight. Everyone is allowed to get one of those every now and then. He still dominated. It was more important to beast on the Ghost than it was to be all flashy and beasting on Bundu.

As for Hopkins, he could have played it safe and sat on his lead like Winky did. Instead he kept doing what he was doing and eventually closed the show.

Floyd was already on when he fought Gatti, but it was his first ppv fight and he had the right opponent to beast on.

Bradley is a bad example, because he needs to set the gym on fire with proper punching technique. :mjlol:

If he would have been turning his punches over instead of loading up with those big flailing slaps he was landing, he would have prolly stopped Vargas since he seemed to have been getting to dude real good in the 2nd half.

I mean if you happy with the win that's cool, because that's the most important thing, but over here on team Swag we like striving for greatness while getting that win.

We just got different mentalities. :manny:
I feel like you can box a technically sound fight and still hurt/KO your opponent. Crawford understands that and that;s one of the reasons people are so high on him now.

That's my point though the Bundu fight wasn't him laying an egg in my opinion he thoroughly outboxed him and got the W that's just as good to me as dropping Guerrero 1 time(don't ask me how) then struggling in the final rounds. :manny:

But yeah it's a preference thing, although isn't Chris Algieri a member of Team Lauderdale :mjpls:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Inflate what?:dwillhuh:

Did he or did he not beat the #1 RING ranked Lightweight when AB beat him at 22 years old to win the WBC Lightweight Championship?

Was Paulie Malignaggi not ranked the #4 RING ranked Welterweight when AB beat him at 23 years old to win the WBA Welterweight Championship?

He's a 3x Champion.

And if you wanna only count Lineal Championships, then nobody on Team Patscorpio has ever become a Champion:sas2:
breh adrien broner has never been the man in his division..the man = lineal..he was not lineal in any division..beltholder/champion yes...the man/lineal no