Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Breh, if you had it 115-110 like pat, then why yall arguing a +/- 1 round difference on score cards:heh:

Yall seen it 8-4. I seen it 7-5. Everyone in the world seen it as a Marcos Maidana win:obama:

Only difference between your card and mine is 1 round...that's it:manny:

It's not like yall had it 8-4 Maidana and I came back with a 9-3 Broner card or something:russ:
Nah I agree with you fam. I'm saying that score seems a lots closer than the fight.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
UK brehs @Ari Gold Bawse @merklman @Indica....why the hell is Arthur Abraham fighting Robert Stieglitz (Im not sure if I spelled his last name correctly) for a 4th time?:dahell:

Isnt he already 2-1 against him?:dahell:

Is this some Manny Pacquiao/Juan Manuel Marquez type level of rivalry/close fights between them that us US brehs have been missing out on?:dwillhuh:
Its more Kell Brook/Ernie Smith

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

Top Rank Lawsuit Alleges that Waddell & Reed and Al Haymon Conspired To Monopolize Fight Business Lawsuit: Investment giant bankrolling Haymon to "rig the boxing industry''

LOS ANGELES, July 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Top Rank, Inc., the nation's premier boxing promotion company, today filed a federal antitrust lawsuit seeking more than $100 million in damages and an injunction to stop the predatory practices of concert promoter-turned-boxing manager Al Haymon and the investment firm Waddell & Reed.

"Al Haymon and Waddell & Reed are engaged in a sophisticated scheme to gain control of the boxing industry,'' said Daniel Petrocelli, lead attorney for Top Rank and one of the nation's top trial lawyers. "As the lawsuit explains in detail, they are violating federal law, defying state regulators and absorbing significant short-term losses to drive legitimate operators out of the business."

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court of Los Angeles by global law firm O'Melveny & Myers, details an expansive illegal scheme allegedly being perpetrated by Haymon and Waddell & Reed including:

• Simultaneously managing boxers and promoting fights in violation of the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act passed by Congress in 2000 to protect fighters;
  • Forbidding boxers under contract to Haymon from being promoted by Top Rank and other promoters;
  • Paying boxers not to spar with fighters promoted by Top Rank;
  • Refusing to permit boxers to fight others not controlled by Haymon;
  • Blocking Top Rank and other promoters from television opportunities;
  • Preventing Top Rank and other promoters from access to major venues.
According to the complaint, Kansas City-based investment group Waddell & Reed has committed more than $400 million to these efforts and works closely with Haymon in executing the illegal plan.

Top Rank is seeking more scrutiny from regulators.

Just this week, the company controlled by Haymon and Waddell & Reed was publicly criticized for illegally sabotaging competitors' efforts to secure venues in California. The lawsuit notes that in April 2015 the Association of Boxing Commissions asked U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch to initiate a DOJ investigation into the predatory practices of Haymon and Waddell & Reed. The President of the World Boxing Organization, Francisco "Paco'' Valcárcel, applauded the request.

"For decades, the boxing business earned a poor reputation because of some unsavory characters,'' Petrocelli said. "Congress stepped in and enacted laws to clean up the industry. Top Rank is trying to ensure that Al Haymon and

Waddell play by the same rules as everyone else.''

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...d-to-monopolize-fight-business-300107639.html

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
UK brehs @Ari Gold Bawse @merklman @Indica....why the hell is Arthur Abraham fighting Robert Stieglitz (Im not sure if I spelled his last name correctly) for a 4th time?:dahell:

Isnt he already 2-1 against him?:dahell:

Is this some Manny Pacquiao/Juan Manuel Marquez type level of rivalry/close fights between them that us US brehs have been missing out on?:dwillhuh:
They aren't our fighters breh :whoa:

We hate German boxers just like you guys.

Abraham and stieglitz both been hiding with that belt sharing it like a married couple for years :scusthov:

Wbo bullshyt rankings never make a decent opponent mando for them

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Abraham and stieglitz both been hiding with that belt sharing it like a married couple for years :scusthov:

abe will never face a top 168er after pretty much getting exposed as being limited in the super six

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

:russ:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How is Broner an "under achiever"?:dahell:

He wasn't an Olympian. He wasn't an elite amateur prospect. He wasn't someone being heralded like Spence or Lubin upon their debuts. And he still managed to become a 3x Champion:birdman:

That's far from an under achiever:ufdup:

Secondly, where was Wladimir before getting Emmanuel Steward? He was getting KTFO. He changed his trainer and proceeded to become a different and much better fighter. Broner and Stafford have run their course imo. A new trainer is needed asap in order for Broner to improve from where he is.
Are you really going to act like Broner is living up to his full potential? Those belts are nice to brag about but its not like he beat anyone worth a damn to win them.
And when facing guys who are a step above he falls short. Based on the hype he is supposed to be at a much higher level in regards to the sport than just this middle of the pack loudmouth that he actually is.
And I have felt that he needed a new trainer even before the Maidana fight. Sadly for him I think Broner is too far gone to be teachable by anyone so he might as well just stick with Stafford.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Are you really going to act like Broner is living up to his full potential?

Again, how is he an "under achiever"?:dwillhuh:

He was never a highly heraled amateur, never a Golden Gloves winner, never an Olympian....but yet he managed to take his talents and win 3 Championships:usure:

I know yall love to hate on AB, but let's not act like he was hyped like Lubin/Spence/Imam/Verdejo....hell he wasnt even on Rau'Shee Warren's Mickey Bey's or Shawn Porter's level as far as hype goes when he turned professional breh. That's just facts:manny:

Those belts are nice to brag about but its not like he beat anyone worth a damn to win them.

He won the vacant WBO 130 Championship by beating Rodriguez, because the #1 RING Ranked Super Featherweight and WBO Champion Ricky Burns ducked him, moved up, and vacated. He would've beat Burns and we all know it:birdman:

He won the WBC 135 Championship by beating the #1 RING Ranked Lightweight and WBC Champion in Antonio DeMarco.:birdman:

He won the WBA 147 Championship by jumping 2 divisions and beating the #4 RING Ranked Welterweight and WBA Champion in Paulie Malignaggi:birdman:

You can try and downplay the victories in HINDSIGHT, but at the end of the day, they were good Championship wins for a fighter who was only 22 & 23 years old at the time he won his belts and the W's WERE and ARE legit. You cant go back in history and change the rankings of AB's opponents at the time he fought them.

There arent too many Champions today under the age of 30, who beat either THE MAN in his division to win the belt (like AB did when he beat DeMarco) or beat a Top 4 RING ranked opponent in the division to win the belt. Broner did it at 22 and 23.:wow:

And when facing guys who are a step above he falls short.

So has Matthysse. So has Provodnikov. So has a ton of other Boxers today. Where are your pitchforks for them?:mjpls:

Based on the hype he is supposed to be at a much higher level in regards to the sport than just this middle of the pack loudmouth that he actually is.

Based on WHAT hype? HBO? Because he hangs with Floyd?:mjlol:

You're blaming Adrien Broner because he was getting some hype from his Promoter?:dahell:

Aint that what Promoters supposed to do? Build up their young fighters into household ames:ohhh:
You blaming AB for that breh? What part of that hating game is this?:wow:

Again, he wasnt hyped when he began like other young fighters. He received a great marketing push between his mouth, GB, and HBO's backing. At the end of the day, he is who he is...solid B fighter with natural talent that needs to be honed and cultivated with a better trainer.:yeshrug:

Devon Alexander was hyped as well. Nobody says anything about him, but yet AB gets all the "but the hype makes me mad" treatment?:francis:

And I have felt that he needed a new trainer even before the Maidana fight. Sadly for him I think Broner is too far gone to be teachable by anyone so he might as well just stick with Stafford.

I can list plenty changes in trainers that turned around Boxers careers. Write him off all you want too breh.

Last edited: