Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That fight was an eyesore but chaves should have ended his career that night

Sooo true, fight was ugly as shyt, but I gotta keep it real too.

That fight had some entertaining moments and both guys were bringing it. I just think Chaves was winning more rounds based off of boxing/jabbing.

For an ugly fight, it was more entertaining than Broner/Porter or Berto/Ghost. (as far as ugly fights are concerned)

That fukking ref though. :snoop:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
That chaves rios fight was such fukkery I completely forgot about that

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Floyd Mayweather Next Fight: Is Mayweather Dodging Boxing Star Keith Thurman?
By Anthony Riccobono @tony_riccobono a.riccobono@ibtimes.com on June 25 2015 10:57 PM EDT
floyd_mayweather.jpeg

Floyd Mayweather has suggested that Keith Thurman fight on the undercard of his bout in September. Reuters
Floyd Mayweather has announced two possible opponents for his next fight, and they are not among the boxers that have been speculated to face the undefeated boxer over the last few weeks. Keith Thurman appears to be left out of the conversation to meet Mayweather in September, and the welterweight hasn’t taken too kindly to Mayweather’s recent statements.

With Mayweather looking to fight Karim Mayfield or Andre Berto later in the year, he isn’t considering a bout with Thurman. Instead, he’s suggested that Thurman face Errol Spence on the undercard of his September fight.

ADVERTISING

“I ain’t going to fight on no Floyd Mayweather undercard. I ain’t going to be no co-main event,” Thurman told 78SPORTSTV in a recent interview. “We hit that next level. We are a main event fighter. I’m happy to be a main event fighter. I’m loving being a main event fighter. And so, to me, to be on the undercard at this stage in my career was another sign of disrespect.”

Thurman is 25-0 in his career, having most recently beaten Robert Guerrero in March. He’s set to face Luis Collazo on July 11, though he’s said he’s interested in a fight with Shawn Porter. Porter has bounced back from his loss against Kell Brook last year, defeating Erick Bone, as well as Adrien Broner last Saturday.

Mayweather would be a heavy favorite in a fight against Thurman, as well as anyone else in the welterweight division. But his final two choices for a September fight are curious, considering the level of competition that he could potentially face. If Thurman can’t get his shot against Mayweather, he wants Brook to challenge the world’s top boxer, since the Brit has also never lost in his career.

“Go ahead and fight an undefeated fighter,” Thurman continued. “If you dont want to fight me because you don’t want to fight a brother who can punch and hurt you, then go fight him (Brook).”

Thurman gained notoriety as a knockout artist, picking up 21 of his first 23 wins by knockout. While he remains undefeated, he hasn’t been able to maintain that consistency as he continues to defend his welterweight title against better competition, winning his last two fights by decision.

Amir Khan was once considered the favorite to face Mayweather, but the champion has dismissed that idea. Khan recently defeated Chris Algieri in a unanimous decision, and had been rumored as a possible Mayweather opponent for the last two years.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
One time giving yoga a cosign I might have to jump in I here it's good for us :flabbynsick:
Yoga is good for everybody. My man put me and my cousin onto it and we ain't looked back since.

But I gotta ask you a question since you know more about workouts than me. I remember you saying how crossfit is bad for boxers. Why is that exactly?

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
had no idea there were 4 cards tonight :wow:

truTV - June 26 (10PM ET/7PM PT)
Gilberto Ramirez vs. Derek Edwards
(super middleweight)

Fox Sports 1 - June 26 (10PM ET/7PM PT)
Alan Sanchez vs. Stephen Claggett
(welterweight)

Showtime - June 26 (10:35 PM ET/PT)
Sam Soliman vs. Dominic Wade
(middleweight)

CBSSN - June 26 (1AM ET/PT)
Dennis Hogan vs. Kenny Abril
(jr middleweight)

showtime fell off so fukking bad it's embarrassing :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
had no idea there were 4 cards tonight :wow:

truTV - June 26 (10PM ET/7PM PT)
Gilberto Ramirez vs. Derek Edwards
(super middleweight)

Fox Sports 1 - June 26 (10PM ET/7PM PT)
Alan Sanchez vs. Stephen Claggett
(welterweight)

Showtime - June 26 (10:35 PM ET/PT)
Sam Soliman vs. Dominic Wade
(middleweight)

CBSSN - June 26 (1AM ET/PT)
Dennis Hogan vs. Kenny Abril
(jr middleweight)

showtime fell off so fukking bad it's embarrassing :snoop:

that cbssn card why is it so late..knowing me ill be knocked out on my couch by the time that comes on

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Yoga is good for everybody. My man put me and my cousin onto it and we ain't looked back since.

But I gotta ask you a question since you know more about workouts than me. I remember you saying how crossfit is bad for boxers. Why is that exactly?

some of the things crossfit does would be good for boxers like cleans/deads/squats/box jumps now the rep ranges are were shyt gets sketchy they focus getting the most reps with the most weight that's not something any s & c coach would recommend at all. Also damn near anybody could become a crossfit coach so you have tons of guys teaching olympic lifts who shouldn't. That's why you see fukkery like

135398968420492142573057.gif

tumblr_m9y06dwi581rnkfpbo1_500.jpg

A boxer would just be better off getting a real strength and conditioning coach, they know what they are doing.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

You are female? :dwillhuh: