Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
khan getting desperate :mjlol:

Khan n Berto smh

i hope berto gets it just to fukk over khan

I think Berto would beat Khan though

Funny thing is they are in the same camp....Virgil Hunter's:russ:

Virgil kinda spoke on it:

BT: Stylistically, does Andre Berto bring anything different to a potential Mayweather fight than Amir Khan would, or do you see it as a similar fight, considering that both guys are fast and know how to move around the ring?

VH: He brings his own personal set of weaponry just for him, just like Amir brings his own personal set of weaponry just for him. Each one is different, but each one is unique. Both of them have had setbacks, but both of them, if they're prepared physically and mentally, give you a very competitive fight, and if you are not ready and not prepared, if you shortchange them, it could come out bad for you. Each one has their own strengths so to speak. Amir is rangy and long and fast, and Berto has a little more explosive side when he's on his A game. Either one of those fights would be good fights. As the coach of both of them, I can't say one would do better than the other because I would even be shortchanging myself for whoever I have to prepare. It just wouldn't be right. What I can honestly say is they'll be prepared and prepared to win. That's what you have to do so that's what we're going to do. We're going to prepare to win at whatever cost. I think that in itself can make a real exciting fight and give the fans something that they didn't expect to see from either guy.

BT: Amir has been campaigning for the Mayweather fight for awhile. Now that there's a possibility that Berto could get the fight, does that put you in awkward position being the coach of both fighters?

VH: Well, you know, I think by Amir going through it one time before, even though he really, really wants this fight, I think that by going through it once before, he's man enough to, if it doesn't go his way, it shouldn't affect him. After all, he has established his own legacy. It puts me in a tough, tough situation because you do have both of these guys, but again, at the same time, it's always going to be Floyd's choice, so we all have to realize it's his decision. If anybody between the two of them gets it, I'm going to be happy for them and I'm going to feel for the other because I'm in that position. I don't expect nobody like Floyd to come to me and say, "Hey man, which one do you want me to fight?" Six and six, okay. You can fight one and then fight the other one if you ask me that question. I have to feel for both of them and wish both of them the best. I'm pulling and rooting for both of them, but only one person can get in that ring.

http://fighthype.com/news/article20972.html

Khan has already basically said Berto aint shyt a few days ago:wow:

"If he can take an easy route, which it seems like he's taking now, he thinks he can keep his undefeated record"

"First he says it's an easy fight if he fights me, but then he goes, "I need an easy fight for my next fight," so he goes and picks someone like Berto and Karim Mayfield and doesn't even put me in there?"

"No disrespect, I like Karim, he's a good fighter, and so is Berto, but the thing is, there's levels."

"It seems to me he's going to be finishing off his career on a low."

"If he doesn't come back and he just takes this last fight at 49 when his contract finishes, who's going to have that respect for him."

"He wants to be remembered as the best out there, but he's going to be finishing on a low after the Manny Pacquiao fight. No disrespect to the guy he's fighting next."

"Look, Mayweather's going to pick who he wants to fight, fine, he has the power to do that, but in a way, he's disrespecting the fans by not giving them a fight that they want, and on top of that, he's disrespecting his own legacy by going out on a low."

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article20958.html

:mjlol:

If I was Berto, me and this dude Khan gotta "talk":sas2:

Daps
Is Shannon The Cannon Briggs fight with Wladimir gonna materialize? Briggs said they supposed to get busy later this yr, but I haven't heard anything about it recently

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:camby: with all that Broner/Porter 2 nonsense. Neither looked good and the fight itself was full of struggle boxing and struggle mauling.

I rather see Broner/Chino 2. At least that was entertaining. :manny:

:snoop: at Khan still trying to attention whore his way into a Floyd fight. Dude would throw a combo at his own parents to avoid fighting Brook or anybody that can punch.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
i wanna see berto vs khan. win win situation.

berto career back on track if he wins...if he loses no movement .

khan can brag about taking a power puncher and he still has the brook fight to fall back on.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:camby: with all that Broner/Porter 2 nonsense. Neither looked good and the fight itself was full of struggle boxing and struggle mauling.

I rather see Broner/Chino 2. At least that was entertaining. :manny:

:snoop: at Khan still trying to attention whore his way into a Floyd fight. Dude would throw a combo at his own parents to avoid fighting Brook or anybody that can punch.

It ain't happening... Kenny Porter jus shot it down

AB was jus running his mouth on social media N most likely acting on Floyds request

Porters want Floyd or won't fight in September... Especially on an undercard

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
CIYCGZ4VEAAhj2I.jpg

ramirez_Edwards_P9T8025%20(720x487).jpg

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
It ain't happening... Kenny Porter jus shot it down

AB was jus running his mouth on social media N most likely acting on Floyds request

Porters want Floyd or won't fight in September... Especially on an undercard

Good

nikkas need to start winning fights decisively the first fukking time anyway.

Rematches should always be for entertaining fights or close fights with controversial endings/decisions.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Keith Thurman trashes Mayweather in interview
PostDateIcon.png
June 25th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 57 Comments
Share the post "Keith Thurman trashes Mayweather in interview"

thurman5.jpg
By Jaime Ortega: In a recent interview, WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman (25-0, 21 KOs) with vitriolic confidence harshly lashed Floyd Mayweather Jr. with criticism after hearing the champion say that Thurman should fight in his next undercard against unbeaten Errol Spence (17-0, 14 KOs). Thurman got upset with Floyd for him possibly giving Andre Berto, Karim Mayfield and even Amir Khan a shot over his undefeated record alongside Kell Brook (35-0, 24 KOs).

“Floyd fight Kell Brook, fight a big welterweight, don’t [expletive] fight Amir Khan bro, don’t fight that [expletive],” Thurman said via 78SPORTSTV and added, “Go ahead and fight an undefeated fighter, if you don’t want to fight me because you don’t want to fight a brother who can punch and hurt you…then go fight him (Brook) for the fans!”

Thurman ended the interview by saying that Errol Spence Jr. should fight Diego Chavez, before he steps in the ring with him.

Boxing needs a facelift; it needs a fighter who is willing to take on everyone for the sake of boxing and not just money alone. In my opinion, Thurman and Brook represent that stereotype of fighters, that unlike Floyd, are willing to take on all opponents and styles.

A few years back Marcos Maidana ducked Thurman and pulled out from the deal, as Thurman in Florida was already training, sparring with Shawn Porter to prepare for the fight. Amir Khan, has ducked Kell Brook, who has repeatedly stated that he wants the fight to show England who is the best out the two pugilists.

As a fan of boxing, to say the least, the way boxing presently carries itself is simply and plainly ridiculous.

Thurman has to work on his game, agreed, but it’s difficult for pure pugilistic breeds like the Clear Water native to impose their dominance over contenders who don’t want to fight him. What is he supposed to do? Get on his knees and beg?

He gets the dog scraps, not the obvious fights. With that said, I have to give Luis Collazo credit for taking the fight with Thurman because no one in the top ten of the welterweight division wants a piece of ‘One Time’.

Thurman despite the criticism received after the Leonard Bundu fight, who he handled in great fashion, has not yet convinced the casual boxing fans who are looking for knockouts only. Boxing is more than knockouts, more than holding, and way more than cherry picking, if you get the point!

After beating Robert Guerrero via a 12 round unanimous decision last March, that wasn’t enough for some of his critics to cut Thurman some slack, focusing instead on his mistakes.

Thurman with Floyd hold the WBA belt, and should square off in the ring for the sake of boxing. Errol versus Thurman, Porter or Brook is a fight for the future, but far from present reality.

Errol Spencer Jr. as of today has fought nobodies, and if he ends up becoming the next superstar, he will find it hard to get opponents who will agree to fight him just as Thurman experienced. At this point in his career he doesn’t deserve Thurman, but Thurman does deserve Floyd and Floyd knows that very well.

Yet Floyd wants to sell that fight to the public, he wants to evanescence from the obvious picture and instead sell the public Errol versus Thurman — but not all fans are dull minded.

Adrian Broner, who was supposed be the next ‘Floyd’ according to Floyd himself ended up becoming a Fraud to the public after the Porter bout, and we don’t know if Errol will or will not flop like his TMT acolyte, so as stated above, he needs more time.

But, common, folks! Seriously? Mayfield and Berto? I mean Floyd was complaining a few years ago about legendary Manny Pacquiao not deserving the title shot after he lost against Juan Manuel Marquez, but now when the smoke cloud has finally dissipated he wants to take on Berto or Mayfield?

I can smell a rematch between Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, for May 2, 2016. Floyd to take over Rocky Marciano’s record, 50-0, but let me remind everyone that the record holder is the legendary Ricardo Lopez who holds the record of 51-0-1. Tie doesn’t count as defeat. In the process of a rematch, and before his retirement to become a promoter there is room for great fights.

Floyd you need to take on Thurman, or Brook and stop selling smoke to the public. No one wants to see you fight two undeserved fighters, who don’t stand a chance against you. No one is asking you to fight Gennady Golovkin, I get it, he is too big. Although realistically the one who calls himself “The Best Ever” should take on different weight classes as Sugar Ray Robinson and Henry Armstrong once did, the latter defending his belt nineteen times.

You need to at least give these young lions a shot. The sport needs young boxers to progress, not regress. Belts are to defend, not to give away. Boxers get paid for fighting, not stalemating.
Could we please stop posting the bullshyt blog postings from BoxingNews24?
Here is the actual video that the opinion piece was referring to; that is all we needed. That site is the bottom of the barrel as far as boxing talk goes and doesn't deserve the clicks or the posting of their links here.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Which makes the W in the rematch even sweeter if it happens....but I expect Porter to run with the W like Maidana:wow:
There was no controversey in either of those fights so I am not really getting this idea of Maidana or Porter "running with the W" like they squeaked by Broner or there was some chicanery with the judges.
Broner took clear cut, no questions L's to both guys so neither one of them has any reason to even pay Broner any mind.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Definately don't want to see Porter and Boner again. Once was enough. On another note, is it me, or does Keith Thurman look like he's deteriorating mentally a bit? Watching him train in the PBC promo clips, and a couple times seeing him in the audience, he looks like there's something not quite there in his head. He didn't look like that a few years ago. I'm probably looking too far in this his appearance, but he looks a little off as of late.