Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
You know if Maidana hated on cakes, snacks, and Milk Shakes the way you hate on AB, Maidana would be in fight shape having matches and you wouldn't have been forced into being a full-time hater, because your fighter is sidelined due to being 200+ lbs:mjpls:

It's a shame what happened to Mook:umad:

My fighter just won this weekend and we 2-0 against About Bumfights
ZLEAtFk.png

Meanwhile Maidanas in Argentina drinking Mai-Tai's, with Mike Mike Down in Nevada, ha ha, Poppa, word life :smugflair:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
My fighter just won this weekend and we 2-0 against About Bumfights
ZLEAtFk.png

Meanwhile Maidanas in Argentina drinking Mai-Tai's, with Mike Mike Down in Nevada, ha ha, Poppa, word life :smugflair:

We ate our L's to Maidana and Porter...you're right:yeshrug:

But 2-0 you say???:mjpls:

adrien-broner-gold-grill.jpg

p1_medium.gif

P4.gif

P2_medium.gif

tumblr_mounj3DIky1qaa8d1o4_250.gif

Surely you didnt forget your boy Paulie got his belt and his girl taken in his own backyard in our 1st fight at Welterweight:sas2:

You cant just toss Paulie in the bushes, what kinda stan is you?:umad:

:aboutbillions:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
USA Boxing Pleads with Tyson Not To Sign Lubin
Posted by: Ryan Maquinana on 10/1/2013 .

By Ryan Maquiñana

USA Boxing president Dr. Charles Butler sent an open letter to former undisputed heavyweight world champion and current pro promoter Mike Tyson earlier this morning in a plea not to sign a top amateur.

In an excerpt from the letter, Butler wrote:

“We have heard that you were waiting for early October so that our best hope, a 17-year-old athlete, can turn 18 and be of age to sign a contract with you. We have offered him a spot in our resident program at the U.S. Olympic Training Center where he can train in a safe environment and we can provide for his education. The facilities and support services at the Olympic Training Center are unmatched and would benefit him and his future in boxing greatly.”

A source has advised BoxingScene.com that the boxer in question is Erickson Lubin of Kissimmee, Fla., who was named Outstanding Boxer at the National PAL last year and won the National Junior Olympics twice.

Lubin, a rangy boxer-puncher who has been campaigning at junior welterweight mainly under the tutelage of Jason Galarza in the Orlando area, is turning 18 years old this week and had been in negotiations with Iron Mike Productions as late as Monday. Lubin has been rumored to be in the midst of signing a package deal with Galarza’s son, Dennis, who recently announced on social media that the two friends would ink contracts with Iron Mike.

“I’m still waiting to see the contract,” said Todd Harlib, who has helped coach Lubin for several years. “I think [Erickson] wants to do it, but he really would stay amateur and stick with USA Boxing, but USA Boxing takes forever to do things.”

Harlib elaborated on his comments, targeting his words at the current American amateur system.

“I recommended to [USA Boxing executive director] Anthony [Bartkowski] that they just signed a deal with Brand Jordan,” Harlib said. “I said, ‘Go to Brand Jordan and tell them that if you want a future Olympic gold medalist, this is what it’s going to cost to keep him amateur.’ But the second anyone would get wind of it, someone else is going to complain about why they aren’t getting any of it. But it’s politics. We can’t put our best athletes in the ring because everyone wants to get a piece of the pie.”

Losing Lubin would definitely hamper USA Boxing’s chances of making the podium in Rio de Janeiro 2016. The American men came home from London last summer without a medal of any kind for the first time in history, and have not won gold since 2004, when Andre Ward captured top honors at light heavyweight.

“Erickson’s a special kid,” Harlib said. “He doesn’t know how to lose. I’m going with the team to Kazakhstan this week. I’d feel a lot better if he was going with us.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/usa-boxing-pleads-with-tyson-not-sign-lubin--70166

Best Olympic prospect since Andre Ward:banderas:

Gave Imam that work in sparring:whew:

The REAL reason Errol Spence dropped down to 147 instead of staying at 154:demonic:

The Phenom aka Erickson "The Hammer" Lubin

#HammerHeads

:blessed:
USA Boxing was all in their feelings in 2013 whining to everyone that would listen about Iron Mike trying to steal Lubin.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bout damn time.. maybe haymon is starting to feel the heat from all the bum matchmaking

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Keith Thurman trashes Mayweather in interview
PostDateIcon.png
June 25th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 57 Comments
Share the post "Keith Thurman trashes Mayweather in interview"

thurman5.jpg
By Jaime Ortega: In a recent interview, WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman (25-0, 21 KOs) with vitriolic confidence harshly lashed Floyd Mayweather Jr. with criticism after hearing the champion say that Thurman should fight in his next undercard against unbeaten Errol Spence (17-0, 14 KOs). Thurman got upset with Floyd for him possibly giving Andre Berto, Karim Mayfield and even Amir Khan a shot over his undefeated record alongside Kell Brook (35-0, 24 KOs).

“Floyd fight Kell Brook, fight a big welterweight, don’t [expletive] fight Amir Khan bro, don’t fight that [expletive],” Thurman said via 78SPORTSTV and added, “Go ahead and fight an undefeated fighter, if you don’t want to fight me because you don’t want to fight a brother who can punch and hurt you…then go fight him (Brook) for the fans!”

Thurman ended the interview by saying that Errol Spence Jr. should fight Diego Chavez, before he steps in the ring with him.

Boxing needs a facelift; it needs a fighter who is willing to take on everyone for the sake of boxing and not just money alone. In my opinion, Thurman and Brook represent that stereotype of fighters, that unlike Floyd, are willing to take on all opponents and styles.

A few years back Marcos Maidana ducked Thurman and pulled out from the deal, as Thurman in Florida was already training, sparring with Shawn Porter to prepare for the fight. Amir Khan, has ducked Kell Brook, who has repeatedly stated that he wants the fight to show England who is the best out the two pugilists.

As a fan of boxing, to say the least, the way boxing presently carries itself is simply and plainly ridiculous.

Thurman has to work on his game, agreed, but it’s difficult for pure pugilistic breeds like the Clear Water native to impose their dominance over contenders who don’t want to fight him. What is he supposed to do? Get on his knees and beg?

He gets the dog scraps, not the obvious fights. With that said, I have to give Luis Collazo credit for taking the fight with Thurman because no one in the top ten of the welterweight division wants a piece of ‘One Time’.

Thurman despite the criticism received after the Leonard Bundu fight, who he handled in great fashion, has not yet convinced the casual boxing fans who are looking for knockouts only. Boxing is more than knockouts, more than holding, and way more than cherry picking, if you get the point!

After beating Robert Guerrero via a 12 round unanimous decision last March, that wasn’t enough for some of his critics to cut Thurman some slack, focusing instead on his mistakes.

Thurman with Floyd hold the WBA belt, and should square off in the ring for the sake of boxing. Errol versus Thurman, Porter or Brook is a fight for the future, but far from present reality.

Errol Spencer Jr. as of today has fought nobodies, and if he ends up becoming the next superstar, he will find it hard to get opponents who will agree to fight him just as Thurman experienced. At this point in his career he doesn’t deserve Thurman, but Thurman does deserve Floyd and Floyd knows that very well.

Yet Floyd wants to sell that fight to the public, he wants to evanescence from the obvious picture and instead sell the public Errol versus Thurman — but not all fans are dull minded.

Adrian Broner, who was supposed be the next ‘Floyd’ according to Floyd himself ended up becoming a Fraud to the public after the Porter bout, and we don’t know if Errol will or will not flop like his TMT acolyte, so as stated above, he needs more time.

But, common, folks! Seriously? Mayfield and Berto? I mean Floyd was complaining a few years ago about legendary Manny Pacquiao not deserving the title shot after he lost against Juan Manuel Marquez, but now when the smoke cloud has finally dissipated he wants to take on Berto or Mayfield?

I can smell a rematch between Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, for May 2, 2016. Floyd to take over Rocky Marciano’s record, 50-0, but let me remind everyone that the record holder is the legendary Ricardo Lopez who holds the record of 51-0-1. Tie doesn’t count as defeat. In the process of a rematch, and before his retirement to become a promoter there is room for great fights.

Floyd you need to take on Thurman, or Brook and stop selling smoke to the public. No one wants to see you fight two undeserved fighters, who don’t stand a chance against you. No one is asking you to fight Gennady Golovkin, I get it, he is too big. Although realistically the one who calls himself “The Best Ever” should take on different weight classes as Sugar Ray Robinson and Henry Armstrong once did, the latter defending his belt nineteen times.

You need to at least give these young lions a shot. The sport needs young boxers to progress, not regress. Belts are to defend, not to give away. Boxers get paid for fighting, not stalemating.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Keith Thurman trashes Mayweather in interview
PostDateIcon.png
June 25th, 2015 | Post FB Comment - 57 Comments
Share the post "Keith Thurman trashes Mayweather in interview"

thurman5.jpg
By Jaime Ortega: In a recent interview, WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman (25-0, 21 KOs) with vitriolic confidence harshly lashed Floyd Mayweather Jr. with criticism after hearing the champion say that Thurman should fight in his next undercard against unbeaten Errol Spence (17-0, 14 KOs). Thurman got upset with Floyd for him possibly giving Andre Berto, Karim Mayfield and even Amir Khan a shot over his undefeated record alongside Kell Brook (35-0, 24 KOs).

“Floyd fight Kell Brook, fight a big welterweight, don’t [expletive] fight Amir Khan bro, don’t fight that [expletive],” Thurman said via 78SPORTSTV and added, “Go ahead and fight an undefeated fighter, if you don’t want to fight me because you don’t want to fight a brother who can punch and hurt you…then go fight him (Brook) for the fans!”

Thurman ended the interview by saying that Errol Spence Jr. should fight Diego Chavez, before he steps in the ring with him.

Boxing needs a facelift; it needs a fighter who is willing to take on everyone for the sake of boxing and not just money alone. In my opinion, Thurman and Brook represent that stereotype of fighters, that unlike Floyd, are willing to take on all opponents and styles.

:comeon: Is that why he's never calling out Thurman himself?

All I hear from him is "Khan, Khan, Khan" or the obligatory "Floyd" mention:comeon:

Why doesnt he call out Keith Thurman?:sas2:

A few years back Marcos Maidana ducked Thurman and pulled out from the deal, as Thurman in Florida was already training, sparring with Shawn Porter to prepare for the fight. Amir Khan, has ducked Kell Brook, who has repeatedly stated that he wants the fight to show England who is the best out the two pugilists.

As a fan of boxing, to say the least, the way boxing presently carries itself is simply and plainly ridiculous.

Thurman has to work on his game, agreed, but it’s difficult for pure pugilistic breeds like the Clear Water native to impose their dominance over contenders who don’t want to fight him. What is he supposed to do? Get on his knees and beg?

He gets the dog scraps, not the obvious fights. With that said, I have to give Luis Collazo credit for taking the fight with Thurman because no one in the top ten of the welterweight division wants a piece of ‘One Time’.

Thurman despite the criticism received after the Leonard Bundu fight, who he handled in great fashion, has not yet convinced the casual boxing fans who are looking for knockouts only. Boxing is more than knockouts, more than holding, and way more than cherry picking, if you get the point!

After beating Robert Guerrero via a 12 round unanimous decision last March, that wasn’t enough for some of his critics to cut Thurman some slack, focusing instead on his mistakes.

Thurman with Floyd hold the WBA belt, and should square off in the ring for the sake of boxing. Errol versus Thurman, Porter or Brook is a fight for the future, but far from present reality.

Errol Spencer Jr. as of today has fought nobodies, and if he ends up becoming the next superstar, he will find it hard to get opponents who will agree to fight him just as Thurman experienced. At this point in his career he doesn’t deserve Thurman, but Thurman does deserve Floyd and Floyd knows that very well.

Yet Floyd wants to sell that fight to the public, he wants to evanescence from the obvious picture and instead sell the public Errol versus Thurman — but not all fans are dull minded.

Adrian Broner, who was supposed be the next ‘Floyd’ according to Floyd himself ended up becoming a Fraud to the public after the Porter bout, and we don’t know if Errol will or will not flop like his TMT acolyte, so as stated above, he needs more time.

But, common, folks! Seriously? Mayfield and Berto? I mean Floyd was complaining a few years ago about legendary Manny Pacquiao not deserving the title shot after he lost against Juan Manuel Marquez, but now when the smoke cloud has finally dissipated he wants to take on Berto or Mayfield?

:dahell:

He's fought and beaten everyone and hasnt faced an opponent who didnt have a Championship pedigree since he fought Bruseles 15 fights ago:ufdup:

He can finally take an easy fight and ride of into the sunset

I can smell a rematch between Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, for May 2, 2016. Floyd to take over Rocky Marciano’s record, 50-0, but let me remind everyone that the record holder is the legendary Ricardo Lopez who holds the record of 51-0-1. Tie doesn’t count as defeat.

:usure:

Doesnt count as a win neither:umad:

He had 52 fights and won 51 of em:mjpls:

Floyd has had 48 fights and won all 48 of em. 100% success rate.:wow:

In the process of a rematch, and before his retirement to become a promoter there is room for great fights.

Floyd you need to take on Thurman, or Brook and stop selling smoke to the public. No one wants to see you fight two undeserved fighters, who don’t stand a chance against you. No one is asking you to fight Gennady Golovkin, I get it, he is too big. Although realistically the one who calls himself “The Best Ever” should take on different weight classes as Sugar Ray Robinson and Henry Armstrong once did, the latter defending his belt nineteen times.

:snoop:

Floyd has fought in 5 different weight classes and defended his Championships a total of 17 times already....18 times in September:camby:

You need to at least give these young lions a shot. The sport needs young boxers to progress, not regress. Belts are to defend, not to give away. Boxers get paid for fighting, not stalemating.

Now it's all about fighting a "young Lion" when just for 6 years it was "bu-bu-but, he's scared of Manny. Fight Manny:mjcry:"

:pacspit:

This article is wack brehs:camby:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
:comeon: Is that why he's never calling out Thurman himself?

All I hear from him is "Khan, Khan, Khan" or the obligatory "Floyd" mention:comeon:

Why doesnt he call out Keith Thurman?:sas2:

:dahell:

He's fought and beaten everyone and hasnt faced an opponent who didnt have a Championship pedigree since he fought Bruseles 15 fights ago:ufdup:

He can finally take an easy fight and ride of into the sunset

:usure:

Doesnt count as a win neither:umad:

He had 52 fights and won 51 of em:mjpls:

Floyd has had 48 fights and won all 48 of em. 100% success rate.:wow:

:snoop:

Floyd has fought in 5 different weight classes and defended his Championships a total of 17 times already....18 times in September:camby:

Now it's all about fighting a "young Lion" when just for 6 years it was "bu-bu-but, he's scared of Manny. Fight Manny:mjcry:"

:pacspit:

This article is wack brehs:camby:

young lion comments did irritate me....so he gonna act like canelo didnt have/still does have more hype as a young fighter that may faced and beat.:dwillhuh:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
If Bradley can make 160...then there's no problem imo.

Roberto Duran fought Marvin Hagler at 160 and nobody said anything or holds that against Marvelous:manny:
I see your point. I just think it is win-win for Bradley and lose-lose for GGG.
Duran and Hagler were ATG, I don't think Bradley or GGG are at the level that Duran and Hagler were at.

Bradley wins he gets the praise for beating the monster at 160, if he loses he gets credit for challenging the monster and no one thinks less of him.
GGG wins and people will say he beat up a 147 lb fighter (who many think is small at 147) and if he loses it finally gives GGG haters the ammo to really go at him and bring his rep down.

Bradley gets :salute: for saying he would take the fight and isn't scared. I would just prefer to see GGG fight Lemiuex or Lee, who have belts and are at 160. If GGG is going to fight a guy not quite a full fledged MW then of course I want it to be Cotto or Canelo because they will have the lineal belt and I think most think are probably better than Bradley head to head.

I am willing to hear arguments of why it is a good fight, just doesn't get me excited right now.
:manny:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Felix Verdejo undergoes successful hand surgery

unnamed-1.jpg

Felix Verdejo successfully had minor surgery on his left hand, it was reported on Tuesday.
The highly-regarded prospect from Puerto Rico traveled to the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic in Los Angeles to have the procedure done.

Dr. Steven Shin performed the surgery on Verdejo, who has suffered inflammation in his hand in recent months.
“Everything was a success,” said Shin, who was selected as the best hand surgeon in 2014 by Castle Connolly. “We removed the bone spur in his left hand. It is as good as new.”
Shin has worked with boxers Vasyl Lomachenko and Brandon Rios and LaMarcus Aldridge of the Portland Trailblazers among others.

Verdejo, who is promoted by Top Rank Promotions, began having issues with his left hand earlier this year, when he had to withdraw from a Feb. 28 bout against Marco Antonio Lopez. An MRI then revealed there was swelling in his metacarpal tendon.
Verdejo took some time off but did return to the ring on April 25, stopping Lopez in the fifth round. In his last bout on June 13, Verdejo improved to 18-0, 13 knockouts with a one-sided, 10-round decision over Ivan Najera in New York City.
Shin will reportedly re-evaluate Verdejo on Monday. He recommended Verdejo to not use his left hand for any boxing-related activities for three months.

While lingering injuries, especially to the hands, are part of the fight game, Verdejo’s promoter and management agree on a slow recovery.

“We’re not going to rush anything,” said Ricky Marquez, manager and trainer of Verdejo. “We will wait until Felix makes a full recovery. Once that happens, we will know when he will return to the ring.”

• Dap
Reactions: Rev