Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Floyd is calling Spence "The Future" and all this other stuff...which is cool:obama:

Problem is, Floyd has a poor effect on fighters who state are "next" and they end up falling off the level of hype they were shortly. I've been thinking about this lately, and yall tell me am I tripping:ohhh:

Example A: Devon Alexander

4e42f6e79f5cc.image.jpg

Devon Alexander beats Juan Urango in dazzling fashion and at the time, Alexander was 23 years old, 20-0 with 14 wins via KO. Floyd Mayweather really goes in and raves on how "Alexander The Great" was up next and The Future of Boxing:

After he gets the stamp of approval from Floyd.....he's 6-3 over his last 9 fights:mjpls:

Example B: Adrien Broner

mayweatherbroner.jpg

Do I need to say anything?:comeon:

AB is touted as the next Mayweather, moves up 2 weight classes and beats Paulie Malignaggi in front of Floyd who was at the fight, and becomes a 3x Champion in 3 Different Weight Classes by the time he was only 23. At the time, AB is 27-0 with 22 wins via KO. Floyd then goes on to start professing his love for "Lil Bro" loudly and in public, predicting that AB will be "The Future of Boxing":

After he gets the stamp of approval from Floyd.....he's 3-2 over his last 5 fights:mjpls:

Now, this brings us to Errol Spence.

20160617_Sun_Boxing_Workouts_LE1_t320.jpg

Errol Spence Jr. is 25 years old, 17-0 with 14 wins via KO, and coming off a great showing against Phil Lo Greco (those body shots:banderas:). Floyd Mayweather is now intrigued with this young boxer and is proclaimed him as "The Future Of Boxing".

Is Errol Spence Jr. gonna be able to break "The Mayweather Curse" brehs?:ohhh:

We will found out over the next couple years:blessed:

No one ever said being in the foot steps of the goat would be easy. He went through it so they wouldn't have to :wow:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Floyd is calling Spence "The Future" and all this other stuff...which is cool:obama:

Problem is, Floyd has a poor effect on fighters who state are "next" and they end up falling off the level of hype they were shortly. I've been thinking about this lately, and yall tell me am I tripping:ohhh:

Example A: Devon Alexander

4e42f6e79f5cc.image.jpg

Devon Alexander beats Juan Urango in dazzling fashion and at the time, Alexander was 23 years old, 20-0 with 14 wins via KO. Floyd Mayweather really goes in and raves on how "Alexander The Great" was up next and The Future of Boxing:

After he gets the stamp of approval from Floyd.....he's 6-3 over his last 9 fights:mjpls:

Example B: Adrien Broner

mayweatherbroner.jpg

Do I need to say anything?:comeon:

AB is touted as the next Mayweather, moves up 2 weight classes and beats Paulie Malignaggi in front of Floyd who was at the fight, and becomes a 3x Champion in 3 Different Weight Classes by the time he was only 23. At the time, AB is 27-0 with 22 wins via KO. Floyd then goes on to start professing his love for "Lil Bro" loudly and in public, predicting that AB will be "The Future of Boxing":

After he gets the stamp of approval from Floyd.....he's 3-2 over his last 5 fights:mjpls:

Now, this brings us to Errol Spence.

20160617_Sun_Boxing_Workouts_LE1_t320.jpg

Errol Spence Jr. is 25 years old, 17-0 with 14 wins via KO, and coming off a great showing against Phil Lo Greco (those body shots:banderas:). Floyd Mayweather is now intrigued with this young boxer and is proclaimed him as "The Future Of Boxing".

Is Errol Spence Jr. gonna be able to break "The Mayweather Curse" brehs?:ohhh:

We will found out over the next couple years:blessed:
#GGGoodBoys, we taking that reverse effect. He thinks we are nobodies, the Mayweather Curse means we are going to continue to be great. :banderas:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
With all of the A-sides from Haymon's stable catching that work lately...

I'm thinking the Collazo from the Berto fight is going to show up against Thurman. One Time better prepare for that version and not the one that fought Khan.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
nah thurman the real deal
he gonna fukk collazo up

Breh you talking to the President of the Florida chapter of #Thurminators who even went as far as to make a theme song for the man. I know Thurman is the real deal.

but......

this is boxing an anything can and will happen.

nikkas said Khan was the real deal and he got smacked around by a cherry picked Algieri that Manny just dribbled around last year.

nikkas said The Ghost was the real deal and he just got smacked around by a cherry picked career mode nikka with 4 KO's

Broner was supposed to be the real deal and he just got smacked around by a nikka tailor made for him with a catchweight advantage.

All I'm saying is Thurman better be prepared for the best version of Collazo so I won't have to add him to that above list.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh you talking to the President of the Florida chapter of #Thurminators who even went as far as to make a theme song for the man. I know Thurman is the real deal.

but......

this is boxing an anything can and will happen.

nikkas said Khan was the real deal and he got smacked around by a cherry picked Algieri that Manny just dribbled around last year.

nikkas said The Ghost was the real deal and he just got smacked around by a cherry picked career mode nikka with 4 KO's

Broner was supposed to be the real deal and he just got smacked around by a nikka tailor made for him with a catchweight advantage.

All I'm saying is Thurman better be prepared for the best version of Collazo so I won't have to add him to that above list.
:ohhh: my bad i didn't know bout your credentials
i remember that theme song business though:mjlol:

mayb i'm gassed but i never saw khan or ghost on the level that i'm seeing thurman at right now

i was gassed by broner though but i'm done with that:camby:

thurman by tko:win: