Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:ufdup:

Signs of a great promoter. Getting gift decisions is part of the game. If your promoter can't do that for you, you aren't on the right team.

I remember Zab was kind of mad at Don for not getting that decision against Baldomir & rightfully so. I don't know how Don let that happen.

thats only 1 thing....when floyd was running around talking about drug testing this and drug testing that, his fighters were getting popped for shyt..so they have that stigma....take a good hard look at that roster..who besides errol spence has any positive momentum? badou jack..thats prolly it

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
thats only 1 thing....when floyd was running talking about drug testing this and drug testing that, his fighters were getting popped for shyt..so they have that stigma....take a good hard look at that roster..who besides errol spence has any positive momentum? badou jack..thats prolly it

Errol Spence isnt signed to TMT is he?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats only 1 thing....when floyd was running around talking about drug testing this and drug testing that, his fighters were getting popped for shyt..so they have that stigma....take a good hard look at that roster..who besides errol spence has any positive momentum? badou jack..thats prolly it

Your looking into this way too deep.

The point is TMT built their roster from scratch & didn't take any shortcuts. These new promoters like SMS & Roc Nation come in overpaying established old ass fighters & won't have any longevity.

If I came into the game right now as a promoter, I'm willing to accept it may take about 10 years to get some type of success.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Im just going by what NBC reported themselves:manny:

A peak half hour was 8% more viewers

Thats like :banderas:the Cavs scored 28 in the 1st qtr N the Warriors scored 26...Mean while the final score the Warriors won by 12 :russ:

Swift - 3.4 Milly
AB - 2.56 Milly

Id blame that horrible swing bout without that AB shoulda atleast did 2.9 maybe 3:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
youre right...:salute:....so yeah only badou jack out of that roster

Floyd is calling Spence "The Future" and all this other stuff...which is cool:obama:

Problem is, Floyd has a poor effect on fighters who state are "next" and they end up falling off the level of hype they were shortly. I've been thinking about this lately, and yall tell me am I tripping:ohhh:

Example A: Devon Alexander

4e42f6e79f5cc.image.jpg

Devon Alexander beats Juan Urango in dazzling fashion and at the time, Alexander was 23 years old, 20-0 with 14 wins via KO. Floyd Mayweather really goes in and raves on how "Alexander The Great" was up next and The Future of Boxing:

After the victory, HBO's official website reports that Alexander received an endorsement from one of the best pound for pound fighters in the sport, Floyd Mayweather Jr. The unbeaten Mayweather, training for his May 1 clash with Shane Mosley, views Alexander as the next great fighter in our sport. "Money" made a phone call to "The Great" and told him on speakerphone [with others listening]:
"I just wanted to tell you, when I pass the torch - I'm passing it to you," Mayweather told Alexander.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-alexander-i-pass-torch-you--25868

After he gets the stamp of approval from Floyd.....he's 6-3 over his last 9 fights:mjpls:

Example B: Adrien Broner

mayweatherbroner.jpg

Do I need to say anything?:comeon:

AB is touted as the next Mayweather, moves up 2 weight classes and beats Paulie Malignaggi in front of Floyd who was at the fight, and becomes a 3x Champion in 3 Different Weight Classes by the time he was only 23. At the time, AB is 27-0 with 22 wins via KO. Floyd then goes on to start professing his love for "Lil Bro" loudly and in public, predicting that AB will be "The Future of Boxing":

“Adrien Broner is truly amazing. He’s the future of boxing. Adrien Broner’s my little brother. Both of these guys are great. A young Floyd Mayweather.”

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/06...-the-future-of-boxing-hes-like-a-young-floyd/

After he gets the stamp of approval from Floyd.....he's 3-2 over his last 5 fights:mjpls:

Now, this brings us to Errol Spence.

20160617_Sun_Boxing_Workouts_LE1_t320.jpg

Errol Spence Jr. is 25 years old, 17-0 with 14 wins via KO, and coming off a great showing against Phil Lo Greco (those body shots:banderas:). Floyd Mayweather is now intrigued with this young boxer and is proclaimed him as "The Future Of Boxing".

Is Errol Spence Jr. gonna be able to break "The Mayweather Curse" brehs?:ohhh:

We will found out over the next couple years:blessed:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Floyd is calling Spence "The Future" and all this other stuff...which is cool:obama:

Problem is, Floyd has a poor effect on fighters who state are "next" and they end up falling off the level of hype they were shortly. I've been thinking about this lately, and yall tell me am I tripping:ohhh:

4e42f6e79f5cc.image.jpg

Devon Alexander beats Juan Urango in dazzling fashion and at the time, Alexander was 23 years old, 20-0 with 14 wins via KO. Floyd Mayweather really goes in and raves on how "Alexander The Great" was up next and The Future of Boxing:

After he gets the stamp of approval from Floyd.....he's 6-3 over his last 9 fights:mjpls:

mayweatherbroner.jpg

AB is touted as the next Mayweather, moves up 2 weight classes and beats Paulie Malignaggi in front of Floyd who was at the fight, and becomes a 3x Champion in 3 Different Weight Classes by the time he was only 23. At the time, AB is 27-0 with 22 wins via KO. Floyd then goes on to start professing his love for "Lil Bro" loudly and in public, predicting that AB will be "The Future of Boxing":

After he gets the stamp of approval from Floyd.....he's 3-2 over his last 5 fights:mjpls:

Errol Spence Jr. is 25 years old, 17-0 with 14 wins via KO, and coming off a great showing against Phil Lo Greco (those body shots:banderas:). Floyd Mayweather is now intrigued with this young boxer and is proclaimed him as "The Future Of Boxing".

Good post breh.

I was thinking about that shyt too.

You could also add Chad Dawson to that list. I remember he was heaping all sorts of praise on dude and was even at one of his fights.

Everything kinda went downhill after that:mjcry:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Good post breh.

You could also add Chad Dawson to that list. I remember he was heaping all sorts of praise on dude and was even at one of his fights.

Yep, Chad too.

I'd like to see if Errol Spence is able to do what Alexander The Great, Bad Chad, and The Problem were not....survive The Mayweather Curse:wow:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
He better do it before I do it.:sas2:

:upsetfavre:

4e42f6e79f5cc.image.jpg

mayweatherbroner.jpg

:damn: keep him all the fukk away from the young prospects, no wonder these TMT dudes ain't shyt. It's the curse :ohhh:

Good post breh.

I was just about to say this, I forget what fight it was but it was during Floyd's layoff he was at a Dawson vs gen Eurocac fight like :blessed:

it's over for Spence :wow:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:mjlol: at Floyd not sitting ringside for that Dawson fight because J Prince was chilling in them front row seats.

I can't remember what Dawson fight it was, but that's the only time I can remember Floyd not sitting up close ( with the stature he has in the sport now)

I don't count the ChopChop/Judah fight where he looked like he was 7 or 8 rows back. He wasn't Money May then.