Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Team Krack instructions on removing earmuffs :mjcry:

ZUyTMek.gif

jgVMY8g.gif

:wow:

Team Krack instructions on slipping the uppercut through the guard :takedat:

IIYGRGO.gif

cqvhsUf.gif

:mjcry:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think because Andre Ward hasn't fought at 168 for a couple of years, he deserves 2 tuneups, in Oakland. His last fight was at Cruiserweight, so it's not a real tuneup at his weight. Andre is NOT a cruiserweight. Just because he was dominant in his cruiserweight debut does not mean he should look to challenge guys like Guillermo Jones. There are weight classes for a reason.

Here's who I think his tuneups should be.

Patrick Tessier - Based out of Quebec. Better than his record would indicate. Rugged white guy.
Derek Edwards - Based out of Las Vegas. KO'd Jack in the first round. Lost to Dirrel in his last fight. Also lost to Stevenson years back.

After these 2 tuneups are out the way, Andre should look at a title holder in 2017. Maybe someone will emerge as worthy.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
I think because Andre Ward hasn't fought at 168 for a couple of years, he deserves 2 tuneups, in Oakland. His last fight was at Cruiserweight, so it's not a real tuneup at his weight. Andre is NOT a cruiserweight. Just because he was dominant in his cruiserweight debut does not mean he should look to challenge guys like Guillermo Jones. There are weight classes for a reason.

Patrick Tessier - Based out of Quebec. Better than his record would indicate. Rugged white guy.
Derek Edwards - Based out of Las Vegas. KO'd Jack in the first round. Lost to Dirrel in his last fight. Also lost to Stevenson years back.

After these 2 tuneups are out the way, Andre should look at a title holder in 2017. Maybe someone will emerge as worthy.

Man he's already 19 months behind in his career; I don't think wasting too much more time with more tuneups is going to do him any favors...

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man he's already 19 months behind in his career; I don't think wasting too much more time with more tuneups is going to do him any favors...

Andre is doing things the right way. He has to go back down & get acclimated to the weight. This is what true professionals do. He did not feel good against Paul Smith. If the fight with Paul Smith was at SMW, he stops him sooner. Andre should never fight above 168 again. If these guys want him, they need to do exactly what Dawson did, which is come down to 168 & fight in Oakland. Honestly, Ward may want to do 4 or 5 tuneups because he had a bad shoulder. Spread these tuneups over the next 3 years. He made 2 million against Paul Smith. He should try to get more tuneups for the same exact amount or more. If he can get 2 million fighting guys like this, there is no need to fight any of these other guys.

Business men with boxing gloves:obama:

• Dap
Reactions: L68

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
Andre is doing things the right way. He has to go back down & get acclimated to the weight. This is what true professionals do. He did not feel good against Paul Smith. If the fight with Paul Smith was at SMW, he stops him sooner. Andre should never fight above 168 again. If these guys want him, they need to do exactly what Dawson did, which is come down to 168 & fight in Oakland. Honestly, Ward may want to do 4 or 5 tuneups because he had a bad shoulder. Spread these tuneups over the next 3 years. He made 2 million against Paul Smith. He should try to get more tuneups for the same exact amount or more. If he can get 2 million fighting guys like this, there is no need to fight any of these other guys.

Business men with boxing gloves:obama:

So you want him to spend the next three years fighting nobodies, and you think anyone is going to continue to pay him 2 mil a pop to do so? I mean, dude is already 31, how much more of his prime can he afford to burn up with 'tuneups'?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Things got awfully contentious in the days leading up to last week's clash between Shawn Porter and Adrien Broner, as the trash talk that was initiated by Broner got very personal and involved Porter's father and trainer, Kenny.

Broner stated that it was the elder Porter who collected his son's fight checks and paid him. He added some other derogatory remarks regarding their relationship.

After the end of the 12th round on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas - where Porter did more than enough to earn a unanimous decision, Broner went over to the Porter's and tried to playfully make amends.

And Kenny wasn't having any of it.

"Don't come up to me with that dumb sh*t like you're playing with a kid......treat me any kind of way and we can be friends the next day and then come back - hell no," he explained to BoxingScene.com on Monday.

"Like the little child that you are come back and say,'Hey, I was wrong, I shouldn't have done that sir, please excuse me.' You don't come up to me with some kind of bullsh*t about - 'I'll shake your hand now or we can fight.'

"Get your punk ass outta here. That's what he said and I said - 'We can definitely fight, get your punk ass outta here.'"

The Porters have a long history with Broner, dating back to their amateur days in Ohio. Porter was very well aware of Broner's antics and was prepared for them. When asked if he lost any respect for 'the Problem' last week after his conduct, Porter said bluntly:

"I didn't have no respect for him coming into the fight. I've known him since he was ten years old and since ten years old he was cursing out his coach and I've been whipping his ass since he was ten years old. It wouldn't have been the first time."
Wow.......

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

well isnt derek edwards fighting this friday on a tru tv card? we'll see what performance he puts in...there's no chance andre is fighting full time at CW..that was a one time deal due to smith being a pound or two over 175...andre ward would have his hands full fighting somebody like guillermo jones..even as old as he is